C. Meredith or K. White

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Who will be the better WR in Chicago short term and long term C. Meredith or K. White

C. Meredith
52%
K. White
48%

Total votes: 161

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: C. Meredith or K. White

Postby Space Cowboy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:00 pm

Lol 65-64

Can't make this stuff up

Away Team
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Away Team » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:14 pm

Keep in mind that White was considered extremely raw coming out of college, and basically lost the first 2 years of his career. There's no guarantee he was ever going to be the player we thought he was BEFORE the injuries.

Give me the more reliable candidate, who just so happens to look like a quality NFL receiver to boot.

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:15 am

Away Team wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:14 pm Keep in mind that White was considered extremely raw coming out of college, and basically lost the first 2 years of his career. There's no guarantee he was ever going to be the player we thought he was BEFORE the injuries.

Give me the more reliable candidate, who just so happens to look like a quality NFL receiver to boot.
As far as athleticism goes, White's injuries are not very scary. Sure, bone injuries take a long time to heal due to blood flow, but they aren't known to physically slow anyone down like torn hamstring, achilles, or patella tendon injuries can. Unless we're talking about a gruesome compound fracture, players are typically as good as new after the bone has healed up.

So yeah, White was a raw prospect that might bust, but it won't be due to those injuries. He's still got the same odds of success today as he did 2 years ago, IMO.

nabright
All Pro
All Pro

Postby nabright » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:17 am

Away Team wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:14 pm Keep in mind that White was considered extremely raw coming out of college, and basically lost the first 2 years of his career. There's no guarantee he was ever going to be the player we thought he was BEFORE the injuries.

Couldn't have said it better myself. People are just assuming that IF White stays healthy, he's gonna turn into a WR1. He could very well have been a bust even if he stayed healthy in his career so far. I'm easily taking the guy who almost put up a 1000yds in his 2nd year in the league. I see no reason why he can't be a career WR2 and a go to guy for Trubisky as he develops.
Team 1
12tm, Super-flex, 1PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/OP
QB: ARod, Wilson, Goff, Winston, Taysom Hill
RB: Cook, Mack, Barber, L. Murray, Ito Smith, Bibbs
WR: ARob, Kupp, Miller(Chi), Agholar, Doctson, Grant, Gordon Z. Jones, Quinn(Wsh), Wilson(Mia)
TE: Reed, Ebron, Andrews, V. Davis, Gates, Herndon
Team 2
12tm, Super-flex, 1PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX/OP
QB: Luck, Tanny, Goff
RB: Henry, Drake
WR: Nuk, ARob, Cooper, JuJu, Shepard, Hurns, Lockett, Stewart, Kupp
TE: Doyle, Allen, Clay
Team 3
14tm Super-flex, 1.5PPR and 1.5pts per 10yds for TEs, 1PPR for WRs, .5ppr and .25ppc for RBs. start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX/OP
QB: Luck, Goff, Jones
RB: Henry, Ekeler, Howard, Hines, Kelley, McKinnon, Samuels
WR: Cooks, Ridley, Ross, Callaway, Moncreif, MWilliams, Enunwa, Kupp, Golladay, Kearse, Reynolds
TE: Howard, Hurst

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:29 am

73-68 for CM. This might be the biggest lead either one has had. I hope this thread never dies and people continue to vote till after they're both retired.

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:11 am

This poll never left the front page. Why is there another poll exactly like it? You don't even have to search... just look on the front page. It's really not that hard.. :doh: