Mike Williams

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Re: Mike Williams

Postby jimmychoi » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:40 pm

His back combined with his previous neck injury definitely has me concerned. I'm not sure he's my 1.6 anymore.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:38 am

I have the 1.07 in my draft next weekend and I'm 90% sure I'll trade out of that spot if Mike falls to 1.07 because someone will still see him as a value at that spot and I can pick up more draft picks in the second round or 2018 draft.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:10 pm

It seems like the report yesterday is being overblown. A few weeks ago, we heard that surgery was on the table. Then Schefter says MW "might" need season ending surgery. Then Rappaport refutes that and says it was discussed 3-4 weeks earlier (like previous reports had already said) but is no longer being considered.

I don't have any MW shares yet, but unless we hear something else in the next 2 weeks I will be taking him with my 1.06 in the one remaining rookie draft I have. Maybe I will get burned, but I think people are overreacting to information in July because there just aren't many noteworthy blurbs, and maybe a lot of people have Doctson and White fresh in their memories.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

J Stone
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby J Stone » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:51 am

I'm having a very hard time deciding whether or not to draft Mike Williams . I am on the clock right now to pick, and he has fallen to me at the 1.09. I am weak at WR, but am considering drafting Hunt instead. I have been burned by White and Doctson in the past, so that definitely adds to my apprehension on drafting Williams.

My WR's are Nuk, A Rob, Moncrief, Kevin White, C Patt, Kenny Stills and Mike Wallace.
My RB's are Zeke, Gurley, Hyde, Prosise and Latavius Murray

I have been offered late 2018 1st from 2 different managers, but don't want to wait for next year to draft. Can't seem to get anyone to up their offers.

Any suggestions?

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:31 pm

J Stone wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:51 am I'm having a very hard time deciding whether or not to draft Mike Williams . I am on the clock right now to pick, and he has fallen to me at the 1.09. I am weak at WR, but am considering drafting Hunt instead. I have been burned by White and Doctson in the past, so that definitely adds to my apprehension on drafting Williams.

My WR's are Nuk, A Rob, Moncrief, Kevin White, C Patt, Kenny Stills and Mike Wallace.

I have been offered late 2018 1st from 2 different managers, but don't want to wait for next year to draft. Can't seem to get anyone to up their offers.

Any suggestions?
Williams is still in my top 6. His injury may not require surgery at all. He's still a great prospect. Don't let the past cloud your judgement for today. I'd take him even more easily with your team having Zeke and Gurley and others at RB and not much behind Nuk and ARob at WR.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

J Stone
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby J Stone » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:56 pm

Kramer wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:31 pm
J Stone wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:51 am I'm having a very hard time deciding whether or not to draft Mike Williams . I am on the clock right now to pick, and he has fallen to me at the 1.09. I am weak at WR, but am considering drafting Hunt instead. I have been burned by White and Doctson in the past, so that definitely adds to my apprehension on drafting Williams.

Any suggestions?
Williams is still in my top 6. His injury may not require surgery at all. He's still a great prospect. Don't let the past cloud your judgement for today. I'd take him even more easily with your team having Zeke and Gurley and others at RB and not much behind Nuk and ARob at WR.
Thanks, I was leaning towards Williams, especially with the depth of RBs in this years class. I ended up drafting him and putting him on my Taxi Squad until his injury heals.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:02 pm

J Stone wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:56 pm

Thanks, I was leaning towards Williams, especially with the depth of RBs in this years class. I ended up drafting him and putting him on my Taxi Squad until his injury heals.
1.09 for him is a great deal. I wouldn't mind that at all.