DeShaun Watson

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
himynameisdanny
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

DeShaun Watson

Postby himynameisdanny » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:56 am

I'm counting on either Paxton Lynch or DeShaun Watson winning their respective QB battles. I only have 2 starting QB's in a 2Qb league for team 1 in sig :shock: We already knew that Watson was a more dynamic player than Savage. Last night proved that as well. I'm not too high on Lynch, why can't he overcome a what was it? 7th rounder?

I like that Savage played the entire 1st quarter, that means he still has something to prove and may not have such a tight grip on the starting position. Watson looked good, very poised, but not stellar. Absolutely the QB with more intangibles.

Do you think Watson takes over the position by week 5?
10 Team 2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2Flex

QB: D.Brees, D.Watson, J.Garoppolo, C.Keenum, S.Bradford, T.Bridge, P.Lynch
RB: DJ, L.Fournette, D.Cook, A.Collins, L.Murray, J.White, C.Ivory, C.Carson, T.Rawls, T.Green,
WR: K.Allen, AJG, E.Sanders, R.Anderson, D.Moncrief, TJ. Jones, T.Gabriel, R. Lewis, T.Austin
TE: Gronk, G.Olsen, Ricky Seals-Jones
PK: J.Tucker
DEF: Denver

12 Team PPR 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE

QB: K.Cousins, D.Prescott, P.Rivers
RB: D.Murray, J.Mixon, D.Henry, T.Rawls, E.McGuire, Buck Allen
WR: L.Fitz, J.Landry, J.Edelman, D.Jackson, A.Thielen, C.Beasley, T.Williams, Z.Jones, D.Henderson, B.Perriman, J.Strong
TE: J.Witten, A.Shaheen, R.Gathers
PK: S.Gostkowski
Def: DEN, STL

Stevens61310
Role Player
Role Player

Re: DeShaun Watson

Postby Stevens61310 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:15 am

I know Denver traded up into the first to get Lynch. But I don't think Lynch is good--and I suspect he will never be the actual starter .

Watson not only will be starting by Week 5 --he will be starting Week 1. I have been saying this since the NFL draft

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:45 am

Im from Houston. Watson could very well be starting week 1.

Don't be surprised if week 3 of pre season, both savage AND Watson get time with starters.

Hell maybe week 2 he might play him with starters some to see, and week 3, start him over savage with the starters and see if he can keep up.

As a Houston fan, this is the most I've looked forward to pre season in a long time. What a battle.

himynameisdanny
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby himynameisdanny » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:22 am

Ryantacular wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:45 am Im from Houston. Watson could very well be starting week 1.

Don't be surprised if week 3 of pre season, both savage AND Watson get time with starters.

Hell maybe week 2 he might play him with starters some to see, and week 3, start him over savage with the starters and see if he can keep up.

As a Houston fan, this is the most I've looked forward to pre season in a long time. What a battle.
Good to hear! I like his chances it looks like he can certainly handle the transition to the NFL.
I hope Lynch wins the job too so I can trade him haha
10 Team 2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2Flex

QB: D.Brees, D.Watson, J.Garoppolo, C.Keenum, S.Bradford, T.Bridge, P.Lynch
RB: DJ, L.Fournette, D.Cook, A.Collins, L.Murray, J.White, C.Ivory, C.Carson, T.Rawls, T.Green,
WR: K.Allen, AJG, E.Sanders, R.Anderson, D.Moncrief, TJ. Jones, T.Gabriel, R. Lewis, T.Austin
TE: Gronk, G.Olsen, Ricky Seals-Jones
PK: J.Tucker
DEF: Denver

12 Team PPR 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE

QB: K.Cousins, D.Prescott, P.Rivers
RB: D.Murray, J.Mixon, D.Henry, T.Rawls, E.McGuire, Buck Allen
WR: L.Fitz, J.Landry, J.Edelman, D.Jackson, A.Thielen, C.Beasley, T.Williams, Z.Jones, D.Henderson, B.Perriman, J.Strong
TE: J.Witten, A.Shaheen, R.Gathers
PK: S.Gostkowski
Def: DEN, STL

senska11
Role Player
Role Player

Postby senska11 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:11 pm

Were you guys watching the same game I was last night? Watson looked terrible. He missed on pretty much every throw.
I would put money on Savage starting Week 1. From there, it will depend more on team performance than individual performance. I'd bet Savage is starting past Week 5 though.

As for Lynch, Denver brass really wants him to start, but he needs to keep the competition close. Siemien isn't good, so if Lynch can't beat him out that is a bad, bad sign. Of course, that would just prove again that Elway has been a really bad offensive talent evaluator who got bailed out by having Manning choose Denver.

Odds of starting Week 1:
Watson: 20%
Lynch: 55%

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:27 pm

Whether Watson takes over by week 5 will be completely based on Houston's record at that point. It's difficult to predict that right now, but I wouldn't bank on it. I do think he eventually takes over, but don't know when.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:09 pm

Week 4 or 5 latest. More than likely week 1 though.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:30 am

senska11 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:11 pm Were you guys watching the same game I was last night? Watson looked terrible. He missed on pretty much every throw.
I would put money on Savage starting Week 1. From there, it will depend more on team performance than individual performance. I'd bet Savage is starting past Week 5 though.

As for Lynch, Denver brass really wants him to start, but he needs to keep the competition close. Siemien isn't good, so if Lynch can't beat him out that is a bad, bad sign. Of course, that would just prove again that Elway has been a really bad offensive talent evaluator who got bailed out by having Manning choose Denver.
I watched both games and Watson sure as hell looked better than Lynch.....literally, Lynch only completed slants and would scramble. Obviously, a lot of preseason left but he was miserable yesterday.

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:39 am

senska11 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:11 pm Were you guys watching the same game I was last night? Watson looked terrible. He missed on pretty much every throw.

Odds of starting Week 1:

The missing of throws is because of nerves/ playing with the 2s/3s so the recievers were slower, etc. None of that is anything that doesn't look promising as being able to be corrected. We will see as time goes on. What I liked was his poise, and ability to keep a play alive, which we haven't had since... ever.

senska11
Role Player
Role Player

Postby senska11 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:47 am

Ryantacular wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:39 am

Odds of starting Week 1:

The missing of throws is because of nerves/ playing with the 2s/3s so the recievers were slower, etc. None of that is anything that doesn't look promising as being able to be corrected. We will see as time goes on. What I liked was his poise, and ability to keep a play alive, which we haven't had since... ever.
He's always had good pocket presence and he's always had poor accuracy. Has nothing to do with nerves or who he's practicing with. Has everything to do with mechanics, vision, and anticipation. The good news is those things are generally correctable. The bad news is it takes more than a couple weeks to correct them.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:38 am

Didn't look at the schedule but teams will usually transition to a new QB following the bye week if they plan to make a change.

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:17 pm

Ryantacular wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:45 am Im from Houston. Watson could very well be starting week 1.

I know you saw that TD! So glad we are starting Watson. As a Houston fan , this is great to watch. High hopes, still tempered expectations , but still hard not to be more optimistic than we have ever been with any other qb before.