Where should Beast Mode be drafted Rookie/FA draft

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
bob b
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Where should Beast Mode be drafted Rookie/FA draft

Postby bob b » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:21 am

An oftentimes forgotten part of a Dynasty Rookie/Free agent draft are free agents. If Marshawn Lynch does "un-retire" and does play for the Oakland Raiders in 2017 and assuming he is not on anyone's roster in your league, where will you draft him, high 1st round, mid 1st round, late 1st round, 2nd round, or later?

Obviously a lot depends on how he looks in training camp, however, as it sits now, assuming he is added to the Oakland roster, where should he be drafted??

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Where should Beast Mode be drafted Rookie/FA draft

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:07 am

For me the answer would heavily depend on my roster construction, roster size (what kind of players are available as free agents), the starting requirements for RB in my league, my depth at the position, and whether or not I saw myself as a contender. All of these factors would need to be weighed.
That being said, in a vacuum and assuming I'm a contender for the season and want to improve my RB depth or keep him from a competitors squad, I'd personally start considering a Lynch rental late in the 1st/early in the second.
If I'm not contending, I pass completely.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:48 am

I was lucky enough to pick him up off waivers before they closed for the season. However if he were in a rookie draft I think he would be probably the 3rd best running back option behind Fournette and Cook. I say that because when he finally becomes a Raider he will be running behind one of the best O-Lines in the league, and if he doesn't have too much rust on him he should have refreshed legs. Like the guy said before late first early second, but I don't seem him going later than that.

Best guess is that you would likely have him for a year or two before he decides to retire again and each owner will have to decide if they are comfortable with that.
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
10 team PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Kicker, 1 Def/St) 27 man roster limit:
Qb Josh Allen, Joe Burrow
RB Jonathan Taylor, Christian McCaffery, Dalvin Cook, Saquon Barkley, Jk Dobbins, Gus Edwards, Eno Benjamin
WR Cooper Kupp, Michael Thomas, Chris Godwin, Juju Smith-Shuster, Brandon Aiyuk, Calvin Ridley (S), Zay Jones, Lavishka Shenault, Terrace Marshall,
TE George Kittle, Darren Waller, Pat Freiermuth
K Justin Tucker
Def/St Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers

Possibly competitive team
QB: DeShaun Watson, Daniel Jones, Cj Stroud
RB: Breece Hall, Travis Etienne, JK Dobbins, JaVonte Williams, Latavius Murray, Gus Edwards, Kenny McIntosh
WR: Calvin Ridley, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Olave, Michael Thomas, Garrett Wilson, Darnell Mooney, Romeo Doubs, Terrace Marshall, Justyn Ross, Kayshoun Boutte, Puka Nacka
TE: Kyle Pitts, Zach Ertz, Darren Waller, Tucker Kraft
K: Justin Tucker
D/St: Bills, Bucs

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:08 pm

I think it'd come down to the whole Contender or Pretender/Rebuilder aspect. I'd imagine a winning team that may be thin at RB would have no problem drafting Lynch with a late 1st but even with him "resting" a year, Lynch was already dinged up enough as it is......

That's why to me, It'd make no sense as a rebuilder to take him until late Round 2 or early Round 3...which again, probably isn't realistic.

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:27 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:07 am For me the answer would heavily depend on my roster construction, roster size (what kind of players are available as free agents), the starting requirements for RB in my league, my depth at the position, and whether or not I saw myself as a contender. All of these factors would need to be weighed.
That being said, in a vacuum and assuming I'm a contender for the season and want to improve my RB depth or keep him from a competitors squad, I'd personally start considering a Lynch rental late in the 1st/early in the second.
If I'm not contending, I pass completely.
I agree with this.

I'm drafting 1.08 and am probably not a true contender for a championship, but can make the playoffs. I will likely pass and give it a lot of consideration in round 2 if he were to make it to me. However, the guy drafting 1.11 in my league needs a quality RB he can trust to put him right there for a title. I would bet he is willing to pull the trigger.
12 Team Superflex; RB: .25PPC, 1PPR, WR: 1.25PPR, TE:1.5PPR
Start (10) 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Superflex, 4FLEX

QB: Watson, Tagovailoa Garopollo, Minshew, J Hall, Winston, S Bennett, T Hill
RB: Hall, Walker, A Jones, K Miller, Ford, Spiller, Tucker
WR: Chase, Lamb, AJ Brown, Aiyuk Metcalf, Ridley, Palmer, Shaheed, Iosivas, RJarrett
TE: McBride, , Engram, Kraft, Otton, Oliver

2023 Champ
2024 1.03, 3.01, 3.03
2025 1st 2nd 3rd
2026 2nd 3rd

jryanw
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jryanw » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:28 pm

For me bottom of the 1st is where he should be valued. He won't make it past 1.07 in my league though and prob not in most non ppr to 0.5 ppr leagues.
Happy to Take a Rebound Gurley
2016 League Champ
Dynasy League. 5 round rookie/FA draft. Heading into year 3.
10 team league. 0.5 ppr. 0.2pprush 5pt bonus for 100yds rec/rush 10 pts for 200yds rec/rush 6pts rush/rec td
2.5 points 300 yds passing 5 points 400 yds passing 4pts passing td.
Start 2QBs, 3 RBs, 4WRs, 1Flex, 1TE, 1D/ST, 2DPs, 1K.
QBs- Brees, cousins, Tannehill
RBs-L.Bell, Gurley, Freeman, J. Howard Lat Murray, Yeldon, Montgomery(also WR), K. Marshall
WRs-OBJ, Coop, ARob, S. Watkins, L. Fitz, Moncrief, Cobb, Perriman, DGB
TEs- Ertz, Julius Thomas
D/ST Cheifs K-Bryant, DP-Zach Brown, Landon Collins
1.05, 2.05, 2.10, 4.10, 5.10
2 2018 1st

LondonMonarchs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby LondonMonarchs » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:19 am

Luckily I have a FA draft after our Rookie draft. It would be between Torrey Smith and Lynch in that particular draft....I would be tempted to pick Lynch up and flip him straight away (before he gets injured in week 5) given my team situation of a heavy rebuild (team 1 in sig).
12 TE Prem - Orphan Full rebuild :!:
QB - S.Darnold, D.Lock
RB - J. Taylor, CEH, K. Hunt, A.McFarland, R.Armstead, D.Evans, D. Dallas, L.Bowden
WR - C. Lamb, J.Jeudy, J. Jefferson, H. Ruggs, D.Mims, L.Shenault, P.Campbell, Z.Pascal, A. Lazard
TE - T.Hockenson, B.Jarwin, D.Knox, J.Smith
2x 2021 1st

12team, PPR, SF
QB-RBx2-WRx2-SF-FLX
QB - Baker, Prescott, Stidham
RB - D.Freeman,A.Jones, Jam.Williams, R.JIII, K.Balage, G.Edwards
WR -Evans, Smith-Schuster, Golladay, C. Godwin, T.Higgins, A. Lazard
TE - D. Waller, I.Thomas