Matt Breida

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
joshuawrobbins
Starter
Starter

Matt Breida

Postby joshuawrobbins » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:49 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on this kid? I know he's an UDFA but I've been hearing some positive news out of OTAs. People are saying he's impressed more than fourth round selection Joe Williams. He's an athletic freak albeit on the smaller side; he's listed at 5'11 195. Anyone think he makes the 53 man roster and pushes for early playing time behind Carlos Hyde?

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Matt Breida

Postby remedy29 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:55 am

Yes, I think he does, makes the roster and gets playing time.

jp67
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jp67 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:21 am

He is Hyde's backup pick him up.

I just traded hem for M Bennet because I needed a TE but planned on keeping him
12 Team Superflex
QB: Winston Flacco Kizer Peterman Rosen Tannehill
RB: Cook Conner Foreman Fournette Burkhead Yeldon Austin Grant Roc Thomas
WR: A Brown Coleman Funchess Enunwa Gallup Richardson
TE: Njouku Everett ASJ

12 Team
QB: Luck Mahommes
RB: Barkley Booker Conner Grant Duke Kerryon Alf AP Sproles Roc Thomas
WR:Berrios Carroo Enunwa Gallup Kirk Moncreif ROgers Tre'quan Sutton J Washington Chad &Tyrlel Williams
TE: Anderson Doyle Ebron Engram Hooper
2019-Two Firsts--Four Seconds

12 Team 1QB 2RB 3WR 2FX 1D 1K
QB: Cam Bradford Rosen
RB: Bell Guice Mack Buck Alllen Burkhead K. Johnson Abdullah Conner Walton
WR: Baldwin OBJ Golladay Alshon Funchess Kearse J Matt M Thomas K White K Cole Allen Hurns J Watson
TE: Gronk Anderson McDonald
D: Bengals

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:53 pm

Looks like he won the backup job. They didn't even play him last night in the final preseason game, which is a good sign. He's worth a pickup, but I still expect Williams passing him at some point during the season, or at least a timeshare if Hyde missed time.

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:58 pm

Tim Hightower released and Joe Williams IR stashed with an ankle ding. Carlos Hyde like 1% chance of re-signing. Matt Breida breakout party coming soon. Choo-Choo motherf*cker.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:48 am

Jason wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:58 pm Tim Hightower released and Joe Williams IR stashed with an ankle ding. Carlos Hyde like 1% chance of re-signing. Matt Breida breakout party coming soon. Choo-Choo motherf*cker.
Why do you say 1% chance Hyde resigns? He seems like a talented RB and he has had a good preseason.
Does Joe Williams retain any value in 2018? Matt Breida seems more of a rotational back given his size.

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:38 am

Just picked him up. Hoping I can get some injuries so my RB depth will show me what they can do.

Man that sounds worse than I thought it would.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:24 pm

remedy29 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:48 am
Jason wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:58 pm Tim Hightower released and Joe Williams IR stashed with an ankle ding. Carlos Hyde like 1% chance of re-signing. Matt Breida breakout party coming soon. Choo-Choo motherf*cker.
Why do you say 1% chance Hyde resigns? He seems like a talented RB and he has had a good preseason.
Does Joe Williams retain any value in 2018? Matt Breida seems more of a rotational back given his size.
Of course he's talented, but every indication all offseason was the coaches aren't impressed with him and don't see him as a fit for their system. They've made no effort to do an extension and if you're Hyde, why would you wanna come back next year? The new regime wants their own guys, you're seeing it all over the league, Buffalo a prime example.

Matt Breida's pro day stats were extremely good. 42 inch verticle, 23 bench press reps, 4.37 40 time, 11ft 2in broad jump. I'm sure they'll have him in the weight room bulking up. His numbers in his sophomore and junior seasons were crazy, 3094 yards on 374 carries for 8.27 yards per carry. He's been the talk of training camp in Santa Clara.

I was being a bit hopeful with the breakout party talk but I think he's oozing with upside.

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:30 pm

Jason wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:24 pm
Of course he's talented, but every indication all offseason was the coaches aren't impressed with him and don't see him as a fit for their system. They've made no effort to do an extension and if you're Hyde, why would you wanna come back next year? The new regime wants their own guys, you're seeing it all over the league, Buffalo a prime example.

Matt Breida's pro day stats were extremely good. 42 inch verticle, 23 bench press reps, 4.37 40 time, 11ft 2in broad jump. I'm sure they'll have him in the weight room bulking up. His numbers in his sophomore and junior seasons were crazy, 3094 yards on 374 carries for 8.27 yards per carry. He's been the talk of training camp in Santa Clara.

I was being a bit hopeful with the breakout party talk but I think he's oozing with upside.
This is all pure conjecture and not likely at all correct. First - you cannot predict whether Hyde will re-sign. The job is his. If he excels and the offense flows with him, they'll re-sign him as he is still young. Second - you can't use the "all offseason" signs indicated argument any longer. That's the same nonsense spouted by the Joe Williams contingent when he was being coronated. Didn't all indications point to him? Haha.

I agree that Brenda could have a decent role especially if the Shanahan offense in Atlanta translates to SF. But Hyde is the superior talent, just as he always was with Joe Williams.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:37 pm

cvbuc wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:30 pm

This is all pure conjecture and not likely at all correct. First - you cannot predict whether Hyde will re-sign. The job is his. If he excels and the offense flows with him, they'll re-sign him as he is still young. Second - you can't use the "all offseason" signs indicated argument any longer. That's the same nonsense spouted by the Joe Williams contingent when he was being coronated. Didn't all indications point to him? Haha.

I agree that Brenda could have a decent role especially if the Shanahan offense in Atlanta translates to SF. But Hyde is the superior talent, just as he always was with Joe Williams.

TheFnkTwnSnB
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby TheFnkTwnSnB » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:19 am

Jason wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:37 pm
cvbuc wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:30 pm

Shout out to Jason for biding his time....waiting thru the 1st SIX. DAMN. WEEKS of the season for the perfect time to revive a thread bring up an old comment and throw a little shade. I had to take a moment to appeciate it. Take a bow man! :clap:
Team 1
12 Team Standard 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex K DST
Luck/Watson
Mixon/Anderson/Mack/Gillislee/Gallman/Ekeler
OBJ/Hopkins/Coop/Jordy/Marvin Jones/Coleman/Corey Davis/Mike Will/Gentry/Westbrook (IR)
Fleener/Howard/Smith/Derby/Gathers(IR)/Butt
2018 1st, 3rd
Team 2- "The Dumpster Fire", Orphan, 1st Year into Rebuild
12 Team Standard QB 2RB 2WR Flex K DST
Dak/Palmer/Garropolo
Gordon/Murray/Coleman/Henry/Lynch/Woodhead/Forte/McNichols/Jonathan Williams
Torrey/Anderson/Benjamin/Crowder/Fowler/Ginn/Lewis/Louis
Walker/Clay/Graham/Allen
All Picks