McCaffrey vs Mixon at 1.03-1 point PPR

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Christian McCaffrey
44%
Joe Mixon
56%

Total votes: 34

Warwick9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Warwick9 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:37 am

This is the real question for me, pre draft I was really excited about Mixon, another owner has top 2 and is for sure taking Davis and likely Fournette. Once Panthers actually pulled the trigger on McCaffrey at 8th overall I had to go back to the tape, they both seem very similar. Both exceptional talent in a phone booth to make people miss and play elusive, both exceptional pass catchers, both with decent speed. Both seem to be solid pass protecters. Both have a shotty line to pave the way.

I heard Gio will be odd man out but that is hard to believe, Stewart likely plays a goal line short yardage role this year and maybe they draft a bruiser next year so not much changes there...obviously McCaffrey is the safer pick character wise as who knows if Mixon has been coached up to say what people want to hear
10-team PPR --1QB 2RB 2-3WR 1-2TE 1K 2-3DL 2-3LB 2-3DB
QB:R.Wilson, Lamar Jackson
RB:Zeke, McCaffery, J.White, N.Hines, TJ Yeldon Taxi squad: J.Hill, D.Singletary
WR:AJ Green, C.Davis, DK Metcalf, E.Sanders, D.Thomas
Taxi squad: H.Butler, C.Sutton, M.Boykin
TE:H.Henry, M.Andrews, ASJ--Taxi squad: H.Hurst
DE:D.Hunter, M.Ingram, J.Allen, M.Davenport
LB:Wagner,Vander Esch, Z.Cunningham, Onwuasor, Kyzir White
DB:(b)J.Johnson(/b), (b)C.Geathers(/b) R.Harrison

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: McCaffrey vs Mixon at 1.03-1 point PPR

Postby whodunnit » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:50 pm

I like McCaffrey's situation a little better, but I think Mixon is a better back.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:50 pm

Same dilemma here. I think mixon is a different guy from that one night, and I won't define a guy based on one action.

I like mixon better as a player and both of their situations have competition for touches (hill, gio, eifert, ajg) (jstew, can, KB, Olsen, Curtis Samuel) what brings McCaffrey back into the race is that the Bengals O-line is way worse than last year.

Tough call but I liked mixon more pre draft and I dont think the landing spots are a big enough factor to change that.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:26 pm

I prefer Mixon and actually like his landing spot.

Warwick9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Warwick9 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:30 pm

I drafted McCaffrey after Davis and Fournette were gone, already had Gordon and Martavius on my team and as much as I hope Mixon has changed, the talent isn't far enough off to warrant the risk. Also, I think McCaffrey has a lot better chance of being the focal point of the entire offense, as opposed to Mixon who has Green Eifert Ross and Gio to compete with. Stewart will likely be cut after this year due to his contract and low dead cap in 2018, but will no doubt get some touches this year...but I think McCaffrey is a guaranteed 10 points with potential of a lot more on a weekly basis, I don't know that you can say the same for Mixon
10-team PPR --1QB 2RB 2-3WR 1-2TE 1K 2-3DL 2-3LB 2-3DB
QB:R.Wilson, Lamar Jackson
RB:Zeke, McCaffery, J.White, N.Hines, TJ Yeldon Taxi squad: J.Hill, D.Singletary
WR:AJ Green, C.Davis, DK Metcalf, E.Sanders, D.Thomas
Taxi squad: H.Butler, C.Sutton, M.Boykin
TE:H.Henry, M.Andrews, ASJ--Taxi squad: H.Hurst
DE:D.Hunter, M.Ingram, J.Allen, M.Davenport
LB:Wagner,Vander Esch, Z.Cunningham, Onwuasor, Kyzir White
DB:(b)J.Johnson(/b), (b)C.Geathers(/b) R.Harrison

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:28 pm

Warwick9 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:30 pm I drafted McCaffrey after Davis and Fournette were gone, already had Gordon and Martavius on my team and as much as I hope Mixon has changed, the talent isn't far enough off to warrant the risk. Also, I think McCaffrey has a lot better chance of being the focal point of the entire offense, as opposed to Mixon who has Green Eifert Ross and Gio to compete with. Stewart will likely be cut after this year due to his contract and low dead cap in 2018, but will no doubt get some touches this year...but I think McCaffrey is a guaranteed 10 points with potential of a lot more on a weekly basis, I don't know that you can say the same for Mixon
I agree with a lot of this. McCaffrey can become the focal point of the offense from the get go. From a fantasy perspective, he is going to be gold. He has the highest floor of any of the rookies this year. He's got just as much upside as any of the other RBs imo. He could be the next Brian Westbrook. A true jack of all trades. Mixon should win over the job, but will always still have at least Gio to take away looks in the backfield and all their receiving weapons as well. It's close, but give me the side that will produce from day 1.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

senska11
Role Player
Role Player

Postby senska11 » Mon May 01, 2017 7:49 am

Mixon. I'm worried about Cam and his inability to throw the ball or check down. I think that limits McCaffrey's production.