How Does Mike Williams Compare To His Clemson Predecessors?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Migs2k3
Rookie
Rookie

How Does Mike Williams Compare To His Clemson Predecessors?

Postby Migs2k3 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:04 pm

Hi, all

I have a new article up where I compare Mike Williams to his recent Clemson predecessors and one extra bonus WR. Feel free to comment and leave questions and I will check back to answer them. Hope you all enjoy it.

https://dynastyguruffblog.wordpress.com ... decessors/
Team 1 - 16 Team PPR
QB: Andy Dalton
WR: Jordan Matthews, Mike Evans, Tyler Lockett, Stefon Diggs, Leonte Carroo, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Brandon Marshall, Pharoh Cooper, Eli Rogers
RB: Ameer Abdullah, Duke Johnson, Frank Gore, Jamaal Charles, Charles Sims
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Vance McDonald
2017 Draft Picks: 5.65

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: How Does Mike Williams Compare To His Clemson Predecessors?

Postby onetwothree » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:04 pm

If you believe Dabo, he's better than all of them. ;)

Another popular comp making the rounds is to Treadwell but my hope would be he can be Alshon. Couple of taller WRs with questionable speed.

Still WR2 in this draft for me and no lower than 1.06 with Davis and the 4 RBs mixed in.

Migs2k3
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Migs2k3 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:40 am

I expect 99% of coaches to talk up their player to the media. Except Brian Kelly he seems to hate Kizer, lol.

I have Davis, Godwin, Zay, and JuJu ahead of MWill.
Team 1 - 16 Team PPR
WR: Jordan Matthews, Mike Evans, Tyler Lockett, Stefon Diggs, Leonte Carroo, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Brandon Marshall, Pharoh Cooper, Eli Rogers

Favrezilla
MVP
MVP

Postby Favrezilla » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:12 am

I like him as much as Corey - pre draft.

I think for Williams he'll have a harder time being fantasy relevant unless he comes in as an unquestioned WR2 for the team that drafts him. If he gets "Viking'D" I wouldn't touch him. Davis (deservably) probably gets touches no matter where he goes but I like Williams more if he goes to the right situation ala MT.

Full disclosure: I'm not a huge Corey davis fan, but they are 1&2 regardless of who you like. Godwin could be a great wr too probably deserves to be there.
T.1 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex (13th year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Stafford,
RB: Mixon, Henry, zeke, Rochon
WR: Godwin, Olave, Deebo,DJM, Dell, MW, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Musgrave

T.2 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (10th year)
QB: Burrow, Baker,Jameis, jimmy, Wentz,
RB: Saquon, Mixon, Rochon, Evans
WR: Pickens, QJ, Thielen, Arob, Juju, ODB, D. Parker, Osborn,
TE: Kincaid, Ertz, Freirmuth, Taysom, JWoods

T.3 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (3rd year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Winston, Darnald
RB: JT, Javonte,Sanders, JCook, Jamaal
WR: Godwin, Waddle, ARSB, Pittman, MW, Jameson, Zay, Claypool, Toney, Terrance
TE: Hock, Fant, McBride

Migs2k3
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Migs2k3 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:19 am

Favrezilla wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:12 am I like him as much as Corey - pre draft.

I think for Williams he'll have a harder time being fantasy relevant unless he comes in as an unquestioned WR2 for the team that drafts him. If he gets "Viking'D" I wouldn't touch him. Davis (deservably) probably gets touches no matter where he goes but I like Williams more if he goes to the right situation ala MT.

Full disclosure: I'm not a huge Corey davis fan, but they are 1&2 regardless of who you like. Godwin could be a great wr too probably deserves to be
there.
I agree with Godwin. If you haven't read my 1st article you might enjoy it. http://wp.me/p8yx82
Team 1 - 16 Team PPR

SteveVolk
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SteveVolk » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:29 am

Williams is kind of a test case of a drafting philosophy I am trying out. Williams is talented, but not overly so. The draft community seems set on Corey Davis as the elite talent and cites further players—Ross, or in some reports JuJu Smith-Schuster—as perhaps holding higher upside.
Obviously talent is huge—the foundation of any player's success. But I find myself thinking more and more about situation.
To digress a little more, Marquise Lee wound up in a difficult set of circumstances—injured, on a struggling team that had just so happened to add a lot of talent at the same position along with him. His talent, to me, was always worth that late round 1 rookie pick, but after he ended up in these bad circumstances the various podcasts, DLF, UTH, FBG, all talked about him as if he was never that talented in the first place. But here's the thing: He was. And the reason for Marquise Lee's poor production was never Marquise Lee.
To me, Williams meets the baseline level of talent necessary to become a yearly WR2. The question is only whether or not he will wind up in a situation where the quarterback and coaching staff can maximize his skills. He compares just fine to past Clemson wideouts. Think about this: What can you expect from Mike Williams if he plays with a quarterback, like Mariota, with plus-accuracy, as opposed to Watson, who required him to stretch and reach and twist and spin, oftentimes, just to graze the ball with his fingertips?

—Best, Steve