Tevin Colemans Future

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
gunzwil guinea pigs
Role Player
Role Player

Tevin Colemans Future

Postby gunzwil guinea pigs » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:26 pm

he is still on his rookie contract and trough-out 2018. after paying freeman it's probably gonna be a new team for coleman soon... do you think he gets traded or do you even believe in an extension? whats your take for his future, could he handle a full workload if he would get a chance? and whats his current value? :) love to hear your opinions
2QB-Dynasty - 10 Team standard scoring - 30man roster
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, K, D/ST

QB: Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Matthew Stafford, Mike White, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Breece Hall, Tony Pollard, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Rashaad Penny, Damien Harris
WR: CeDee Lamb, Garrett Wilson, Stefon Diggs, Devonta Smith, Terry McLaurin, George Pickens, Calvin Ridley, Zay Flowers, Robert Woods, John Metchie, Marvin Mims
TE: Kyle Pitts, Irv Smith, Trey McBride
K: Tyler Bass
D/ST: Browns, Washington, Packers

Picks 2024: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2025: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2026: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Re: Tevin Colemans Future

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:20 pm

I like the talent, but hate the situation. I think him resigning is a bigger possibility than people realize. Unless Atlanta invests in WR in the next year or two, I think they will see Coleman as an important enough piece to keep around as he is their clear 3rd best weapon on offense. And Coleman might be happy with that role if he is having success and getting paid accordingly.

It is still more likely that he is on a new team in 2019, but we have to wait 2 seasons for that, we don't know the role he is walking into, and it is possible it doesn't happen. I am all for buying talent and being situation agnostic, but this seems like a situation that could damper him for a while.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

roseyknee
Role Player
Role Player

Postby roseyknee » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:26 am

I've seen a few people mention the possibility of a Coleman trade to improve his situation. I don't see how this is even a possibility-why would Atlanta ship off a talented, productive RB still on his rookie contract? The only reason I could think of is if the GM has Coleman on his dynasty team. They'll want to protect their investment in Freeman by not running him into the ground, and Coleman is more than capable. It sucks for fantasy that he will be nothing more than a flex/handcuff for the next two years unless something happens to Freeman.

steelermurf
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby steelermurf » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:39 pm

I own both Freeman and Coleman, I start them both.

I think he has value now already. I doubt they resign him, so look forward to seeing him as a feature back in a couple years