any williams truthers?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
tyson
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

any williams truthers?

Postby tyson » Sat May 27, 2017 7:58 pm

Just looking to get some feedback here. Love me some corey davis, and I had them very close pre-draft, but honestly im partial to big body receivers who fit the wr1 prototype. hes not slow, has great hands, high points and will always be a td threat. to me, the type of receiver who is open even when he is not 'open'. felt like the dynasty community had him and davis ranked close before the draft, and then davis became near #1 pick consensus while williams is almost consensus #6. i feel like he comes in ahead of tyrell and behind keenan, but long term he could be the #1 receiver on a pass heavy O in LA. Davis is the #1 target in ten, but how great is that for fantasy? Heavy run game, mobile quarterback, he'll get the targets and be a threat to take it to the house but i feel his ceiling could be limited there. not sure i would take williams over davis just because of current value, but taking davis and trading him for williams and a piece seems like a solid move. i have pick 2 and 3 for team 2 in sig
Chicago Fire
10-Team PPR IDP
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1 Def Flex
QB: Brees, Wentz, Baker, Hurts
RB: Barkley, Damien Harris, Sony Michel, Malcolm Brown, Damien Williams, Boston Scott, Darwin, Bryce Love
WR: Evans, Allen Robinson, Lamb, Sutton, Hilton, Boyd, Anthony Miller, JJAW
TE: Ertz, Higbee
DL: Chase Young, Donald, Watt, Ingram,
LB: Devin Bush, Blake Martinez, TJ Watt
DB: Mathieu, Mike Hilton
Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd

Tijuana Tidal Wave
10-Team PPR IDP
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1 Def Flex
QB: Josh Allen, Brees, Roethlisberger, Tua, Hurts
RB: Zeke, Mixon, Henry, DJ, Latavius, Cohen, Jamaal Williams, Justin Jackson, Boston Scott, Eno Benjamin
WR: Julio, Evans, JuJu, Sutton, Mike Williams, Anthony Miller
TE: Higbee, Gronk
DL: Demarcus Lawrence, Josh Allen, Aldon Smith, Akiem Hicks
LB: Joe Schobert, Jamie Collins, LVE, Nate Gerry, Joe Thomas
DB: Tyrann Mathieu, Marlon Humphrey
Picks: 2nd, 4th

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: any williams truthers?

Postby onetwothree » Sat May 27, 2017 8:03 pm

Won't Rivers likely be retiring by the time Williams is the #1 for the Chargers? Sounds like he still needs to work on his route running as he's not going to just outmuscle bigger, stronger, craftier CBs.

Titans haven't had a WR potentially as good as Davis. Mariota should continue to grow as a passer. Their offense will evolve as Mariota approaches his prime.

If you do believe in Williams though, drafting Davis and trading for Williams should net you a decent additional piece.

tyson
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby tyson » Sat May 27, 2017 8:11 pm

onetwothree wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 8:03 pm Won't Rivers likely be retiring by the time Williams is the #1 for the Chargers? Sounds like he still needs to work on his route running as he's not going to just outmuscle bigger, stronger, craftier CBs.

Titans haven't had a WR potentially as good as Davis. Mariota should continue to grow as a passer. Their offense will evolve as Mariota approaches his prime.

If you do believe in Williams though, drafting Davis and trading for Williams should net you a decent additional piece.
definitely valid concerns, I personally try not to predict qb situations though as the set in stone starters tend to outlast our expectations, and who knows if their offensive scheme changes at all. i dont want to discount davis at all, i just think MW is getting written off to an extent. ive seen him fall to 1.09 :wtf:

since ive let my MW love show though, the owner may not want to add much to him to get davis. and id be perfectly comfortable plugging davis into my lineup as well
Chicago Fire
10-Team PPR IDP
RB: Barkley, Damien Harris, Sony Michel, Malcolm Brown, Damien Williams, Boston Scott, Darwin, Bryce Love

Tijuana Tidal Wave
10-Team PPR IDP
RB: Zeke, Mixon, Henry, DJ, Latavius, Cohen, Jamaal Williams, Justin Jackson, Boston Scott, Eno Benjamin

Chris10385
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Chris10385 » Sun May 28, 2017 7:29 pm

I am lucky to be in a situation where I think I am going to be getting both. I have the 1.2 where I will draft Davis bc I know for certain the 1.1 will be Fournette. I am about 99.9% sure it will be rb, rb, rb, rb at 3-6. I am at the 7 AND 8 so more than likely will be taking Williams with one of those picks.
Team 1
12 teams/7pt TDs/3pts ppr/4pts TE ppr/1pt ppc/
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE, WRT Flex,WT FLEX,WT Flex
(30 Active Roster)
QB: Brady, Cousins, Bridgewater
RB: Taylor, Zeke, AJones, Hunt
WR: Hopkins, Godwin, Thielen, Juju, B. Edwards
TE: Goedert, Conklin, Cox, Parham, Everett
Picks: 2022 3rd, 2024 1st

Team 2
10 teams/6pts TDs/3pts ppr/1pt ppc/
Start 1QB,2RB,2WR,TE,2Flex,DEF,K
(30 Active Roster)
QB: Matt Ryan,Stafford
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Jacobs, Hunt, Shady, Gore, Royce Freeman, Duke, Dixon, D. Harris, Love
WR: Deandre Hopkins, Antonio Brown, Jarvis Landry, Crowder, Daesean Hamilton, Em. Sanders, AJ Brown
TE: Ebron, Gerald Everett, Olsen
2020 Picks: 1st, 1st,

tyson
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby tyson » Mon May 29, 2017 2:56 am

Chris10385 wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 7:29 pm I am lucky to be in a situation where I think I am going to be getting both. I have the 1.2 where I will draft Davis bc I know for certain the 1.1 will be Fournette. I am about 99.9% sure it will be rb, rb, rb, rb at 3-6. I am at the 7 AND 8 so more than likely will be taking Williams with one of those picks.
who do you think goes at 6?
fournette
davis
mixon
mccaffrey
cook
kamara/perine/hunt?

see thats just crazy to me
Chicago Fire
10-Team PPR IDP

Tijuana Tidal Wave
10-Team PPR IDP

SteveVolk
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SteveVolk » Mon May 29, 2017 4:39 am

I have to add this here, as I was picking at 1.05 recently and leery of winding up with a choice between the fourth RB and Mike Williams.
But when it all came down, the top four RBs went first and I got C. Davis. I like Mike Williams, and I expect Chargers management likes him more than they like Tyrell Williams. The draft capital means something. But his situation is a little murky in the early going. (I know, some claim he's there as insurance for Keenan Allen; I think it's Tyrell with the target on his back.)
My advice is draft Davis and whoever gets Williams will care less about how much you like him than about getting Corey Davis. If the worsts ecnario is that you fail to get a deal done, your consolation is the consensus best wideout in the draft. Enjoy!

tyson
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby tyson » Tue May 30, 2017 1:38 pm

SteveVolk wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 4:39 am I have to add this here, as I was picking at 1.05 recently and leery of winding up with a choice between the fourth RB and Mike Williams.
But when it all came down, the top four RBs went first and I got C. Davis. I like Mike Williams, and I expect Chargers management likes him more than they like Tyrell Williams. The draft capital means something. But his situation is a little murky in the early going. (I know, some claim he's there as insurance for Keenan Allen; I think it's Tyrell with the target on his back.)
My advice is draft Davis and whoever gets Williams will care less about how much you like him than about getting Corey Davis. If the worsts ecnario is that you fail to get a deal done, your consolation is the consensus best wideout in the draft. Enjoy!
thats what i was thinking as well. no matter what my personal predictions may be, gotta play the market values. and i would be perfectly fine throwing davis into my team! I really can't imagine he was drafted as insurance, although he definitely serves that purpose should keenan go down. honestly just hope they trade tyrell to baltimore and it clears everything right up! lol

also, lucky you getting davis at 5, wow
Chicago Fire
10-Team PPR IDP

Tijuana Tidal Wave
10-Team PPR IDP

Opeth24
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Opeth24 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:33 am

I don't hate the guy but I also don't think he is everything people think he is. This was a weak WR class. Where do you actually see him going if he was put in previous years classes. I think people get tricked. If I had to choose between him or Davis, it would be Davis all day.
12 Team/ Half PPR/IDP/30 Roster Spots/Dynasty

QB:R.Wilson, P.Mahomes, T.Bridgewater
RB: T.Montgomery, D. Cook , K. Dixon, L. Fournette, K. Drake, P. Barber, M. Breida, A. Ekeler
WR:D.Hopkins, J. Jones, K.Benjamin, J.Doctson,K.Golladay, K. Cole, G.Tate, J. Gordon, M. Goodwin,
TE:G.Olsen, J.Smith
LB:C.Mosley, V.Williams, C.Lawson, W.Woodyard
DB:J.Adams, D.mcourty, A.Amos
DL: C.Dunlap, M.Addison, A. Okafor

RTE
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RTE » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:20 pm

Davis over Williams but I don't think Williams is a bad pick. He played against much tougher secondaries than Davis. He also had two good games against bama and OSU in the playoffs under the bright lights. Pretty sure everyone in bama and OSU secondaries was drafted or at least most. I know for sure 4 were first rounders. Competition matters!!!
12 team 1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 te 1 flex
Qb Wilson, Bortles
Rb Howard, Kerryon Johnson, Duke Johnson, ty Montgomery
Wr Odell, Cooper, Evans, Alshon, Curtis Samuel
TE Jonnu Smith, George kittle, Vance McDonald, Eifert

Chris10385
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Chris10385 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:12 pm

tyson wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 2:56 am
Chris10385 wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 7:29 pm I am lucky to be in a situation where I think I am going to be getting both. I have the 1.2 where I will draft Davis bc I know for certain the 1.1 will be Fournette. I am about 99.9% sure it will be rb, rb, rb, rb at 3-6. I am at the 7 AND 8 so more than likely will be taking Williams with one of those picks.
who do you think goes at 6?
fournette
davis
mixon
mccaffrey
cook
kamara/perine/hunt?

see thats just crazy to me
The guy picking at the 1.6 is most likely going Kamara. He is infatuated with him.
Team 1
12 teams/7pt TDs/3pts ppr/4pts TE ppr/1pt ppc/
Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE, WRT Flex,WT FLEX,WT Flex
(30 Active Roster)
QB: Brady, Cousins, Bridgewater
RB: Taylor, Zeke, AJones, Hunt
WR: Hopkins, Godwin, Thielen, Juju, B. Edwards
TE: Goedert, Conklin, Cox, Parham, Everett
Picks: 2022 3rd, 2024 1st

Team 2
10 teams/6pts TDs/3pts ppr/1pt ppc/
Start 1QB,2RB,2WR,TE,2Flex,DEF,K
(30 Active Roster)
QB: Matt Ryan,Stafford
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Jacobs, Hunt, Shady, Gore, Royce Freeman, Duke, Dixon, D. Harris, Love
WR: Deandre Hopkins, Antonio Brown, Jarvis Landry, Crowder, Daesean Hamilton, Em. Sanders, AJ Brown
TE: Ebron, Gerald Everett, Olsen
2020 Picks: 1st, 1st,

tyson
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby tyson » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:58 pm

Opeth24 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:33 am I don't hate the guy but I also don't think he is everything people think he is. This was a weak WR class. Where do you actually see him going if he was put in previous years classes. I think people get tricked. If I had to choose between him or Davis, it would be Davis all day.
i dont disagree it isnt a strong class, but my point was that everyone sorta bailed on him. hes 1.06 or worse in most mocks ive seen, when he was originally at least close to davis. (still behind though)
Chicago Fire
10-Team PPR IDP

Tijuana Tidal Wave
10-Team PPR IDP