Tevin Coleman vs Ameer Abdullah

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Re: Tevin Coleman vs Ameer Abdullah

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:01 pm

Goddard wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:23 am
joeya2001 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:12 am I not here to say you are wrong, just for a nice at work friendly debate. :thumbup:

Yes, Coleman did produce very well last year, but I want to say that had a lot to do with being on a historic 2016 falcons scoring the 7th most points in history.

That would tell me you believe, even with a new OC, that the falcon will produce the same kind of offense?

I don't see that happening again.. in one game last year both Freeman and Coleman scored 3 tds each!!! that's unheard of.

I don't see much of a committee since the lions decided not to draft a RB, and beef up the O-line.

I don't envision that Detroit would see Theo as the future, more so Abdullah since hes only 23 and showing the same burst he did when he was a rookie.

This is the second going the Lions are trying with a back like this, Think Javid best a few years ago.

Since The falcons are gona give Freeman a extension, think they are gona give one to Coleman in the future?
I think not.

This is why I see Abdullah having the better long term value.
Definitely enjoy a friendly debate. I can see your arguments and you make some solid points. But my expectations from Coleman isn't for this year (I was just pointing out that he was able to produce even in a timeshare), but once he goes to a new team. If Freeman is signed to an extension like you say and Coleman walks, he can easily be the #1 on another team and be a solid RB1/2. I just think based on pure talent, Coleman is ahead of Abdullah.
Not saying it won't play out like you say, but this reminds me a lot of the DeAngelo Williams/ Jonathan Stewart line of thinking when they were both had expiring contracts coming up. Stewie owners were drooling over when Williams left. Then he signed a big contract to stay in Carolina. Then owners of both players were drooling over when Stewart left. Then he signed a big contract to stay in Carolina.

It has no bearing on what will happen in Atlanta, but I just noticed the parallels.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:08 am

jtd1387 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:01 pm
Goddard wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:23 am
joeya2001 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:12 am I not here to say you are wrong, just for a nice at work friendly debate. :thumbup:

Yes, Coleman did produce very well last year, but I want to say that had a lot to do with being on a historic 2016 falcons scoring the 7th most points in history.

That would tell me you believe, even with a new OC, that the falcon will produce the same kind of offense?

I don't see that happening again.. in one game last year both Freeman and Coleman scored 3 tds each!!! that's unheard of.

I don't see much of a committee since the lions decided not to draft a RB, and beef up the O-line.

I don't envision that Detroit would see Theo as the future, more so Abdullah since hes only 23 and showing the same burst he did when he was a rookie.

This is the second going the Lions are trying with a back like this, Think Javid best a few years ago.

Since The falcons are gona give Freeman a extension, think they are gona give one to Coleman in the future?
I think not.

This is why I see Abdullah having the better long term value.
Definitely enjoy a friendly debate. I can see your arguments and you make some solid points. But my expectations from Coleman isn't for this year (I was just pointing out that he was able to produce even in a timeshare), but once he goes to a new team. If Freeman is signed to an extension like you say and Coleman walks, he can easily be the #1 on another team and be a solid RB1/2. I just think based on pure talent, Coleman is ahead of Abdullah.
Not saying it won't play out like you say, but this reminds me a lot of the DeAngelo Williams/ Jonathan Stewart line of thinking when they were both had expiring contracts coming up. Stewie owners were drooling over when Williams left. Then he signed a big contract to stay in Carolina. Then owners of both players were drooling over when Stewart left. Then he signed a big contract to stay in Carolina.

It has no bearing on what will happen in Atlanta, but I just noticed the parallels.
Ahhh I didn't even notice that until you pointed that out. That is a pretty good point to consider, a lot of people will say DF/TC>DW/JS talent wise. But I could see the Falcons doing something like this just to keep that high powered offense in tact.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:15 am

deagsdan wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:07 pm I don't think the brass in ATL is in love w Freeman enough to give him the contract he wants and deserves. Which is unfortunate but puts coleman in a great situation. Coleman is already a back end rb 2 and if he ever does get that number 1 role he has more of a likelihood to be an RB1 imo.
I can see them giving Freeman the contract he wants, its n the works, I don't agree that the brass aren't in love with him, that's what ppl were saying last year when Coleman came back that freeman wouldn't be the #1 in Atlanta again when in fact he was.

as much sense at this makes, I believe he is a back end #2 atm because he's is able to be kept fresh to come in because of freeman, I believe they both help each other out, I don't know if either could be a workhorse. Didn't freeman die out 2 years ago when he became the only game in town, from week from week 9 on he was pretty below average, and only helped owners in PPR leagues.

WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:20 am

It's definitely possible, but my only problem is I'm not sold on Abdullah ever being a workhorse or RB1. I'm sure even during the DeAngelo/Stewart days, it was better to own Stewart then some other RB that never did a whole lot. I'll take my chances with Coleman, even if he and Freeman both stay in Atlanta.

I guess my argument between the two isn't that Coleman will ever be a stud, but more so that I don't see Abdullah being anything more than a flex play. I'll take the upside of Coleman between the two.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:41 am

Goddard wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:20 am

It's definitely possible, but my only problem is I'm not sold on Abdullah ever being a workhorse or RB1. I'm sure even during the DeAngelo/Stewart days, it was better to own Stewart then some other RB that never did a whole lot. I'll take my chances with Coleman, even if he and Freeman both stay in Atlanta.

I guess my argument between the two isn't that Coleman will ever be a stud, but more so that I don't see Abdullah being anything more than a flex play. I'll take the upside of Coleman between the two.

I cant wait for the season to start to touch back on this ^_^

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:14 am

joeya2001 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:41 am

Should be fun to see how things play out. I'll be the first to say I was wrong if Abdullah does well.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:44 am

Goddard wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:14 am
joeya2001 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:41 am

Should be fun to see how things play out. I'll be the first to say I was wrong if Abdullah does well.
Ditto

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:24 pm

Ill take the upside shot on Abdullah - chance to be the "lead guy" in Det. Coleman last year felt dependent on TDs. IF Abdullah can stay healthy, I would expect him to see more consistent rushing and receiving touches.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:38 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:08 am Ahhh I didn't even notice that until you pointed that out. That is a pretty good point to consider, a lot of people will say DF/TC>DW/JS talent wise. But I could see the Falcons doing something like this just to keep that high powered offense in tact.
Man, I would strongly disagree with this. DAW could have been a HOF player if he he had the backfield to himself, and Stewart was a really top-notch prospect who was hampered by injuries a decent amount. I would say, DW>DF>JS>TC, but I am or was a fan of all 4 guys.

Anyway, I hope it doesn't happen. From a football perspective, I think we were robbed of potential greatness because of the Panthers pairing them up through their prime.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:30 am

This isn't even close for me. Abdullah by a country mile.

I know people like Coleman's straight line speed, but Abdullah has the metric that matter for RB - that agility score. Hell, even with his underwhelming combine 40, he still crushed the SPARQ score. But that's really a minor point - if you read scouts takes on these guys it becomes clear that Coleman lacks the vision and patience to be a 3 down back. He'll always be a complementary piece. He does well in space due to his speed, but so does Abdullah. But Abdullah is better between the tackles.

Finally, anyone who says Abdullah is made of glass needs to be b**** slapped. He's literally had one missed time injury in 4 years of college and 2 years in the NFL. ONE. But I love the ignorance. I'm going to get him cheap in redrafts this year due to this.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:23 am

Sterling Archer wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:30 am This isn't even close for me. Abdullah by a country mile.

I know people like Coleman's straight line speed, but Abdullah has the metric that matter for RB - that agility score. Hell, even with his underwhelming combine 40, he still crushed the SPARQ score. But that's really a minor point - if you read scouts takes on these guys it becomes clear that Coleman lacks the vision and patience to be a 3 down back. He'll always be a complementary piece. He does well in space due to his speed, but so does Abdullah. But Abdullah is better between the tackles.

Finally, anyone who says Abdullah is made of glass needs to be b**** slapped. He's literally had one missed time injury in 4 years of college and 2 years in the NFL. ONE. But I love the ignorance. I'm going to get him cheap in redrafts this year due to this.
Im with you on this buddy, I was able to acquire Abdullah last year at the deadline, so happy with it.

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:27 pm

Easily Abdullah for me, in terms of both this year and for the future. Abdullah beats Coleman both in terms of talent and situation. Coleman has looked great in the friendliest possible situation for a RB in a Shannahan offense. Abdullah not only has looked explosive whenever he's played in the NFL but as a college prospect he was on a different level than Coleman. Then you factor in that Coleman is stuck with Freeman who looks like he'll sign an extension this year while Abdullah is only competing with a limited 3rd down back. Abdullah gets knocked for his size but he's actually larger than Coleman: Coleman is 205 at 6'1 while Abdullah is only two pounds less at 5'9.

I don't really understand why Coleman goes so high in startup leagues. His TD numbers from last year scream regression. I like the player but his 5th round ADP is extreme.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:18 am

Both are doing pretty good this year

2020 3rd place Year 1
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:05 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:18 am Both are doing pretty good this year
Agree, so far so good for both. It's nice to see that Coleman's able to play well even when he's not scoring TDs at the crazy rate he did last year.