McCaffrey v. Cook in standard scoring

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Who would you take

CMC
46%
Cook
54%

Total votes: 35

Adidas95
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

McCaffrey v. Cook in standard scoring

Postby Adidas95 » Wed May 10, 2017 4:31 am

Who is the better option in a standard scoring league?

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: McCaffrey v. Cook in standard scoring

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri May 12, 2017 11:52 am

Standard scoring, I gotta go Cook.

CM is a baller but he will probably catch around 70 balls per year, and only carry the rock 150 or so times. I also don't think he will do much on the goal line.

Cook on the other hand, has the potential to be a true workhorse, and carry the ball 250-300 times.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Fri May 12, 2017 12:19 pm

In standard, it's gotta be Cook.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Mon May 22, 2017 2:23 am

Give me McCaffrey every time! I don't have any interest in Cook at his current value.. This from a life long Viking fan. I traded pick #5 and Wentz for the #4 just so I could draft Caff and not be looking at Cook at #5. Rebuild team is at #1-2 and going with Lenny and Davis, I'm at #3-4 and going Mixon-McCaffrey.
Standard 10 man
QB Rogers - Big Ben- Jackson-
RB Gurley- Bell- Mixon - Conner- M Brown - Burkhead, Warren, Ballage
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Kupp- Sanders- John Brown- Allison- MVS- Hogan - T Williams- Humphries
TE- Ertz - Reed-

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Mon May 22, 2017 6:34 am

TheEastWest wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 2:23 am Give me McCaffrey every time! I don't have any interest in Cook at his current value.. This from a life long Viking fan. I traded pick #5 and Wentz for the #4 just so I could draft Caff and not be looking at Cook at #5. Rebuild team is at #1-2 and going with Lenny and Davis, I'm at #3-4 and going Mixon-McCaffrey.
Any specific reason you're avoiding Cook? Seems like the 1.05/1.06 range is the right price.

Adidas95
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Adidas95 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:12 am

TheEastWest wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 2:23 am Give me McCaffrey every time! I don't have any interest in Cook at his current value.. This from a life long Viking fan. I traded pick #5 and Wentz for the #4 just so I could draft Caff and not be looking at Cook at #5. Rebuild team is at #1-2 and going with Lenny and Davis, I'm at #3-4 and going Mixon-McCaffrey.
I'm starting to think a year from now Cook will be the bell cow while CMC will always have another RB getting goal line work

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon May 22, 2017 8:53 am

Cook for me. I actually like his landing spot.

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Mon May 22, 2017 9:27 am

onetwothree wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 6:34 am
Any specific reason you're avoiding Cook? Seems like the 1.05/1.06 range is the right price.
I was down on Cook when he was sitting #1 prior to the combine.. I don't like the shoulder injurys.
I certainly don't like he tested in the lower 9% of RB's.. Not sure how many elite RB's tested so poorly but I'd guess none. He fumbles way to much and I don't trust him off the field.. Also don't care for his landing spot but that wasn't the deal breaker for me.
I'd agree 5-6 is were he should be drafted but I'd look to trade down if I was faced with drafting him and I have McCaffrey and Mixon in a tier ahead of Cook .
Standard 10 man
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Kupp- Sanders- John Brown- Allison- MVS- Hogan - T Williams- Humphries
TE- Ertz - Reed-

Adidas95
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Adidas95 » Mon May 22, 2017 12:20 pm

TheEastWest wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 9:27 am
I was down on Cook when he was sitting #1 prior to the combine.. I don't like the shoulder injurys.
I certainly don't like he tested in the lower 9% of RB's.. Not sure how many elite RB's tested so poorly but I'd guess none. He fumbles way to much and I don't trust him off the field.. Also don't care for his landing spot but that wasn't the deal breaker for me.
I'd agree 5-6 is were he should be drafted but I'd look to trade down if I was faced with drafting him and I have McCaffrey and Mixon in a tier ahead of Cook .
What do you think about CMC in a non ppr?

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Mon May 22, 2017 1:43 pm

Jaguars98k wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 12:20 pm
TheEastWest wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 9:27 am

What do you think about CMC in a non ppr?
I really think if anybody is going to break the mold it's CMC . Not saying he will but if I was to bet on the next RB to rush and receive for 1K each it would be CMC by a wide margin .. His agility scores are the best I can remember, that can't be taught! Kid doesn't fumble and runs well between the tackles. If you compare CMC and Cooks combine on film (YouTube) it looks like Cook is running in slow motion compared to CMC. Doesn't take a pro scout to notice this and the more you watch the more glaring the gap is between the two.. CMC is one of if not the smoothest receiving backs I've scouted, he looks like a elite slot reciever .. Truly Faulk like in that area..
Smart kid who came from pro style offense and I believe he will pick up playbook and nuances of The NFL faster then 95% of rookies , he will be ready to go week 1 even after getting a late start due to Standford graduation being mid June ...
I should add I'm the most pessimistic person I know when it comes to scouting players, my buddy's tell me I never like anybody and 90% of the time it's true so you won't see me post many glowing reports on unproven rookies .. I wasn't even high on CMC to start the process and don't put much stock in the combine but this kid has blown me away since I really dug into him .. I now have CMC and Mixon in my top 3..
Standard 10 man
TE- Ertz - Reed-

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Mon May 22, 2017 2:07 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 11:52 am Standard scoring, I gotta go Cook.

CM is a baller but he will probably catch around 70 balls per year, and only carry the rock 150 or so times. I also don't think he will do much on the goal line.

Cook on the other hand, has the potential to be a true workhorse, and carry the ball 250-300 times.
Who is grading out better for you? Are you just going by your projected volume or are you giving Cook a higher grade?
Standard 10 man
TE- Ertz - Reed-

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:18 pm

TheEastWest wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 2:07 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 11:52 am Standard scoring, I gotta go Cook.

Who is grading out better for you? Are you just going by your projected volume or are you giving Cook a higher grade?
Just totally different players. I think Cook is a top 3 talent in this class as a runner. McCaffrey's floor is Reggie Bush or prime years Darren Sproles, which is nothing to sneeze at.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Mon May 22, 2017 2:33 pm

I agree with many of your posts so I had to ask. I guess I just don't see it with Cook but hopefully for the Vikings sake I hope I'm wrong ..
Standard 10 man
TE- Ertz - Reed-

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed May 24, 2017 3:09 pm

In non-ppr I have to go Cook. Stewart is still a thing, and I'm betting they draft a bruiser when he is gone. McCaffrey is incredibly agile but has nothing for upper body strength. Think about this for a moment...a MUCH WEAKER Percy Harvin. That's what I anticipate. Percy was awesome, and he could have been a RB (played RB and WR in college), but he was a better fit as a WR. Give him bubble screens and watch him dominate guys that couldn't catch him. I see McCaffrey in this same mold, but weaker. That means he should be even less able to carry the rock than Percy would have been able to. I guess we will never know because he wasn't going to see many carries with Peterson back there.
We also need to consider the issue of Curtis Samuel, who is a WR that can also play RB. Samuel and McCaffrey can actually be used in very similar manners. It's strange the Panthers took them both. They must be planning a lot of bubble screens. Maybe, just maybe, we'll see trickery with McCaffrey motioning out to WR and Samuel motioning into the backfield every once in a while? Can a WR motion into a RB spot? I hope to see some Samuel reverses and such, with a lot of misdirection running plays (Cam and Stewart as threats as well). All that said, McCaffrey is potentially a great NFL weapon, but I don't foresee him getting enough in a non-ppr league for him to be a potential stud.
I'm not a huge Cook guy, but give me Cook for the potential of the Vikings force feeding him carries.

Knox Steel Curtain
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Knox Steel Curtain » Sat May 27, 2017 5:57 am

They are very close to me. I would honestly be happy with either one. I am sitting at 4 and have choice and am torn. I slightly lean Mccaffrey but very close. I think yards he puts up will be a lot more and touchdowns will be close for both. Murray will get some meaningful carries with his big contract.

I have an option to trade back for Cook possibly.