Blount??

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
dizzler
Role Player
Role Player

Blount??

Postby dizzler » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:13 pm

Why is everyone undervaluing Legarette Blount so much?
I have him in one of my dynasty leagues and everyone is trying to get him from me, yet they offer me dirt. Am i crazy or am I not the only one that thinks Blount can potentially produce the same numbers as last year? Improved offensive line and yet all he needs to do is run in the redzone... again. Plus they want to use him as a pass option, if he can improve his catching and they utilize it, his fantasy production will sky rocket!

I understand his age and everything is an issue for a dynasty aspect but he's easily one of my top RB2 candidates this year.

..the more I type this out the more I begin to think I sound crazy but I still believe he is another player being way undervalued...lol

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Blount??

Postby skip » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:20 pm

He won't produce like he did last season. However, he will have a very strong year and I'm valuing him much higher than Lynch.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

joker4
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby joker4 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:11 pm

A bunch of people are probably seeing him on buy low articles and thus trying to buy low on him. I feel like every time I see a few buy low articles on my guys I get a bunch of shitty offers
16 team .5 PPR

1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 FLEX

QB-Jared Goff Tom Savage, Jay Cutler, Jimmy Garoppolo
RB-Ezekiel Elliot, Jeremy McNichols Elijah McGuire, Matt Breida
WR-Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins Corey Coleman, Donte Moncreif Braxton Miller, Marquis Lee, Calvin Johnson
TE-David Njoku Vance McDonald, Bucky Hodges, Dwayne Allen, Jared Cook, Adam Shaheen, Eric Swoope

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:12 pm

Might as well hold him if you're not getting any decent offers, but I also wouldn't expect the same production from last year.

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:12 am

Goddard wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:12 pm Might as well hold him if you're not getting any decent offers, but I also wouldn't expect the same production from last year.
You can't guarantee much if anything in FF, but this is as close as you can get.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:13 am

I agree, if you snagged him or have him may as well hold on this guy and ride him to the end. If you don't compete consider a move later to a contender possibly. I think his shelf life is short after next year.

mratlanta
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mratlanta » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:42 am

He's a JAG who was just in the right system at the right time. If you can sell him for a 3rd be very happy.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Mahomes, Cam, Tannehill
RB: LeVeon, Jordan Howard, Latavius, Bryce Love, Ty Johnson
WR: OBJ, Antonio Brown, Corey Davis, Robby Anderson, Anthony Miller, Arcega-Whiteside,
Diontae Johnson, Hakeem Butler, DJ Chark, Darius Slayton
TE: OJ Howard, Evan Engram, Gerald Everett
K: Zuerlein
DEF: KC

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:55 am

I don't see any way he sees 300 touches and 18TDs again, but I am with you that he is a solid RB2 who is being undervalued. I would bet he puts up better numbers than Lynch and Lacy this year, and I have seen Lynch drafted in the late 1st a couple times, and Lacy going for similar value.

As for him being a JAG, I think he is a fairly talented runner, just not very versatile. He is just a 2 down back, but he has produced well every time he has been featured as the 2 down back, both at Oregon and in the NFL. He went to a team with no other back over 208 lbs and is losing 170 carries to Ryan Mathews in basically 11 games. I don't see much threatening his role in Philly. I will buy for a 3rd all day.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:32 am

jtd1387 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:55 am I don't see any way he sees 300 touches and 18TDs again, but I am with you that he is a solid RB2 who is being undervalued. I would bet he puts up better numbers than Lynch and Lacy this year, and I have seen Lynch drafted in the late 1st a couple times, and Lacy going for similar value.

As for him being a JAG, I think he is a fairly talented runner, just not very versatile. He is just a 2 down back, but he has produced well every time he has been featured as the 2 down back, both at Oregon and in the NFL. He went to a team with no other back over 208 lbs and is losing 170 carries to Ryan Mathews in basically 11 games. I don't see much threatening his role in Philly. I will buy for a 3rd all day.
I'd buy for a 2nd and a 3rd, unless it's a 2017 early 2nd. 2018 2nd, sold. Give me Blount

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:52 am

I bought him And Charles for a 3rd and one of my droppable WR's. I won't be surprised if after week 6 people will pay a 2nd to plug injuries and save their contention.
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:54 pm

Valhalla wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:32 am
jtd1387 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:55 am I don't see any way he sees 300 touches and 18TDs again, but I am with you that he is a solid RB2 who is being undervalued. I would bet he puts up better numbers than Lynch and Lacy this year, and I have seen Lynch drafted in the late 1st a couple times, and Lacy going for similar value.

I'd buy for a 2nd and a 3rd, unless it's a 2017 early 2nd. 2018 2nd, sold. Give me Blount
I am with you, I would pay a 2018 2nd and something else if I am competing. I just said 3rd in response to the guy saying sell for a 3rd and be happy.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...