#1 WRs most likely to break out

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

#1 WRs most likely to break out

Postby Slackalacker » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:33 pm

And when I say #1 I don't mean by top tier fantasy stud status, I mean by team status!

Every year there's exactly 32 #1 WRs on NFL rosters. Year after year, the top 32 fantasy WRs don't represent every team. More often than not teams like the Broncos, Steelers, NO, GB and other offensive juggernauts have two or even three WRs represented in the top 32.

But when I look for value at the end of the draft, I'm looking for guys who are the #1 on their respective team. Although this title sometimes comes with sticky man to man coverage, it also typically comes with an abundance of targets and opportunities to make plays.

Who from this year is a WR1 on a team that hasn't produced yet but you expect to?

My two are Kevin White and Corey Coleman.

White was expected to do so years ago but right now is his best opportunity. No Alshon, no Meredith, just Him and some mediocre QBs. Somewhere to the tune of 8-10 targets a game could net him a top 20 or even 15 finish if healthy.

Same with Coleman. Plagued by injuries in his rookie year, he had some strong games nonetheless and has seemed to have quick chemistry with rookie QB Keizer. I think of all the 2nd year WRs who dealt with injuries last year, Coleman is the one to produce at a high level this year.

What other non stud WR1s do you expect to break out?
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: #1 WRs most likely to break out

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:19 pm

So first off, who's eligible? I would say the list of WR1s on NFL teams who've yet to break out are:

Zay Jones, Buffalo (I think Matthews leads them in targets and fantasy points this season, but Zay is eligible based on the fact that he may be in their plans as their WR1 of the future)

Kevin White, Chicago

Corey Coleman, Cleveland

Tyreek Hill, KC

DeVante Parker, Miami (like Zay Jones, he won't lead in targets but he's the future not Landry)

The Jets, haha... Robby Anderson, Ardarius Stwerart, Jermaine Kearse, Charone Peake... all eligible :lol: )

Corey Davis, Tennessee

Josh Doctson, Washington (again, see Zay Jones)
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:25 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:19 pm So first off, who's eligible? I would say the list of WR1s on NFL teams who've yet to break out are:

Zay Jones, Buffalo (I think Matthews leads them in targets and fantasy points this season, but Zay is eligible based on the fact that he may be in their plans as their WR1 of the future)

Kevin White, Chicago

Corey Coleman, Cleveland

Tyreek Hill, KC

DeVante Parker, Miami (like Zay Jones, he won't lead in targets but he's the future not Landry)

The Jets, haha... Robby Anderson, Ardarius Stwerart, Jermaine Kearse, Charone Peake... all eligible :lol: )

Corey Davis, Tennessee

Josh Doctson, Washington (again, see Zay Jones)
Correct, just whoever is listed as the teams WR1 on their official depth chart, granted some are going to change a few weeks into the season.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:31 pm

Here's what I project them to get this year:

Zay Jones: 65-720-3

Kevin White: 70-850-5

Corey Coleman: 65-950-5

Tyreek Hill: 65-1000-5, plus some rushing

DeVante Parker: 70-1000-7

The Jets will be lucky to produce a single WR who catches 65 balls.

Corey Davis: 50-650-3

Josh Doctson: 45-600-4
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:39 pm

I think people are sleeping on Robbie Anderson and he is the ideal response to this post. I am not saying he is a great WR in the mold of a Devante Parker, who has elite talent, but Robbie Anderson is an average WR finding himself as the Jets WR1, which will lead him to fantasy relevance. Heck, he helped me win a championship last year with his stellar fantasy performances down the stretch.

Tyreek Hill doesn't belong in this thread. He is an absolute stud player and everybody knows it. He is no sleeper.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:45 pm

remedy29 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:39 pm I think people are sleeping on Robbie Anderson and he is the ideal response to this post. I am not saying he is a great WR in the mold of a Devante Parker, who has elite talent, but Robbie Anderson is an average WR finding himself as the Jets WR1, which will lead him to fantasy relevance. Heck, he helped me win a championship last year with his stellar fantasy performances down the stretch.

Treek Hill doesn't belong I this thread. He is an absolute stud player and everybody knows it. He is no sleeper.
Hill isn't a sleeper but neither are Parker or Zay Jones or even Kevin White. This thread was for guys who haven't yet proven capable of delivering weekly fantasy studliness as their team's primary option. Hill has not yet proven capable of running routes and handling a defense's best CB, etc. He looks like he may be up to the task, certainly.

As for Anderson, I think his ceiling is a season similar to what Marvin Jones did last year. But from a weekly NFL perspective, I think Kearse and/or Kerley will be the primary target hogs. Nothing sexy for fantasy, but probably somewhere around 50-60 catches and 500-600 yards.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:51 pm

Richard Mathews is another good WR that may be his team's WR1. Decker and Core Davis are close behind, but as of now, Mathews has the most upside for this season.

Kendal Wright also. The already mentioned Kevin White close behind, but I'm not sure he is the same player they thought they drafted.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:02 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:45 pm
remedy29 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:39 pm I think people are sleeping on Robbie Anderson and he is the ideal response to this post. I am not saying he is a great WR in the mold of a Devante Parker, who has elite talent, but Robbie Anderson is an average WR finding himself as the Jets WR1, which will lead him to fantasy relevance. Heck, he helped me win a championship last year with his stellar fantasy performances down the stretch.

Treek Hill doesn't belong I this thread. He is an absolute stud player and everybody knows it. He is no sleeper.
Hill isn't a sleeper but neither are Parker or Zay Jones or even Kevin White. This thread was for guys who haven't yet proven capable of delivering weekly fantasy studliness as their team's primary option. Hill has not yet proven capable of running routes and handling a defense's best CB, etc. He looks like he may be up to the task, certainly.

As for Anderson, I think his ceiling is a season similar to what Marvin Jones did last year. But from a weekly NFL perspective, I think Kearse and/or Kerley will be the primary target hogs. Nothing sexy for fantasy, but probably somewhere around 50-60 catches and 500-600 yards.
Tyreek Hill finished as a WR2 last year. He broke out already. The original poster mentioned players who can be drafted late in drafts. That's not Hill.

Perhaps Kersey or Kearse have some value in PPR, but Robbie Anderson has immensely more talent. If/when the Jets win games this year it will be Robbie Anderson making big plays. He and Powell are the only players with any juice on the Jets roster.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:27 pm

remedy29 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:02 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:45 pm

Tyreek Hill finished as a WR2 last year. He broke out already. The original poster mentioned players who can be drafted late in drafts. That's not Hill.
You're right, I honestly didn't catch the part about "late in drafts", but by that token Coleman doesn't qualify either.

The way I was looking at this list was, which starting WR's have the chance to see enough volume this year to possibly return considerably more production than where they're being drafted, and could then become the centerpiece of their team's offense going forward?
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/