Mixon vs Fournette vs Cook

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Who's the most talented?

Fournette
45%
Mixon
47%
Cook
8%

Total votes: 146

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Re: Mixon vs Fournette vs Cook

Postby James McGhee » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:03 pm

CM21VE wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:10 pm
briank wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:25 pm I have a feeling Mixon will be grossly over drafted in fantasy leagues.
Watch Voch lombardi's video on mixon...
Interesting watch. Like the breakdown.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

MichaelScarn
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MichaelScarn » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:31 am

I will be taking Fournette at 1, Mixon at 3 (owner of 2 is going rb so i'm betting he'll take Cook), leftover of Davis/Williams/Mccaffrey at 6.
10 Team SuperFlex PPR
QB: Herbert/Cousins/Fitz/Z Wilson
RB: Barkley/Dobbins/Gibson/Dillon/Etienne/Edmonds/Michel/Lindsay/Kelley/T Jones/Evans/Hyde
WR: Robinson/Moore/Sutton/Boyd/Gallup/Slayton/Harry//R Moore/Eskridge/A St. Brown/Collins
TE: Goedert/Thomas/Njoku/Pitts

10 Team Standard
QB: Herbert/Hurts
RB: A Jones/Sanders/Akers/Hunt/Fournette/McKissic/Snell
WR: Hill/Hopkins/Evans/JuJu/Thielen/Parker/Shenault/Hamler/Edwards/D Smith/E Moore
TE: Fant/Goedert/Ertz/Howard

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:36 am

chipadelphia wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:31 am I will be taking Fournette at 1, Mixon at 3 (owner of 2 is going rb so i'm betting he'll take Cook), leftover of Davis/Williams/Mccaffrey at 6.
In standard scoring I prefer Mixon over Cook, How do you know the owner of the #2 pick will pick Cook?

MichaelScarn
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MichaelScarn » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:48 am

IBall2 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:36 am
chipadelphia wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:31 am I will be taking Fournette at 1, Mixon at 3 (owner of 2 is going rb so i'm betting he'll take Cook), leftover of Davis/Williams/Mccaffrey at 6.
In standard scoring I prefer Mixon over Cook, How do you know the owner of the #2 pick will pick Cook?

I'm assuming he will. I tried to move from 3 to his 2 spot but he said he wasn't trading it because he needed one of the top two backs. Knowing the owner I highly doubt he'll take Mixon. I have a shot of still landing Davis/Williams at 6 with 4 leaning Williams and a desperate need at WR, and I won't be shocked if owner 5 takes Mcaffrey as he always takes a back in the 1st round.
10 Team SuperFlex PPR
QB: Herbert/Cousins/Fitz/Z Wilson
RB: Barkley/Dobbins/Gibson/Dillon/Etienne/Edmonds/Michel/Lindsay/Kelley/T Jones/Evans/Hyde
WR: Robinson/Moore/Sutton/Boyd/Gallup/Slayton/Harry//R Moore/Eskridge/A St. Brown/Collins
TE: Goedert/Thomas/Njoku/Pitts

10 Team Standard
QB: Herbert/Hurts
RB: A Jones/Sanders/Akers/Hunt/Fournette/McKissic/Snell
WR: Hill/Hopkins/Evans/JuJu/Thielen/Parker/Shenault/Hamler/Edwards/D Smith/E Moore
TE: Fant/Goedert/Ertz/Howard

yitzchaks
Starter
Starter

Postby yitzchaks » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:27 pm

I have 1.01 and as of now taking fournette, pretty easy choice, he seems to have the highest upside of the 3 backs and I always try and get the biggest return on my gamble so unless something changes drastically after the draft, like anyone on the Jets, my choice in fournette
12 Team, 20 Keepers, .5 PPR (year 15) rebuild year 1
START: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, FLEX (WR/RB/TE), DEF

SIG 1
QB: J. Brisett,S. Ehlinger
RB: C. Edmonds, S. Michel, T. Sermon, C. Huntley, j. McKinnon, N. Hines, K. Ingram, R. Blackshear,
WR: AJ. Brown, J. Williams, T. Mclaurin, M. Gallup, D. Mooney, M. Hardman
TE: I. Smith, D. Njoku, I. Likely, C. Otton
DEF: IND

12 team, 20 Keepers, .5 PPR (year 1)
START: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, FLEX (WR/RB/TE), K, DEF

QB: M. Stafford, G. Smith, C. Wentz
RB: D. Swift, CMC, S. Barkley, J. Williams (det), D. Harris, C. Huntley, S. Michel, J. Kelley
WR:D. Johnson, J. Waddle M. Williams, H. Renfrow, DVP
TE: D. Schultz, G. Everett, R. Tonyan
K: Y. Koo
DEF: BUF GB

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:48 am

Bnew_7 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:05 pm
IBall2 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:15 am I have picks #1 and #2 in my rookie draft (0.3 PPR league) and I'm leaning towards picking Fournette and Mixon at this moment but the NFL draft will be a big factor In making my decision. If Cook slides in the draft and Mixon is picked in the 2nd round, I think that will solidify my picks of Fournette and Mixon. If Cook is still picked in the top 15 and Mixon slides to the 4th round or later, I will be on the fence again and not sure who I'll be picking.
You'll know who to draft after you see where each guy is drafted and their depth charts. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the 3, but destinations can solidify the pecking order.
if you believe , and it isn't without some merit, that he is as talented as zeke then even depth chart/destination wouldn't matter unless he ended up in dallas pittsburgh or arizona as he would quickly scale any other depth chart and be the guy .
If I am drafting for a team that has plenty of rb talent I take mixon as if he is the true 1:1 he is worth it and I have some depth and can wait a bit . If I needed a guy asap then lenny , cook then mixon . He will get drafted but the media crush due to the cafe incident could wear anyone out and lead to tons of distractions causing loss of focus or even for a contending to keep him out of the limelight a bit early on in his career .
His risk lies in two areas , one in a repeated off the field lapse where he will have a shorter leash than most players and two the media scrutiny may envelope the kid if his new team doesn't buffer some of the backlash.
I would like to know where the legions of SJW have gone that as recently as christmas were saying he would go undrafted and never play a down in the league they seem to have scurried off to their deepest bunkers lately.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Sgtpsych
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sgtpsych » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:00 am

Really thinking about Fournette with my 1.01. Not sure what to do with my 1.02 and 1.05. Maybe Davis at 2? I seem fine at wr.
Team 1-
12 team standard dynasty 6 pt - td, .1 per rushing yd, .1 per receiving yd. .04 per passing yd , 24 player roster
1 qb, 2 RB, 2 wr, 1 TE, 2 flex
QB-Russell Wilson, Tom Brady
RB-Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt,Thomas Rawls,Jerick McKinnon, Chris Carson, TJ Yeldon, Aaron Jones
WR-OBJ, AJG, NUK, ARob, Mike Williams, Josh Gordon, Marqise Lee, Willie Snead
TE- Jimmy Graham, Coby Fleener, George Kittle, Tyler Kroft
K- Harrison Butker
D-Carolina Panthers, Jags
2018 1st and 4th

Team 2-
QB- Winston, Prescott, Flacco
RB- Freeman, Fournette, Montgomery, Murray, Yeldon, Hightower, Washington, Procise, Lacy, Starks, Conner
WR- NUK, Doctson, Ross, Aghlor, Treadwell
TE - Engram, Davis
D- Giants,Chiefs
K- Gostkowski

kasermap
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kasermap » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:50 am

Sgtpsych wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:00 am Really thinking about Fournette with my 1.01. Not sure what to do with my 1.02 and 1.05. Maybe Davis at 2? I seem fine at wr.
If you go Mixon at 2 then there is a chance the next two picks would be Cook and Williams/Davis, leaving you the remaining WR at 5.

Sgtpsych
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sgtpsych » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:09 am

kasermap wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:50 am
Sgtpsych wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:00 am Really thinking about Fournette with my 1.01. Not sure what to do with my 1.02 and 1.05. Maybe Davis at 2? I seem fine at wr.
If you go Mixon at 2 then there is a chance the next two picks would be Cook and Williams/Davis, leaving you the remaining WR at 5.
So it sounds better to still take Cook at t
1.02. And grab what is leftover from Davis, Williams and Mixon.
Team 1-
12 team standard dynasty 6 pt - td, .1 per rushing yd, .1 per receiving yd. .04 per passing yd , 24 player roster
1 qb, 2 RB, 2 wr, 1 TE, 2 flex
QB-Russell Wilson, Tom Brady
RB-Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt,Thomas Rawls,Jerick McKinnon, Chris Carson, TJ Yeldon, Aaron Jones
WR-OBJ, AJG, NUK, ARob, Mike Williams, Josh Gordon, Marqise Lee, Willie Snead
TE- Jimmy Graham, Coby Fleener, George Kittle, Tyler Kroft
K- Harrison Butker
D-Carolina Panthers, Jags
2018 1st and 4th

Team 2-
QB- Winston, Prescott, Flacco
RB- Freeman, Fournette, Montgomery, Murray, Yeldon, Hightower, Washington, Procise, Lacy, Starks, Conner
WR- NUK, Doctson, Ross, Aghlor, Treadwell
TE - Engram, Davis
D- Giants,Chiefs
K- Gostkowski

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:18 am

I have this same dilemma as I also own the 1.01, 1.02 and 1.05. Right now I'm fairly confident I'll take fournette at 1.01, then it's up to my choice of Cook/Davis/Mixon. I know the guy at 1.03 wan't Davis and I could use some WR depth. The guy at 1.04 needs RB help.

I could see this playing out a few ways but In the end it looks like I'm most likely picking Williams at 1.05 unless the owner of the 1.04 likes Williams more than Cook/Mixon which I don't think many do.

FinnDyn
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby FinnDyn » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:05 am

if Mixon lands in Indy and Fournette or Cook land in less appealing spots, maybe Mixon can climb to 1.01 in rookie drafts? Otherwise I see him being 3rd option. I am hoping he is available at 1.06 in my draft if Mike Williams has a killer pro day and drafted high.

Dyno_7
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dyno_7 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:51 am

Assuming you don't have a glaring need at any one position, If I had the 1.01, 1.02 & 1.05 I'd go Fournette, Mixon first. Taking Mixon before Cook would almost surely force someone to take him at 3 or 4 leaving a top WR at 1.05. Unless you need 2 WR's, it doesn't get much prettier than that.
TEAMS 1&2: 10tm. Non-PPR +IDP.
Starters: 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1K-2DL-1EDR-3LB-3DB

TEAM 1:
QB: C.Wentz, P.Rivers, J.Rosen, L.Jackson.
RB: J.Mixon, L.Fournette, J.Howard, D.Williams
WR: O.BeckhamJr, M.Thomas, S.Diggs, J.Smith-Schuster, S.Watkins, C.Godwin, C.Sutton.
TE: Z.Ertz, M.Gesicki, G.Kittle.
DL: D.Hunter, D.Barnett, C.Jones.
EDR: H.Landry.
LB: M.Jack, Z.Cunningham, A.Williamson, L.Vander Esch, C.Littleton.
DB: R.Jones, B.McDougald, S.Williams.

TEAM 2:
QB: D.Watson.
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, C.Hyde, N.Chubb, A.Jones.
WR: A.Cooper, M.Thomas, J.Smith-Schuster, J.Gordon, M.Williams, K.Golladay, C.Godwin, C.Kirk.
TE: E.Engram, D.Njoku, D.Goedert.
DL: K.Mack, D.Hunter, D.Ware
EDR: V.Miller
LB: T.Smith, M.Jack, D.Jones, Z.Cunningham, T.Edmunds, L.Vander Esch.
DB: B.Baker, D.James, C.Geathers.

NumberKruncher
Rookie
Rookie

Postby NumberKruncher » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Traded up for the 1.04 hoping he falls to me there. I got Elliot last year and would love that pair at RB. Landing spot will have a lot to do with it. I live in Tally and Cook has been great and despite the combine I think he will be a good all around back and great in ppr formats. I figured at 4 I get one of the top rb's.

I do think Mixon is the best talent and if a team takes him high in the draft I'd take him 1.01. Where he gets drafted will tell the story on how teams view him.
12 Team ppr (1.5 ppr for Te's) 20 man rosters post season cut to 16 (14 players + D + K
Starts 1qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 2 flex (rb wr te), 1 te and one K and one D
QB Winston
RB Zeke, Ware, Yeldon,
WR OBJ, Jordy Nelson, D. Thomas, Alshon, Pryor, Cam Meredith, Tyler Boyd, Malcolm Mitchell
TE Delaine Walker Austin Hooper

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:36 pm

Judging by the poll results and Corey Davis love - the 1.04 spot may be the best place to target and get the steal of all steals in Cook.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

jra47
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jra47 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:00 pm

funny on all the non cook love when fournette the one the did not play in the bowl game for draft prep reasons but he did not do all the drills@ the combine lol and cook getting knock for doing the drills at the combine (i am aware not a good showing) but are u sure fournette would have tested well is the ? just saying .......based on 3 year production cook has shown the most consistency and have gotten stronger YOY