Who's your Late-round Rookie Sleeper?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Who's your Late-round Rookie Sleeper?

Postby Defender » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:04 pm

There is a consensus top 6, and we can generally agree on who makes it in the next 10-20. But in a rookie class this deep and this talented, we must not forget about the late-round prospects.

So who is your late-round rookie sleeper?

I'll start with Dede Westbrook. He started his post-secondary education at Blinn Community College. Toward the end of his sophomore season in 2014, he transferred to Oklahoma. He started every game for the Sooners in 2015: 46 rec, 743 yds, 4 TDs. Now for the fun part. In 2016 he became Oklahoma's go-to WR. He led FBS in receptions of 20-plus yards (26) and 50-plus yards (7). Had 80 rec for 1524 yds despite nursing a hamstring injury during the first three games of the season. 0 TDs over those first 3 games, but 17 TDs over the next 10 games. Maxwell Award semifinalist, Paul Hornung Award finalist, Biletnikoff Award winner, and Heisman Trophey finalist. Selected at the end of the third round by Jacksonville despite off-field red-flags and questions about his small size holding up in the NFL.

Player Comparison:
Pro Football Focus makes the case that Westbrook has the same skill set as Marvin Harrison had when he entered the league.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft- ... -oklahoma/
A more realistic player comp: Brandon Cooks is his ceiling, but Justin Blackmon is his floor. (For anyone who laughs at the Cooks comparison, Cooks ran a 4.33 40 at the combine, then didn't run a 40 at his pro day because he didn't want to 'mess it up.' This tells me he thought he couldn't beat that time even with the lenient timing at pro days. Westbrook was not invited to the combine, but ran a 4.34 at his pro day. For size comparisons, see below.)

How can he reach his full potential?
1. Stop being a knucklehead. This is a tall order considering he had domestic violence charges in 2012 and 2013 (both later dropped) and was kicked out of an interview during the combine.
2. Dive into a weight program. Westbrook is 6' and 176 lbs. (Cooks is 5'10", 189 lbs.) This means Westbrook is very thin, but he has a bigger frame than Cooks.
3. Blake Bortles please don't suck anymore.

So who is your late-round rookie sleeper?
The standard is the standard.

joker4
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Who's your Late-round Rookie Sleeper?

Postby joker4 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:26 pm

I liked Dede a lot up until the year ended and he was still showing some immaturity. Boy are his highlights fun to watch though. My personal sleeper for this year's draft though is Dupre. I don't necessarily think he will be a stud but I think in a couple of years he could be a decent to good WR3 which is a good return for what you have to pay got him
16 team .5 PPR

1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 FLEX

QB-Jared Goff Tom Savage, Jay Cutler, Jimmy Garoppolo
RB-Ezekiel Elliot, Jeremy McNichols Elijah McGuire, Matt Breida
WR-Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins Corey Coleman, Donte Moncreif Braxton Miller, Marquis Lee, Calvin Johnson
TE-David Njoku Vance McDonald, Bucky Hodges, Dwayne Allen, Jared Cook, Adam Shaheen, Eric Swoope

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:42 am

Seeing as Godwin is going in the 3rd in a lot of drafts recently, I'll go ahead and pick him.

Butt would be my pick for TEs.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:21 pm

Goddard wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:42 am Seeing as Godwin is going in the 3rd in a lot of drafts recently, I'll go ahead and pick him.

Godwin in the third is a steal. I feel like if he and Corey Davis switched leaning spots, Godwin would be a consensus top 10 pick. The difference is that he may have to wait a year or so to crack the starting line up, and he won't have to face to opposing team's #1 CB (although now the same can be said of Davis since the Decker singing).

Good call on Butt.
The standard is the standard.

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:31 am

Goddard wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:42 am Seeing as Godwin is going in the 3rd in a lot of drafts recently, I'll go ahead and pick him.

Godwin's rookie ADP is #19 overall. He's no late round sleeper.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:58 am

Sterling Archer wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:31 am

Godwin's rookie ADP is #19 overall. He's no late round sleeper.
Go look at some recent drafts that are being posted in the team advice section. I'm constantly seeing him go in the 3rd.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:07 pm

matt breida. off the charts sparq and the 49ers drafted based off sparq score (signed him udfa, drafted Williams, drafted kittle all super high sparq) so hes got a shot. he signed immediately after the draft and they aren't high on hyde. Last rookie udfa I took a flyer on was crowell and he is panning out nicely now
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Unicorn92
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Unicorn92 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:18 pm

Yeah i like a lot dede westbrook. It is exceptional because generally i do not draft those scrumbag but i saw him play last year and was really.impressed. That said i would never draft him in the third round rookie pick like i already saw it.
I was lucky to grab him in my league with the 6.03 in a 7th rookie draft (idp). At this price the risk is very low
I play in an idp dynasty keeper league 10 teams with 1 qb start in a ppr league 2 en 2 wr 1te 1 flex. This is a roster of 35 players and a ts of 5 players in mfl and this is a ppr league

Roster

QB: D. Jones, B. Mayfield
RB: S.Barkley, M.Breida, T. Cohen D.Johnson, J. Williams, B. Scarborough
WR: B.Cooks, C.Goodwin, K. Allen, T.Lockett, C. Kirk, M. Williams, D. Westbrook, A. Miller
TE: C. Herndon, R. Griffin, I. Thomas
K C.Boswell
DL M. Davenport, F. Clark, S. Hubbard,
LB M. D. Jones, L. Vander Esch, R. Evans, M. Milano, H. Landry, J. Baker
DB: B.Baker, J. Bates, J. Peppers

Practice squad: P. Williams, T. Rapp, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, B. Cashman

Dyno_7
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dyno_7 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:16 pm

Speaking of scumbags... Ishmael Zamora could be a guy to keep an eye on. Good size, talented and could be groomed to replace Crabtree in a year or so. Not sure he needs to be rostered in 10-12 team leagues, but deeper leagues he could be worth a stash.
TEAMS 1&2: 10tm. Non-PPR +IDP.
Starters: 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1K-2DL-1EDR-3LB-3DB

TEAM 1:
QB: C.Wentz, P.Rivers, J.Rosen, L.Jackson.
RB: J.Mixon, L.Fournette, J.Howard, D.Williams
WR: O.BeckhamJr, M.Thomas, S.Diggs, J.Smith-Schuster, S.Watkins, C.Godwin, C.Sutton.
TE: Z.Ertz, M.Gesicki, G.Kittle.
DL: D.Hunter, D.Barnett, C.Jones.
EDR: H.Landry.
LB: M.Jack, Z.Cunningham, A.Williamson, L.Vander Esch, C.Littleton.
DB: R.Jones, B.McDougald, S.Williams.

TEAM 2:
QB: D.Watson.
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, C.Hyde, N.Chubb, A.Jones.
WR: A.Cooper, M.Thomas, J.Smith-Schuster, J.Gordon, M.Williams, K.Golladay, C.Godwin, C.Kirk.
TE: E.Engram, D.Njoku, D.Goedert.
DL: K.Mack, D.Hunter, D.Ware
EDR: V.Miller
LB: T.Smith, M.Jack, D.Jones, Z.Cunningham, T.Edmunds, L.Vander Esch.
DB: B.Baker, D.James, C.Geathers.

dizzler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dizzler » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:20 pm

ROSSCO7777 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:07 pm matt breida. off the charts sparq and the 49ers drafted based off sparq score (signed him udfa, drafted Williams, drafted kittle all super high sparq) so hes got a shot. he signed immediately after the draft and they aren't high on hyde. Last rookie udfa I took a flyer on was crowell and he is panning out nicely now
This is interesting, although he has a high ladder to climb to get touches. I will definitely be watching out for this guy come preseason though :thumbup:
Team 1 - Super Kamario Bros (12 Team - PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -1, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB -Wentz, Newton, Ryan, Haskins (R)
RB -Zeke, Kamara, Drake, Ballage; Thompson, Ajayi
WR - D Hopkins, Julio, A. Miller, Coutee, AJ Brown (R) , Marvin Jones, Mclaurin (R),
Te -Delanie, Ebron, Oliver (R)
2020:3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Kerryon Luggage (12 Team - 2TE PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -2, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB - Jimmy G, Josh Allen, Mariota
RB - Kerryon, Jamaal Will, Drake, Ballage, Miles Sanders (R), Justice Hill (R), Myles Gaskins (R)
Wr - Micheal Thomas, Zay Jones, Curtis Samuel, Crowder, Coutee, Aj Brown (R), Marquise Brown (R), Keesean Johnson (R), Kelvin Harmon (R)
Te- Engram, Oj Howard, Josh Oliver (R)
2020: 3,3,3, 5

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:01 pm

dizzler wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:20 pm
ROSSCO7777 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:07 pm matt breida. off the charts sparq and the 49ers drafted based off sparq score (signed him udfa, drafted Williams, drafted kittle all super high sparq) so hes got a shot. he signed immediately after the draft and they aren't high on hyde. Last rookie udfa I took a flyer on was crowell and he is panning out nicely now
This is interesting, although he has a high ladder to climb to get touches. I will definitely be watching out for this guy come preseason though :thumbup:
he is already getting glowing reports. I will be taking him in my drafts as my last pick likely. I see it like crowell who was highly talented but went undrafted and now he's a feature back
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp