Cook vs Mike Williams

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Cook vs Mike Williams

Postby alewilliam789 » Sat May 27, 2017 1:57 pm

So obviously my team with the 5th Overall Pick needs help at RB, but Cook to me has become such a high risk pick. It's tough for me to take a chance on prospect who's game is so predicated on quickness yet tested so incredibly poorly in the Agility and COD department.

For me Williams is the safer option because he will always at least be able to be a solid possession receiver with his ability to make Contested catches. He's actually got solid long speed for a bigger WR.

Help me here. I want to know if you are taking Cook at 1.05 why are you doing it? I'm pretty sold on Williams tho right now
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Cook vs Mike Williams

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat May 27, 2017 3:16 pm

I don't think Mike Williams would be a dumb pick there, but I personally have Cook ranked ahead of MW anyway, so the fact that you desperately need a RB would make me go hard for Cook.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sat May 27, 2017 3:29 pm

Try to move down a slot, get another 2nd rounder and let someone else make the decision for you if you have them neck and neck.

RTE
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RTE » Sat May 27, 2017 3:57 pm

I agree move down a spot. I personally feel like pick 6 this year is a nice spot to be. I've seen fournette Davis cmc mixon cook and mike Williams in the top 6 of almost every ranking. Never in the same order but always the same 6 guys. Try and get an extra pick by moving down and let the draft fall to you
12 team 1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 te 1 flex
Qb Wilson, Bortles
Rb Howard, Kerryon Johnson, Duke Johnson, ty Montgomery
Wr Odell, Cooper, Evans, Alshon, Curtis Samuel
TE Jonnu Smith, George kittle, Vance McDonald, Eifert

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat May 27, 2017 8:59 pm

Not sure why you think Cook has become such high risk, but I'd take him over Williams pretty easily. If you don't want him, I agree with the others saying to trade down. Or even try to trade up for a RB that you actually like.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Mon May 29, 2017 1:17 am

Goddard wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 8:59 pm Not sure why you think Cook has become such high risk, but I'd take him over Williams pretty easily. If you don't want him, I agree with the others saying to trade down. Or even try to trade up for a RB that you actually like.
Like I said to me he is a back that relies on agility, yet didn't even test close to an average percentile. Numerous shoulder injuries/surgeries, fumble issues. He's just a really average athlete and you can see that on tape. He's a solid pass-catching back, but he doesn't run great routes or have great hands for that matter to be anything more than above average back. My only solid comparison that I could compare him to is Devonta Freeman, but Freeman is exponentially quicker/more explosive and you can see that on tape.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue May 30, 2017 2:45 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 1:17 am
Goddard wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 8:59 pm Not sure why you think Cook has become such high risk, but I'd take him over Williams pretty easily. If you don't want him, I agree with the others saying to trade down. Or even try to trade up for a RB that you actually like.
Like I said to me he is a back that relies on agility, yet didn't even test close to an average percentile. Numerous shoulder injuries/surgeries, fumble issues. He's just a really average athlete and you can see that on tape. He's a solid pass-catching back, but he doesn't run great routes or have great hands for that matter to be anything more than above average back. My only solid comparison that I could compare him to is Devonta Freeman, but Freeman is exponentially quicker/more explosive and you can see that on tape.
Not discounting his risks, but I think you're severely underselling Cook's power to break tackles and run through defenders. He doesn't just rely on agility. The dude has some real Beast Mode to his game.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue May 30, 2017 3:14 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 2:45 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 1:17 am
Not discounting his risks, but I think you're severely underselling Cook's power to break tackles and run through defenders. He doesn't just rely on agility. The dude has some real Beast Mode to his game.
Yea, not sure how a guy who relies solely on agility, and yet is bad at it, succeeded so much in college. Sure, you'll argue college defenders are not at the same level as NFL defenders, but you still have to be doing something right to have the career Cook's had. Maybe you've watched hours of film on him and you're right, because I've only seen him play in a few games, but he looked damn good when I watched him. Whether it was his agility, speed, power, or even pass catching abilities, it was hard to pick out many flaws in his game.