John Ross Takes

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

John Ross Takes

Postby alewilliam789 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:39 pm

I'm really torn on this guy. I think he is a very talented receiver beyond his speed aspect, but his injuries are really scaring me away.

Just wanted to hear his worth pick wise and some takes on him.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: John Ross Takes

Postby nathanq42 » Sat May 06, 2017 12:15 am

1.07/8 very talented and fast as lightning. The only thing that gives me pause on him is his injury history, but that was in the past and he still ran the fastest 40 ever.... And he must've checked out on all of the medical expenses, or else why would the Bengals take him at 9 right? And the NFL GMs have way more info than we do.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Mascott93
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Mascott93 » Sat May 06, 2017 12:52 am

I've just drafted him in a 10 Man league (sig 3) I was at 1.08 and traded down to 2.02 and took him there. I think the value is great but the injuries scare me. Everyones thinking the same I think so he's sliding.
Team 1
10 Man - PPR
QB: Stafford, Goff, Mayfield
RB: Barkley, Drake, Miller, Crowell, Jones, Clement, Gallman
WR: AJG, Samuels, Parker, Kirk, Hamilton, Harmon, Hurst, Cole, Taylor,
TE: Engram, Brate, Gathers
DL: Lawrence, Ngakoue, Jarrett, Poe, Barnett, Davenport
LB: T Smith, Alexander, Edmunds, Wright, Barron, Schobert, McKinney, Hitchens, Vander Esch
DB: Amos , Byard, Evans, Reid

Team 2 - 2 QB Superflex
16 Man - PPR, 1.5 PPR for TE, 6 pts TD pass
QB: Luck, Dalton
RB: Miller, McFadden, Abdullah, Prosise, Cmike
WR: Williams, Marshall, Lockett, T Benjamin, Kupp, Austin, Lafell
TE: Ebron, Gresham, Sims
DST: Broncos

Team 3
10 Man - PPR
QB: Dalton , Eli, lock
RB: Fournette, Howard, Rojo, Miller, Collins, AP, Gio, Breida
WR: OBJ, Cooks, JBrown, Lockett, Godwin, M Brown, Hamilton, Miller, Pettis, MVS, Harmon
TE: Kittle, Engram, Goedart, Eifert, Thomas
DEF: Chiefs

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Sat May 06, 2017 8:56 am

Compared to the other guys in the first round? Maybe I'd take a shot, though, Ross scares me with his injury history and sure he may be a more refined Will Fuller....but we've always seen guys like him before.

Rotomavin
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Rotomavin » Thu May 11, 2017 10:39 am

John Ross will be the next Ted Ginn! Not saying not to draft in the first but he has a high ceiling and low floor!!

This draft has a lot of name players but beyond the top 4/5 names it is a crap shoot. I don't think any of the others are a first round pick in a 12 team, PPR, draft. The best player with a potential "high ceiling" is Zay Jones, even though his QB is not the greatest. The Rams pick of Cooper Kupp could be a big payoff in 2/3 years.

At this point I would take a chance on Floyd or players like him who have had some success and are in the free agent pool. This draft is not the greatest for fantasy, but solid in defense and offensive line picks.

Been drafting like this since 1980 and really find this draft poor./b]

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Thu May 11, 2017 4:51 pm

ROTOMAVIN wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 10:39 am John Ross will be the next Ted Ginn! Not saying not to draft in the first but he has a high ceiling and low floor!!

This draft has a lot of name players but beyond the top 4/5 names it is a crap shoot. I don't think any of the others are a first round pick in a 12 team, PPR, draft. The best player with a potential "high ceiling" is Zay Jones, even though his QB is not the greatest. The Rams pick of Cooper Kupp could be a big payoff in 2/3 years.

At this point I would take a chance on Floyd or players like him who have had some success and are in the free agent pool. This draft is not the greatest for fantasy, but solid in defense and offensive line picks.

Been drafting like this since 1980 and really find this draft poor./b]

Solid in OL picks? Gonna have to disagree there... this has been cited as a weak OL class. But yes, I am worried about the skill players this year and a lot of the landing spots just seems subpar.
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis