McCaffrey vs Mixon .5 PPR

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
TTHTD
Captain
Captain

McCaffrey vs Mixon .5 PPR

Postby TTHTD » Tue May 16, 2017 2:22 am

I'm shocked this one doesn't already exist! 0.5 PPR to keep it more even. Who do you take and why?

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: McCaffrey vs Mixon .5 PPR

Postby nathanq42 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:52 am

it's been all over other boards

Mixon
Good receiver
Elusive in open space and in tight
Prototypical size
Patient with great vision (a bit too patient on inside runs but the mentality can be coached)
Decent situation, should be starter by week 2 but still has competition in the backfield, has enough weapons around him so teams cant stack the box so he can use his tools (size, speed, elusiveness to make it to the second level and break of big runs)
Tested very well in his pro-day
Not much wear on his tires

McCaffrey
Great receiver
Smaller than ideal but other RBs of his size have done it (Shady, Jamaal Charles, CJ2k)
Explosive
Very VERY shifty, uses his strong legs to propel his lighter frame in jump cuts, hitting the hole, and general acceleration
Elusive
Tested very well at the combine
Good situation (Enough weapons to take the heat off, but not good enough so McCaffrey will be the best player on offense day 1)
Doesn't have TD upside (Cam, Stewart)
He has proven he can carry a load (TONNES of touches in college)

Thats about it, cant go wrong here, IMO I am going Mixon, but I like to swing for the fences and I just dont see the same ceiling for McCaffrey
PS the whole hitting the girl thing was a one time deal, Mixon has been genuinely apologetic and I think he would handle a situation like that much better if given another test like that.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue May 16, 2017 10:29 am

Still Mixon

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:45 am

I would go with McCaffrey due in part to draft capital spent on him and he has shown the ability to handle a lot of carries at Stanford. I think they both have a similar ceiling but I think McCaffrey has a higher floor due to being a top 10 draft pick and Carolina is going to use him a lot with that kind of draft capital spent on him.

sms
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby sms » Thu May 18, 2017 4:54 am

If it was a full point PPR would you take McCaffery over Mixon?