Moncrief x Parker x Coleman

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
kaius
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Moncrief x Parker x Coleman

Postby kaius » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:55 pm

Question marks and asterisks next to each of these guys, but sky's the limit depending on what evidence you choose to take as gospel. Considering all of their physical talents, team situations, and immediate and long term outlook; how would you rank them?
10-team PPR 30-man rosters QB WR (x3) RB (x2) TE W/R/T(x3) SuperFlex

QB: Wilson, Brady, Goff, Roethlisberger
WR: Green, Antonio, Julio, M. Thomas, Gordon, DT, Lockett, Godwin, Cole, Miller, Washington, C Williams, J Matthews, A Wilson, J Reynolds
RB: Gurley, Conner, L Miller, Lynch, Foreman, Martin, CJA, Kelly, Hill, McGuire, Warren
TE: Gronk, Hooper, Goedert, Paul, Gathers

12-team PPR 29-man rosters QB RB (x2) WR (x2) TE W/R/T (x3) K DEF

QB: Newton, Dalton
WR: Davis, Cooks, Lockett, Sanders, Godwin, C. Coleman, A. Miller, J. Matt, Reynolds, Darboh, Dorsett,J Watson, D. Moore
RB: Kamara, Mixon, Cook, RoJo, Yeldon, Barber, L. Murray, Walton, Scarbrough, Tavon
TE: Graham, Ebron, Goedert, Shaheen, Vannett, Gathers
K: Crosby
DEF: Denver, Carolina, Cincinnatti

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Moncrief x Parker x Coleman

Postby Servo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:04 pm

You'd feel that at this point, Coleman has the clear cut opportunity to become his team's true WR1....I guess it would be contingent upon whether or not you believe he is capable.

Moncrief is entering Year 4 and will be 24 at the start of this season....everyone has been waiting....will Kamar Aiken take his spot? Will Dorsett step up to his 1st Round pedigree? A story like Davante Adams may tell you to not write off someone just yet but how many times will we expect Moncrief to actually progress?

kaius
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kaius » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:36 pm

Yeah, Moncrief is the one who puzzles me most. Limited playing time and touchdown dependent fantasy production (as if TDs are a bad thing). He's yet to finish out top-30 yet many have no issue ranking him top 20 overall Dynasty asset. He has the best QB situation, but he's clearly second fiddle to Hilton and has Dorset and now Aiken on his heels. Can he stay healthy and keep up the TD rate?

I feel like Coleman has a clear path to WR1 status (no one to really compete with for targets and could take the Pryor move as a vote of confidence), but he doesn't have a QB and that's a little bit important for most WRs. Will being a Brown hold him back or will Hue Jackson make the Percy Harvin comparisons more than just hype?

Parker has all of the physical tools and ball-hawk, bully-ball, big-play ability, but has to compete with Landry (who is a much more polished WR) and has had his work ethic called out by his head coach. Human highlight reel with your typical "alpha wideout" personality traits. He showed his potential at the end of his rookie year and then his 2016 took the air out of our sails. Can he back up his hype?
10-team PPR 30-man rosters QB WR (x3) RB (x2) TE W/R/T(x3) SuperFlex

QB: Wilson, Brady, Goff, Roethlisberger
WR: Green, Antonio, Julio, M. Thomas, Gordon, DT, Lockett, Godwin, Cole, Miller, Washington, C Williams, J Matthews, A Wilson, J Reynolds
RB: Gurley, Conner, L Miller, Lynch, Foreman, Martin, CJA, Kelly, Hill, McGuire, Warren
TE: Gronk, Hooper, Goedert, Paul, Gathers

12-team PPR 29-man rosters QB RB (x2) WR (x2) TE W/R/T (x3) K DEF

QB: Newton, Dalton
WR: Davis, Cooks, Lockett, Sanders, Godwin, C. Coleman, A. Miller, J. Matt, Reynolds, Darboh, Dorsett,J Watson, D. Moore
RB: Kamara, Mixon, Cook, RoJo, Yeldon, Barber, L. Murray, Walton, Scarbrough, Tavon
TE: Graham, Ebron, Goedert, Shaheen, Vannett, Gathers
K: Crosby
DEF: Denver, Carolina, Cincinnatti

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:53 am

Coleman and Parker have a shot. Parker has his well known work ethics delimas, nutrition/workout problems, etc. But we have all seen the talent. Same with Coleman when it comes to talent, we have all seen it, just the team needs to get things together. These two players can actually succeed if things fall in line.

Moncrief, however, just no way. Just watch his film. No talent. Baby hands. Cant catch a damn thing. He flat out sucks. People arguing for him, see his stats and situation, but dont actually watch his film and its apparent.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:49 pm

It's between Coleman and Parker for me. If Cleveland gets a decent QB, I'll take Coleman.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:08 am

Ryantacular wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:53 am Moncrief, however, just no way. Just watch his film. No talent. Baby hands. Cant catch a damn thing. He flat out sucks. People arguing for him, see his stats and situation, but dont actually watch his film and its apparent.
People, just FYI, I have Ryantacular's personal home address on file, in case anyone wants to egg it or TP it. Message me!

:lol:
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:10 am

1. Parker I would pay the 1.06 for EASILY
2. Coleman I would pay the 1.06 or 1.07 for but I think he has a SLIGHTLY lower career ceiling

3. Moncrief I would pay a late First, say 1.11 or 12. He has as high of a floor as the others, but not the ceiling IMO.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:18 am

Coleman is the most talented of the group and the only one of the 3 I would want on my team. His value seems pretty depressed right now as somehow people seem to think he's worth a lower pick in this year's class than last year's which is just absurd.

Parker and Moncrief both seem to be valued higher than either will ever produce. Both are behind clearly better options in their respective offenses and both have failed to produce well enough or consistently enough to ever yield the right return on value. I'd be selling either of them at current market prices.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:45 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:08 am
Ryantacular wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:53 am Moncrief, however, just no way. Just watch his film. No talent. Baby hands. Cant catch a damn thing. He flat out sucks. People arguing for him, see his stats and situation, but dont actually watch his film and its apparent.
People, just FYI, I have Ryantacular's personal home address on file, in case anyone wants to egg it or TP it. Message me!

:lol:
Lukky is my psycho ex, who I'm still in love with. Please dont get my address from him, he's already posted on CL.

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:22 pm

I think I am going to choose Coleman of the three, but I might have a different answer tomorrow morning.

senska11
Role Player
Role Player

Postby senska11 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:33 am

Coleman, Moncrief, Parker. Coleman way ahead of the other two who are both close.