Which of these WRs will be top 24 in 2017?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Which will be a top 24 WR in 2017? (Select all that apply.)

Poll ended at Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:53 am

Allen Robinson
38%
Demaryius Thomas
32%
Larry Fitzgerald
15%
Willie Snead
15%

Total votes: 104

SteelCitizen
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Which of these WRs will be top 24 in 2017?

Postby SteelCitizen » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:53 am

Before you read any further, you should know that this post is not particularly informative or controversial. I am just board, and looking to talk FF with anyone interested.

Looking over my team the other day, I came to the realization that I expect all 4 of my starting WRs to be top 24 (w/PPR) at the position. My reasoning:

Allen Robinson - Last year he finished at WR#25. I am of the opinion that 2016 Bortles hampered ARob. Bortles has been spending a lot of time with QB coaches, and if he is even half-way back to 2015 efficiency, I know it will help ARob jump back into the top 24 WRs.

Demaryius Thomas - Was WR#17 last year, and no one really expects a decline. On the contrary, reports are that DT is working hard to make last year's 90 receptions and 1,000 yds look like a down year. I expect him to be in the WR#10-15 range.

Larry Fitzgerald - This is one where many are expecting regression. He was WR#11 last year. Though the last couple years he has had at least 105 rec/1,000 yds/6 TDs, I don't expect this to continue. Barring a Palmer injury, I see 90 rec/900 yds/5 TDs as his likely production, putting him at WR#22.

Willie Snead - He was WR#34 last year, so why do I think he will be top 24 this year? I will reference a statistic Rotoworld loves to use: In games where Snead played 70+ % of the Saints' snaps last season, he averaged 6.4 catches, and 81.1 yards. These numbers over a season would put him at WR#13, and that does not even take into account his high red zone efficiency and certain increased number of looks he will get in the red zone.

Since the above meantioned league is a 24-teamer, this means all of my WRs could be 'WR1s.' Agree or Disagree?
24 Team/40 players/PPR/.33PPC/IDP(big play)
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FLEX/K/3DL/3LB/4DL

QB: Brees, Kizer, D. Webb, Rudock
RB: Mixon, Chubb, D. Murray, Powell, Ivory, Yeldon, D. Washington, I. Smith
WR: Fitz, D. Thomas, ARob, Fuller, Godwin, Westbrook, Snead, Carroo
TE: Ertz, Watson, Butt
K: McManus
DL: Mack, Jordan, M. Edwards, D. Lowry
LB: A. Williamson, V. Williams, D. Riley, M. Jefferson, Shazier
DB: Jenkins, TJ McDonald, Gathers, Berry, Farley, TJ Ward

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Which of these WRs will be top 24 in 2017?

Postby Goddard » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:31 am

Arob and DT are the obvious ones. Fitz should still be able to put up WR2 numbers, but wouldn't be surprised if there was some regression from last year. Snead should see a boost in his number and I'd put him right around that top 24, give or take a couple spots.