Last Big Tier For Running Backs

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

With the talent and opportunity, who do you like and why?

D'onta Foreman
29%
Marlon Mack
22%
Joe Williams
20%
Jamaal Williams
14%
Jeremy McNichols
4%
Wayne Gallman
10%

Total votes: 49

zelldawg26
Role Player
Role Player

Last Big Tier For Running Backs

Postby zelldawg26 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:36 pm

It's obvious that the 2nd tier speaks for itself in Perine, Kamara, and Hunt with their talents and opportunities. But who would you possibly reach for to find the next David Johnson? I have them ranked here myself who I would grab first. Who do you got and why?

1. Joe Williams - Hand picked and mostly due to opportunity. Feel they're just not happy with Hyde. Too many reports and too high on Joe.

2. Jamaal Williams- For me, it's only because I own Monty and will have a personal vendetta with McCarthy if he pulls an Arians and makes J Will a work horse.

3. Mack- Love his opportunity. See him as their future back. Gore is on the back field death bed and have you seen Marlon's film? Looks awesome.

4. Foreman- Love his college stats. He's a big guy and see him at least taking the goal line carries. Could be some time behind Miller though.

5. Gallman- Major dark horse, especially if Paul Perkins can't hold the load. This is at least a timeshare, and I refuse to believe Perkins is the back to own by late season.

6. McNichols- 23 TD's at Boise State? Doug who? Jacquizz who?

If even 2 out of the 6 pan out in the 1st year, that's lucky. But which ones?.....
24 Player Roster/12 Team/PPR/IDP/PPT(Point Per Tackle)
4 player Taxi Squad

QB- Aaron Rodgers, Winston
RB- Monty, Ajayi, Ingram, Duke, Booker, Burkhead, Collins, Foreman, Breida
WR- Cooks, A-Rob, TY, Funchess, MBryant, Godwin, MWilliams, Golladay
TE-Engram
PK- M.Crosby
LB- CJ Mosley, L David
DE- Fowler, Okafor
DB- Clinton-Dix, Rashad Jones

24 player roster/12 team/0.5 PPR/IDP/4 player Taxi

QB- Luck, Carr, Bortles
RB- Zeke, Hyde, McKinnon, Henry, A Jones, Drake, Foreman, Booker, Dixon
WR- Evans, Hilton, ARob, Cooper, Watkins, Shepard, C Davis, Gordon, Doctson
TE-Olsen, Kittle
PK- Whatever
DE- Okafor, Hunter
LB- Buccanon, Mack
S- Baker, Mathieu

Buxton11
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Last Big Tier For Running Backs

Postby Buxton11 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:05 am

Pretty tough to tell this early, obviously training camp and preseason will show us who has best opportunity going into the year but for now give me Joe Williams. Reports are he can take over Hyde but even if he doesn't Shanahan likes to get his rb2 on the field and Hyde has been injury prone. for those reasons give me Joe Will

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Thu May 18, 2017 11:17 am

This is tough for me. I have a feeling most will prefer D'onta and for good reason...but give me Joe Williams. I actually took Williams over D'Onta with the last pick in the 2nd round. It felt wrong doing it...but, he was a guy I wanted. So, in the end, always go with the guy that YOU want.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu May 18, 2017 1:54 pm

I'd go Foreman, Mack, then Joe W.

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Fri May 19, 2017 5:42 pm

I have a weird feeling that Gallman is going to take that job. I know Whalen likes him over Perkins, for what that's worth. So I'll take him and Waldman's boy Jamaal Williams. He's a prime sell-high candidate for me this year after he gets the slightest bit of prime time exposure.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Fri May 19, 2017 7:12 pm

I went with Mack, I've been openly high on him for quite awhile though. The only problem I have with him is he seems hesitant to run between the tackles and instead insists on bouncing to the outside. He has looked very capable while running between the tackles, just not really into it. I imagine once he gets on a good training program and adds some strength, he may be more accepting of doing so. Also, his playerprofile comp is Gurley; not that I think they're similar players, but it peaked my interest.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

joshuawrobbins
Starter
Starter

Postby joshuawrobbins » Wed May 24, 2017 8:46 pm

I took Mack. Caught a lot of passes in college and should slide into the third role. At some point Gore has to dramatically slow down or retire right? I think Mack was hand picked as the heir to the throne. Should see plenty of work early on and could push for the starting gig if Gore is ineffective