Jamaal Williams vs Aaron Jones

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Huh
Starter
Starter

Re: Jamaal Williams vs Aaron Jones

Postby Huh » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:07 pm

When I see Williams, I see Asiata 2.0. Nothing special but isn’t terrible and will eventually be replaced. Jones it is!

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:15 pm

0LDMAN wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:23 am
Titans95 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:35 am
BucFanJKE wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:10 am

An offensive lineman is pretty good in pass protection too. Just toss a guard back there instead of williams if all they care about is pass protection.

I'm being a little extra obviously. But a good run game takes pressure off the pass rush. So Jones just by being the dynamic runner he is can help keep Rodgers off the dirt.
Not convinced Jones is that much more dynamic than Williams. Had a pretty limited showing and wasn't featured when he came back, he's been gone from the team for 2 weeks and hasn't been running with the 1st team offense much this preseason. Obviously time will tell and we don't have to wait long.
At this point an O-lineman might be more dynamic than Williams. Jones has impressed each opportunity, Williams has done nothing but plod along and people bought into him because of his volume last season. It's becoming clear that he's not the guy, he's Just A Guy.

Is Jones the guy? That remains to be seen, but it's obvious JWill is not.
I'm not a Jamaal Williams owner or even a truther but I think there is a bit of overreaction here. Week 1 was up against a stout front in Chicago and the Packers fell behind early. Week 2 was an obvious match-up nightmare for anyone that isn't absolutely ELITE. I get the Aaron Jones Truthers are banging the table for him now that Jamaal hasn't produced elite numbers in 2 games but he's been the starter all off season. IF Jones takes over that backfield it will be mid/late in the season. They aren't going to completely change the guard right away just because he's back from suspension. As to the pass protection comments I think everyone is taking that too lightly. Its a very good trait to have for a RB and he's one of the better ones at it and by far the best in GB, he's also been better than Jones in the passing game to date.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:33 pm

Titans95 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:15 pm
I'm not a Jamaal Williams owner or even a truther but I think there is a bit of overreaction here. Week 1 was up against a stout front in Chicago and the Packers fell behind early. Week 2 was an obvious match-up nightmare for anyone that isn't absolutely ELITE. I get the Aaron Jones Truthers are banging the table for him now that Jamaal hasn't produced elite numbers in 2 games but he's been the starter all off season. IF Jones takes over that backfield it will be mid/late in the season. They aren't going to completely change the guard right away just because he's back from suspension. As to the pass protection comments I think everyone is taking that too lightly. Its a very good trait to have for a RB and he's one of the better ones at it and by far the best in GB, he's also been better than Jones in the passing game to date.
I've got both of them in a few leagues, but this isn't a new development. You're saying he hasn't produced "elite" numbers in two games, but that's not even accurate. He's been bad. And he was bad last year too. That's why I think Jones is better than him. Is Jones great? Like I said, maybe, but the point is Jamaal is bad.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:46 am

0LDMAN wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:33 pm
Titans95 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:15 pm
I've got both of them in a few leagues, but this isn't a new development. You're saying he hasn't produced "elite" numbers in two games, but that's not even accurate. He's been bad. And he was bad last year too. That's why I think Jones is better than him. Is Jones great? Like I said, maybe, but the point is Jamaal is bad.
I think he's done his job. I don't think he's done bad in a real football since. Bad for fantasy yes.

Njpell
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Njpell » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:36 pm

Jones is the way better back. Full stop. Ty is just converted who might get a few passes now and then. I see Joned is taking over the lead by week five and not letting go !!

diamonddave
Captain
Captain

Postby diamonddave » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:53 am

Huh wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:07 pm When I see Williams, I see Asiata 2.0. Nothing special but isn’t terrible and will eventually be replaced. Jones it is!
Jones has the highest upside for sure. JWill will have 2-3 good games a year when injury hits one of the other two but guys like him are dime a dozen.
12-team, PPR, 2QB, IDP League--Start 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 W/R/T, 2D, 1LB, 1DL, 1DB

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Bryce Young, Gardner Minshew
RB: Saquon Barkley, David Montgomery, D'Onta Foreman, AJ Dillon, Kenneth Gainwell, Jeff Wilson, Rico Dowdle, IR: JK Dobbins
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, Devonta Smith, Cooper Kupp, Diontae Johnson, Marquise Brown, Josh Palmer, Dontayvion Wicks, Tutu Atwell
TE: TJ Hockensen, Pat Freiermuth
K: Dustin Hopkins
LB: Roquan Smith, CJ Mosley, Terrel Bernard Ernest Jones, Quincy Williams
DL: Jonathan Greenard , Malcolm Koonce
DB: Jason Pinnock

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:13 pm

This is quickly becoming a charade. Jamaal Williams is nothing special. We don't know if Jones is a 3-down back but we do know he deserves the most snaps in that backfield. Every time this kid is in, he's a spark-plug. Rodgers used the media earlier in the week to show where his vote is going towards:

"When you bring 33 back on the field like we did last week, you kind of forget the type of dynamic abilities he can bring to a game with his running style, Rodgers said. "He's a different type of runner than we've had here in a while. You've gotta find ways to get him the ball."

McCarthy! Listen to the franchise QB!
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:47 am

I don't think the box score does Aaron Jones much justice from yesterday. Dude looks great. I dont know why they even bother with the other 2, but I bet they never change that

Duke Nuk’em
Starter
Starter

Postby Duke Nuk’em » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:50 pm

PurpleHaze wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:31 pm Aaron Jones looks better to me. He looks like a young Eddie Lacy out there.

Jamaal Williams kinda looks like "just a guy".

Can Aaron Jones overtake Jamaal Williams on the depth chart? If so, when?
When I look at them it looks like Eddie Lacy ate Aaron Jones. Also, they have a much different style than Lacy did.

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:01 am

I hate Mike McCarthy because he seems to hate Aaron Jones. Once again Jones showed he's the best back on that team yesterday. And yet, he was out-snapped by Williams and Montgomery.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:15 am

As a Packer fan Jones is clearly the better RB but for whatever reason McCarthy's incompetence will hamper his productivity.

I'd be weary of anyone in the GB backfield regardless, as it is a pure committee at this stage and for the foreseeable future. Jones also seems to always get hurt right when he is getting into a groove. Outside of Lacy for two seasons and Ryan Grant for 2.5 seasons, GB's run game w/Rodgers at the helm has been a joke.

McCarthy tends to give up on the run game very early on when the going gets tough (makes sense when you have Rodgers). Just not a suitable fantasy situation imo.
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:04 pm

Dirty Mike&the Boyz wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:15 am As a Packer fan Jones is clearly the better RB but for whatever reason McCarthy's incompetence will hamper his productivity.
https://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/stat ... 9197614080
McCarthy on Aaron Jones: Way the game goes and strength of the players on the football. He's dynamic with the ball in his hands. But there's more to the position than just running the football. We have diversity in our attack with three guys. All have excellent attributes

TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski