Bilal Powell - value in future picks

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Bilal Powell - value in future picks

Postby Pet_Smith » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:42 am

What's Powell worth at current fair value, and is his value likely to increase or decrease once the season starts?

We have a 25 man squad (including IDP) and 6 taxi spots, but squad increases to 30 in the off season so I need to cut a few players at some point. Held Powell all through last year, thinking maybe it's time to sell though?
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Bilal Powell - value in future picks

Postby Ruggenater » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:13 am

I'd say he's probably worth a 2nd right now. If you believe he takes over the backfield this year, then he's still a hold for now. There's some question right now as to how big a role Forte will get.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:12 am

I think you'll have a hard time getting a 2nd for him now, but if you can, definitely sell. You'll probably have a better shot during the season if he's putting up numbers. I'm not a believer, so I'd sell either way...just think you might be able to get more later.

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:36 am

Thanks Goddard - I've actually had an offer of a second for him, which based on position is likely to be early.

Although I am currently trying to use him and 2018 1st to land Baldwin - I was after Hilton, but owner is loathe to part with him
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad

RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:41 am

Pet_Smith wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:36 am Thanks Goddard - I've actually had an offer of a second for him, which based on position is likely to be early.

Although I am currently trying to use him and 2018 1st to land Baldwin - I was after Hilton, but owner is loathe to part with him
I'd take that 2nd before he retracts it. That's money in the bank. I can't believe anyone is willing to pay that much for an established career backup with zero upside.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:57 am

skip wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:41 am
Pet_Smith wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:36 am Thanks Goddard - I've actually had an offer of a second for him, which based on position is likely to be early.

I'd take that 2nd before he retracts it. That's money in the bank. I can't believe anyone is willing to pay that much for an established career backup with zero upside.
Gotta agree with this. Don't waste too much time trying to add to Powell to get something better. Most people won't really view him as an asset, but just a minor throw in. Take the 2nd and use that as a trade piece if you're looking to get a WR.

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:08 pm

Goddard wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:57 am

Gotta agree with this. Don't waste too much time trying to add to Powell to get something better. Most people won't really view him as an asset, but just a minor throw in. Take the 2nd and use that as a trade piece if you're looking to get a WR.
I think I now have two options on the table:
1/ 2018 2nd for Powell straight up
2/ Powell and 2018 1st for Baldwin.

I'm thinking I have to take Baldwin, right?

K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:46 pm

Pet_Smith wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:08 pm

That's a good price for Baldwin, as long as it's not going to be early (top 3 or so).

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:18 pm

Goddard wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:46 pm
Pet_Smith wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:08 pm

That's a good price for Baldwin, as long as it's not going to be early (top 3 or so).
x2. I would be thrilled to give that for Baldwin, assuming it isn't likely to be a top pick.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:01 pm

Done. It's unlikely to be a top 3 pick. Wasn't mine, but belonged to the pre season favourite for this year. Happy team

K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:40 am

Can you believe Powell has been a league winner the past two seasons? Can you believe he has clear RB2 potential this year and could be a league winner for 3 years in a row.
I guess drafting 2nd round studs like David Cobb and DeAndre Washington will be better for all fantasy teams trying to win now.

Value wise, a 2nd round pick is Powell value.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UnsafeAtAnySpd » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:06 am

I'd rather have Powell than a future second.