Mike Williams vs Corey Davis

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Monkey
Role Player
Role Player

Mike Williams vs Corey Davis

Postby Monkey » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:43 am

I've seen a couple mocks that have made me curious.. I've seen Mike Williams go in the top half of the first, 14th to Philly, as high as 5th overall to Tennessee, and Corey Davis consistently falling to the 2nd round to teams like Chicago or the Rams.

Maybe some of you already have Williams over Davis, but most I've seen have Davis as their top WR and potentially 1.01. Would landing spots/draft positions like this change things for you?

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Mike Williams vs Corey Davis

Postby Goddard » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:05 am

I have Davis over Williams. My feelings for Williams have been up and down for most of the off-season, but I doubt there's a scenario where I take him over Davis. And to be clear, I don't dislike Williams and he's my obvious WR2 in this draft, but I just like Davis more and thinks he's the more talented player.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:40 am

Davis hasn't gone through any workouts so he's been out of sight, out of mind. As I read somewhere, imagine the talent of Davis but now with a chip on his shoulder from being taken in the 2nd round...

Landing spot won't make a huge difference unless either land as a clear WR2 on their roster like in Buffalo or San Diego but both teams seem to have bigger needs elsewhere.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:52 pm

I prefer Davis. I think their upside is close but Davis's floor is much higher.

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:16 pm

Davis by a tier.

zuzaque
Rookie
Rookie

Postby zuzaque » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:22 am

Whoever goes to Tennessee

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:51 am

It's hard to determine since both WRs have such drastically different styles of play. I think it comes down to situation. If Mike Williams goes to Tennessee, I don't think it's a good fit because Mariota likes to throw to open receivers, not throw to a window where the receiver will be the only one to catch it. Corey Davis would thrive in that system as he is good at separating and making himself open before the throw.

If Williams goes to a team like Baltimore where Flacco likes to throw guys open and trusts his receivers can come down with the ball, I think he has a lot higher upside.

To answer the question though, I have to wait until landing spot to determine.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:27 am

On skill I like Davis much more. Route running>physicality when it comes to entering the NFL. Mike Williams got like one move, tiny inside head fake, go out side, run, let corner take top, stop at designated time, receive back shoulder throw, body block the corner so he can't come back. I think NFL corners can best him unless he greatly improves.

Davis can do it all but box out corners. His route tree is very developed, he is quick in and out of cuts, has good hands, sets up corners to look like fools.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

greenbird
Starter
Starter

Postby greenbird » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:06 am

Davis

jpatern21
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jpatern21 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:59 pm

zuzaque wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:22 am Whoever goes to Tennessee
Been seeing Ross' name pop up a lot with Titans in mocks.