Enunwa V. Anderson or "the field"

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
SteveVolk
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Enunwa V. Anderson or "the field"

Postby SteveVolk » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:16 am

Hey, I feel like there is a serious split between the intelligentsia and the drafting masses on the matter of Quincy Enunwa V. Robby Anderson. The podcasters and analysts all bring up Anderson as a Jet to own and rarely if ever mention Enunwa. However, according to DLF ADP Anderson is the 88th receiver off the board while Enunwa logs in at 65—still too low, in my opinion, but well ahead of Robby.
My argument is that Enunwa played more than 90-percent of the Jets' offensive snaps–ie., the team likes him.
Second, they should. He was a YAC-monster last year, logging the 18th most yards after catch in the entire league. Further, his size-speed ratio is elite—one metric, I know, but an important one. I tend to gravitate toward players who have at least one element to their game of freakishness. (I drafted Bell at 1.02 in his rookie year for largely because his three cone, given his size, suggested agility more common to cats than ball carriers.)
Third, it strikes me that all this talk of the Jets cutting Eric Decker must reflect at least some belief on the team's part that they have other viable receivers already on hand. In other words, I think there is room for both Anderson and Enunwa to prove fantasy relevant. I actually see Enunwa as more of a WR4—he has no quarterback, so there's that—and an ideal spot starter in fantasy for bye weeks and the like.
Thoughts?

—Best, Steve

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Enunwa V. Anderson or "the field"

Postby Ryantacular » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:03 am

He's worth a shot. Won't cost much to invest.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:35 am

To anyone who's watched the Jets play football, this should be an easy decision. Enunwa is a much better football player.

Robby A is fast, sure, and he might develop into a Marvin Jones or Allen Hurns. That's his ceiling tho, IMO, whereas Enunwa has a much higher floor and a higher ceiling too. Enunwa should have a floor of being a WR4 for fantasy, and a ceiling of being a high end WR2 in PPR
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Astonishment
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Astonishment » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:49 am

I would be on the Anderson side of this, but not against Enunwa at all. I think Enuwa is perfect for and will stay in that slot role... but it isn't really a role that I see much upside in on a sub-par offense. I would rather gamble on Anderson with big plays on the outside where enough flash could vault up his value. I see Enuwa similar to what he did for stretches last year, and that is a solid bench WR for fantasy. I would sell both if either hit a value spike more than I thought they were worth.

In short I would be fine with either with Enunwa being safer option as a back up WR and Anderson with a higher ceiling because of his role and how I view his talent (I had him as my WR14 in last years draft after my research, with him held back primarily by his lack of strength... I think it is safe to say I was much higher on him than most considering even MFL didn't add him as a player until training camp so my opinion on him may need to be taken with a grain of salt). I do not view either as a starting asset, so I would rather take what I consider the upside on my bench.

That said, I think most will fall in on the side of Enunwa.
12 Team, 21 players, 4 man TS, 21 keepers, .5 PPR, 6 pt passing TD, .04 return yards, 4 round rookie draft
Start 10: 1 QB / 1-3 RB / 2-5 WR / 1-3 TE / 1 K / 1 Def

QB- Wilson, Dalton, Bradford
RB- Howard, Henry, Kamara, Abdullah, Foreman, Breida
WR- Cooper, Green, Robinson(IR), Diggs, Cobb, Sheppard, Treadwell, Goodwin, Grant
TE - Eifert, Ertz

kaius
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kaius » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:47 pm

I think these guys will make a great 1-2 punch for the Jets. I like them both.
10-team PPR 30-man rosters QB WR (x3) RB (x2) TE W/R/T(x3) SuperFlex

QB: Wilson, Brady, Goff, Roethlisberger
WR: Green, Antonio, Julio, M. Thomas, Gordon, DT, Lockett, Godwin, Cole, Miller, Washington, C Williams, J Matthews, A Wilson, J Reynolds
RB: Gurley, Conner, L Miller, Lynch, Foreman, Martin, CJA, Kelly, Hill, McGuire, Warren
TE: Gronk, Hooper, Goedert, Paul, Gathers

12-team PPR 29-man rosters QB RB (x2) WR (x2) TE W/R/T (x3) K DEF

QB: Newton, Dalton
WR: Davis, Cooks, Lockett, Sanders, Godwin, C. Coleman, A. Miller, J. Matt, Reynolds, Darboh, Dorsett,J Watson, D. Moore
RB: Kamara, Mixon, Cook, RoJo, Yeldon, Barber, L. Murray, Walton, Scarbrough, Tavon
TE: Graham, Ebron, Goedert, Shaheen, Vannett, Gathers
K: Crosby
DEF: Denver, Carolina, Cincinnatti

Dyno_7
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dyno_7 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:31 pm

I like both Enunwa and Anderson. I picked up Enunwa as a stash, but am considering picking up Anderson too. I've also seen the rumors of Decker possibly being traded so the Jets can essentially have a new canvas to paint. That should put Enunwa & Anderson in a great position to catch passes when the Jets are down 2 TD's every week. Lol
TEAMS 1&2: 10tm. Non-PPR +IDP.
Starters: 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1K-2DL-1EDR-3LB-3DB

TEAM 1:
QB: C.Wentz, P.Rivers, J.Rosen, L.Jackson.
RB: J.Mixon, L.Fournette, J.Howard, D.Williams
WR: O.BeckhamJr, M.Thomas, S.Diggs, J.Smith-Schuster, S.Watkins, C.Godwin, C.Sutton.
TE: Z.Ertz, M.Gesicki, G.Kittle.
DL: D.Hunter, D.Barnett, C.Jones.
EDR: H.Landry.
LB: M.Jack, Z.Cunningham, A.Williamson, L.Vander Esch, C.Littleton.
DB: R.Jones, B.McDougald, S.Williams.

TEAM 2:
QB: D.Watson.
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, C.Hyde, N.Chubb, A.Jones.
WR: A.Cooper, M.Thomas, J.Smith-Schuster, J.Gordon, M.Williams, K.Golladay, C.Godwin, C.Kirk.
TE: E.Engram, D.Njoku, D.Goedert.
DL: K.Mack, D.Hunter, D.Ware
EDR: V.Miller
LB: T.Smith, M.Jack, D.Jones, Z.Cunningham, T.Edmunds, L.Vander Esch.
DB: B.Baker, D.James, C.Geathers.

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:41 am

I have Anderson as a bubble guy this year. Looking forward to what his preseason looks like and make a decision. Enunwa is more of a slot type imo. I could be wrong. I like the thought of Anderson growing into more.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:55 am

For the cost and likely ROI, Anderson would seem to be a much better value.

I don't think either guy will be much more than a bye week fill in at best.

DBass218
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DBass218 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:46 am

onetwothree wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:55 am For the cost and likely ROI, Anderson would seem to be a much better value.

I don't think either guy will be much more than a bye week fill in at best.
I agree with this. Although in my league they both will have more value because it's best ball format.
50 roster 8 taxi squad 10 team PPR (1pt) IDP (2pt tack/1 pt ast) Best Ball Dynasty
Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, RB/WR/TE Flex, 3DL, 4LB, 4DB
QB: Carson Wentz, Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins
RB: Devonta Freeman, Derrius Guice, Ito Smith, Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen, Chris Thompson, Jalen Richard, Ryquell Armstead, JD McKissic, James Robinson
WR: Julio Jones, Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Kenny Golladay, Christian Kirk, Terry McLaurin, Courtland Sutton, Golden Tate, Curtis Samuel, Parris Campbell, Steven Sims, Dede Westbrook
TE: Greg Olsen, Hunter Henry, Evan Engram, Dan Arnold
DL: D. Hunter, J. Allen, D. Barnett, C. Jones, C. Young, J. Epenesa
LB: Deion Jones, Fred Warner, Von Miller, Myles Jack, Anthony Barr, Kyzir White, Blake Cashman, Jayon Brown, DeVondre Campbell, Kiko, Jatavis, SDH, Hightower
DB: J.Simmons, J. Reid, V. Bell, J Tartt, Jalen Thompson, Marcus Williams, Shawn Williams, K. Willis

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:33 pm

If I had to bet on who would lead the Jets in receiving next year, I'd go with Enunwa.

crisdecamposmd
Rookie
Rookie

Postby crisdecamposmd » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:18 am

SteveVolk wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:16 am Hey, I feel like there is a serious split between the intelligentsia and the drafting masses on the matter of Quincy Enunwa V. Robby Anderson. The podcasters and analysts all bring up Anderson as a Jet to own and rarely if ever mention Enunwa. However, according to DLF ADP Anderson is the 88th receiver off the board while Enunwa logs in at 65—still too low, in my opinion, but well ahead of Robby.
My argument is that Enunwa played more than 90-percent of the Jets' offensive snaps–ie., the team likes him.
Second, they should. He was a YAC-monster last year, logging the 18th most yards after catch in the entire league. Further, his size-speed ratio is elite—one metric, I know, but an important one. I tend to gravitate toward players who have at least one element to their game of freakishness. (I drafted Bell at 1.02 in his rookie year for largely because his three cone, given his size, suggested agility more common to cats than ball carriers.)
Third, it strikes me that all this talk of the Jets cutting Eric Decker must reflect at least some belief on the team's part that they have other viable receivers already on hand. In other words, I think there is room for both Anderson and Enunwa to prove fantasy relevant. I actually see Enunwa as more of a WR4—he has no quarterback, so there's that—and an ideal spot starter in fantasy for bye weeks and the like.
Thoughts?

—Best, Steve
I own Enunwa. I have considered acquiring Anderson. I suppose it depends on the specifics of your league. I believe Enunwa is far better in my league because I think he can develop into a very dominant X WR. My league is a PPR with bonuses at 100, 150, etc. So, to me Enunwa has the potential to break tackles and make big plays, should see more targets (unless Petty gets the nod), and has much more proven production and much less risk of not playing. I do not like that Anderson is so thin, it reminds me of a DJax kind of player where they cannot break any tackles and are oft injured. I do like that Anderson seems to be a very sharp and nifty route runner.

I also believe they felt comfortable letting Marshall go because of Enunwa, not Anderson. Next year I think Anderson will be in competition for a starting spot. Enunwa is a lock.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:41 pm

I like both but prefer Anderson. Full-disclosure, I have had him on 4/6 dynasty leagues since last preseason. He has speed, swagger, and has shown a "my ball" mentality. He needs to add 15 lbs and cut out the drops, but I think his ceiling is a higher than he is getting credit for by some here.

I liked what I saw from Cam Meredith his rookie year, but didn't hold onto him because I figured he was too skinny. Then he came out a whole lot thicker his 2nd year and balled out. I have dreams of the same type of transformation for Anderson this year.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...