Mixon vs Fournette vs Cook

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Who's the most talented?

Fournette
45%
Mixon
47%
Cook
8%

Total votes: 146

DYNASTY BALLA$
Starter
Starter

Re: Mixon vs Fournette vs Cook

Postby DYNASTY BALLA$ » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:24 pm

Loving this thread since I hold the 3, 5 and 6 picks for my only rebuild team. I think based on talent you can make a claim for Mixon, but Fournette is still the most physically gifted of the top 3 RB that everyone here is talking about here. He seemed to do fine in pass catching at the LSU pro day, so that isn't as much a concern for me as it for others. Ankle injury vs chronic shoulder injury vs a one time bad/hasty decision... weighing it that way, I would side with Mixon over Cook, but Fournette over the other two.

Everything will change by April 30th. I look forward to revisiting this thread after all 3 players in question have been drafted. I'm just curious, what happens if Christian McCaffrey is drafted by the Eagles or Indy.. does he then get in the mix? The thing we need to voice more often is if our opinions are based on overall perceived talent, or dynasty projections... and if dynasty projections are they PPR heavy?
FFPC $2500 #6 ~ 12 team PPR/QB/TE1.5
QB: Josh Allen
RB: CMC, Zeke, Spears, Mattison, Justice Hill
WR: Kupp, Tyreek, Diggs, DSmith, MWilliams
TE: Andrews, Ferguson

FFPC $2500 #5 ~ 12 team PPR/QB/TE1.5 (2021 Champ)
QB: Josh Allen
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Ekeler, Monty, Achane,
WR: Kupp, Pittman, Amari, Ridley, Lockett
TE: Andrews, Ferguson

FFPC $750 #46 ~ 12 team PPR/QB/TE1.5
QB: Mahomes
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Saquon, Kyren, Javonte
WR: Tyreek, Kupp, Waddle, Wan'Dale
TE: Hock, LaPorta

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:15 pm

Fournette for me.

LondonMonarchs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby LondonMonarchs » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:10 am

Fournette for me.....very tempted by Mixon though. I wish I had 1.01 & 1.03 rather than 1.01 & 1.04.
12 TE Prem - Orphan Full rebuild :!:
QB - S.Darnold, D.Lock
RB - J. Taylor, CEH, K. Hunt, A.McFarland, R.Armstead, D.Evans, D. Dallas, L.Bowden
WR - C. Lamb, J.Jeudy, J. Jefferson, H. Ruggs, D.Mims, L.Shenault, P.Campbell, Z.Pascal, A. Lazard
TE - T.Hockenson, B.Jarwin, D.Knox, J.Smith
2x 2021 1st

12team, PPR, SF
QB-RBx2-WRx2-SF-FLX
QB - Baker, Prescott, Stidham
RB - D.Freeman,A.Jones, Jam.Williams, R.JIII, K.Balage, G.Edwards
WR -Evans, Smith-Schuster, Golladay, C. Godwin, T.Higgins, A. Lazard
TE - D. Waller, I.Thomas

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:43 am

I usually add 0.1 seconds to pro day 40 results, so it's Fournette for me. Mixon is probably my number two RB.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:17 am

Like a few of you, my main problems are focused on two primary issues: #1 What do with the picks I have in the tier 1 zone (respectively in my 8 leagues I have, 1.5 in an RSO, 1.1-1.4 and 1.6 in a dynasty, 1.1,1.3, and 1.6 in another dynasty, 1.3 and 1.6 in a third dynasty 1.4 in a fourth dynasty, and 1.5 in a fifth dynasty league), and #2 how to finally settle on a ranking of the RB's, and Mike Williams.

For now I have:
1. Corey Davis
2. Joe Mixon
3. L. Fournette
4. D. Cook
5. C. McCaffrey
6. M. Williams

But I'm not remotely settled on that. Cooks awful combine has put a question mark in my rankings, but I also have a litany of big games where he absolutely destroyed defenses (including Clemson twice, Miami twice, Florida twice, Michigan in the Orange Bowl, an interesting game against North Carolina early in the season (246 total yards and 3 TD's) and against Louisville in '15 but not '16 (they were blown off the field so the poor game is understandable).

Now no doubt you can trash Cook for what feels like an inexplicable combine performance (if you've watched him actually play, it's hard to make sense of how bad he tested), but how do you reconcile that with his outrageously impactful performance against elite teams with loads of NFL prospects on defense in Clemson, Florida, and Michigan, and to a lesser extent, Miami. Are we supposed to give up on Cook because of the tests? I'm a big believer in the importance of the 3 cone, and the combine, but knowing that FSU's line play has not been what it once was during the bulk of Cook's time there, it underlines how hugely impressive he was as FSU's starting tailback. He destroyed every good team he ever played against with the exception of Louisiville in '16 and Houston in their bowl game following the '15 season, both of which can somewhat be explained (Louisville jumped out to an early 14-0 lead, extended it to 35-10 before the half and that was all she wrote, same deal with the bowl game where FSU slept walked through the first half and quickly fell behind 21-3 to Houston before again, being forced to throw all game).

If Cook destroyed the best teams on FSU's schedule, and he did with consistency, and multiple times in the case of Miami, Clemson and Florida, and his line play isn't elite, and he isn't a system back in the way Wisconsin can produce them, then how much should his combine matter and how far she he fall because of it?

At present I think Mixon is probably the most talented, but has immense baggage, and his slotting will be dependent on where he's drafted in a few weeks. So after that you have to decide on whether Fournette's uneven production, and I Formation inflexibility with said production is a warning sign, or whether you should focus on what he did early on, and his recruiting pedigree which predicted the insane production, and why Fournette showed up only occasionally in big games compared to Cook, and never in the biggest of them (absolutely annhilated in both Alabama games for instance). How much of that is based on the bad playcalling, dreadful QB play, and inferiority of LSU's line play when facing Alabama? That's where I have an issue. Fournette didn't destroy the combine, all he did was run a great forty for his side. Much like Cook, Fournette's agility drills were not impressive, and he skipped the 3 cone as well.

So for now, I'm definitely having an exceedingly difficult time deciding what to do with my orphan team in particular that has 1.1, 1.3, and 1.6. I'm probably going to go Corey Davis at 1.1, but at 1.3 it will be very difficult to decide. My team with the 1.1-1.4 is interesting because I have to choose which player to leave out of the top 4 amongst Cook, Mixon, and McCaffrey because I can only grab 2 of the 3.

Really tough time deciding this. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Cook ends up the best back in this class, ditto Mixon. Fournette would surprise me because of his greater dependence on situation (I think Cook and Mixon can work on a lot more teams than Fournette can). Doubling the interest is the fact that Cook and Mixon are nearly guaranteed to land on teams that either made the playoffs or were in contention, and Mixon might too, while Fournette will either land in a dumpster fire, or escape with a team that surprisingly fell off in '16 (a squad like Carolina comes to mind as it has seemingly everywhere).

I think there will be a ton of posting in this thread once we finally see the landing spots. If Cook, Mixon and McCaffrey land on playoff caliber teams where each could be a bell cow, and on teams that like to throw to backs, i think all 3 could end up ahead of Fournette pending his landing spot. Just imagine Cooks in Green Bay, Mixon with the Giants or with Washington, and McCaffrey on the Colts. these kinds of scenarios could happen. The zone where these guys are likely to go (about 10-45) include offenses like Washington, NYG, Philly, New Orleans, Indy, Las Vegas Raiders etc, teams where an elite back could completely blow everyone away). If Fournette lands in NYJ, it's a total disaster, Jacksonville, not necessairly so considering the quality pass catching weapons (the OL, and QB problems would hamstring him, but not nearly so badly as the situation would in NYJ).

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:47 am

stoneghost28 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:17 am Like a few of you, my main problems are focused on two primary issues: #1 What do with the picks I have in the tier 1 zone (respectively in my 8 leagues I have, 1.5 in an RSO, 1.1-1.4 and 1.6 in a dynasty, 1.1,1.3, and 1.6 in another dynasty, 1.3 and 1.6 in a third dynasty 1.4 in a fourth dynasty, and 1.5 in a fifth dynasty league), and #2 how to finally settle on a ranking of the RB's, and Mike Williams.

For now I have:
1. Corey Davis
2. Joe Mixon
3. L. Fournette
4. D. Cook
5. C. McCaffrey
6. M. Williams

But I'm not remotely settled on that. Cooks awful combine has put a question mark in my rankings, but I also have a litany of big games where he absolutely destroyed defenses (including Clemson twice, Miami twice, Florida twice, Michigan in the Orange Bowl, an interesting game against North Carolina early in the season (246 total yards and 3 TD's) and against Louisville in '15 but not '16 (they were blown off the field so the poor game is understandable).

Now no doubt you can trash Cook for what feels like an inexplicable combine performance (if you've watched him actually play, it's hard to make sense of how bad he tested), but how do you reconcile that with his outrageously impactful performance against elite teams with loads of NFL prospects on defense in Clemson, Florida, and Michigan, and to a lesser extent, Miami. Are we supposed to give up on Cook because of the tests? I'm a big believer in the importance of the 3 cone, and the combine, but knowing that FSU's line play has not been what it once was during the bulk of Cook's time there, it underlines how hugely impressive he was as FSU's starting tailback. He destroyed every good team he ever played against with the exception of Louisiville in '16 and Houston in their bowl game following the '15 season, both of which can somewhat be explained (Louisville jumped out to an early 14-0 lead, extended it to 35-10 before the half and that was all she wrote, same deal with the bowl game where FSU slept walked through the first half and quickly fell behind 21-3 to Houston before again, being forced to throw all game).

If Cook destroyed the best teams on FSU's schedule, and he did with consistency, and multiple times in the case of Miami, Clemson and Florida, and his line play isn't elite, and he isn't a system back in the way Wisconsin can produce them, then how much should his combine matter and how far she he fall because of it?

At present I think Mixon is probably the most talented, but has immense baggage, and his slotting will be dependent on where he's drafted in a few weeks. So after that you have to decide on whether Fournette's uneven production, and I Formation inflexibility with said production is a warning sign, or whether you should focus on what he did early on, and his recruiting pedigree which predicted the insane production, and why Fournette showed up only occasionally in big games compared to Cook, and never in the biggest of them (absolutely annhilated in both Alabama games for instance). How much of that is based on the bad playcalling, dreadful QB play, and inferiority of LSU's line play when facing Alabama? That's where I have an issue. Fournette didn't destroy the combine, all he did was run a great forty for his side. Much like Cook, Fournette's agility drills were not impressive, and he skipped the 3 cone as well.

So for now, I'm definitely having an exceedingly difficult time deciding what to do with my orphan team in particular that has 1.1, 1.3, and 1.6. I'm probably going to go Corey Davis at 1.1, but at 1.3 it will be very difficult to decide. My team with the 1.1-1.4 is interesting because I have to choose which player to leave out of the top 4 amongst Cook, Mixon, and McCaffrey because I can only grab 2 of the 3.

Really tough time deciding this. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Cook ends up the best back in this class, ditto Mixon. Fournette would surprise me because of his greater dependence on situation (I think Cook and Mixon can work on a lot more teams than Fournette can). Doubling the interest is the fact that Cook and Mixon are nearly guaranteed to land on teams that either made the playoffs or were in contention, and Mixon might too, while Fournette will either land in a dumpster fire, or escape with a team that surprisingly fell off in '16 (a squad like Carolina comes to mind as it has seemingly everywhere).

I think there will be a ton of posting in this thread once we finally see the landing spots. If Cook, Mixon and McCaffrey land on playoff caliber teams where each could be a bell cow, and on teams that like to throw to backs, i think all 3 could end up ahead of Fournette pending his landing spot. Just imagine Cooks in Green Bay, Mixon with the Giants or with Washington, and McCaffrey on the Colts. these kinds of scenarios could happen. The zone where these guys are likely to go (about 10-45) include offenses like Washington, NYG, Philly, New Orleans, Indy, Las Vegas Raiders etc, teams where an elite back could completely blow everyone away). If Fournette lands in NYJ, it's a total disaster, Jacksonville, not necessairly so considering the quality pass catching weapons (the OL, and QB problems would hamstring him, but not nearly so badly as the situation would in NYJ).
Fantastic post. Thank you! I really appreciated the points you made in the bolded area.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

CM21VE
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CM21VE » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:07 pm

Think it's still Mixon for me, then fournette
Team 1 (12 team

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:27 pm

If Mixon didn't have the off field issue's it's amazing how high he would have gone. Now it comes down to where he is drafted and landing spot.

joshnco
Role Player
Role Player

Postby joshnco » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:13 pm

I think Cook lost the most value with Mixon not too far behind him. I can't imagine Mixon staying out of trouble being in the same locker room and Burkett and Pacman Jones. CMac was the big winner. They will give the kid 15 touches a game minimum. That alone gives him rb1 upside. I see Fournette/Davis/CMac all in one tier.
14 Team PPR Dynasty - Red Dynasty 2nd Season- 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, DSP 1.5PPR TE's

10 Team PPR Dynasty - Chosen Ones 3rd Season- 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, K, D

2013 Champs; 2012 Runner-up **BEST DYNASTY TEAM OF ALL-TIME!! Well, its' a 10 teamer :)

blacklab1010
Captain
Captain

Postby blacklab1010 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:16 am

joshnco wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:13 pm I think Cook lost the most value with Mixon not too far behind him. I can't imagine Mixon staying out of trouble being in the same locker room and Burkett and Pacman Jones. CMac was the big winner. They will give the kid 15 touches a game minimum. That alone gives him rb1 upside. I see Fournette/Davis/CMac all in one tier.
I would agree he lost some value, this is tough. I have the 1.04 and our draft is today, not much time for new research.

Anyone else want to chime in on the top 4 in their minds after the draft has changed the landscape. In our league (in sig) must start 3 rbs and 4 wrs makes it difficult.
Superflex 10 Team PPR 30 man roster-- Must start 14 Players: 1QB+1Superflex/3RBs/4WRs/2TE/Flex/D/K

QBs - Josh Allen, Kirk Cousins, Easton Stick, Tommy Devito, Case Keenum
RBs - Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry/Tayjae Spears, Austin Ekeler/ Isaiah Spiller, Josh Kelly, Alvin Kamara/Kendre Miller, Rico Dowdle, Ty Johnson, Latavius Murray, Zack Moss, Tyler Goodson, Trey Sermon, Dernest Johnson
WRs -Rashee Rice.Gabriel Davis, Keenan Allen, Chris Godwin, Noah Brown, Adam Theilen, Russel Gage, Xavier Gipson,
TEs - Travis Kelce, Darren Waller, Dalton Schultz, Tanner Hudson, Allen Davis

Mascott93
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Mascott93 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:12 am

For me I have:

Mixon (I'm a bengals fan)
Fournette
Cook

Mixon and fournette are interchangeable. In mixons case, the bengals drafted him in the second and didn't draft another rb. This realistically leaves him, gio (coming off a second acl) and hill to compete with one another. I honestly think they're looking to get past the committee approach seeing as it's not been that effective for the past two years and are looking to get a guy who'll really lead the back field with a cop sprinkled in. I originally wasn't too keen on the Ross pick here but I think his addition with green opposite him will allow the run game to flourish.

I like fournette just as much. I think he'll be in a similar position with Jax looking for someone to lead with Yeadon sprinkled in. If the offseason work bortles has been doing works, fournette could hopefully get some decent opportunities. Both cinci and Jax have poor OL's as of now but I imagine it will be a priority next offseason.

In my league I traded out from 1.01 to 1.03. The 1.02 wants a reciever. Therefore, I'm getting one of these two at 1.03 and I'm more than happy to have either.
Team 1
10 Man - PPR
QB: Stafford, Goff, Mayfield
RB: Barkley, Drake, Miller, Crowell, Jones, Clement, Gallman
WR: AJG, Samuels, Parker, Kirk, Hamilton, Harmon, Hurst, Cole, Taylor,
TE: Engram, Brate, Gathers
DL: Lawrence, Ngakoue, Jarrett, Poe, Barnett, Davenport
LB: T Smith, Alexander, Edmunds, Wright, Barron, Schobert, McKinney, Hitchens, Vander Esch
DB: Amos , Byard, Evans, Reid

Team 2 - 2 QB Superflex
16 Man - PPR, 1.5 PPR for TE, 6 pts TD pass
QB: Luck, Dalton
RB: Miller, McFadden, Abdullah, Prosise, Cmike
WR: Williams, Marshall, Lockett, T Benjamin, Kupp, Austin, Lafell
TE: Ebron, Gresham, Sims
DST: Broncos

Team 3
10 Man - PPR
QB: Dalton , Eli, lock
RB: Fournette, Howard, Rojo, Miller, Collins, AP, Gio, Breida
WR: OBJ, Cooks, JBrown, Lockett, Godwin, M Brown, Hamilton, Miller, Pettis, MVS, Harmon
TE: Kittle, Engram, Goedart, Eifert, Thomas
DEF: Chiefs

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:38 pm

LF
Mixon
Cook
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:39 pm

BradysBunch wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:38 pm LF
Mixon
Cook
I just updated my rankings (tentatively) and decided on this order as well

Crwdstunna
Captain
Captain

Postby Crwdstunna » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:28 pm

1) Leonard Fournette
2) Christian McCaffrey
3) Dalvin Cook
4) Joe Mixon
10 Team PPR Dynasty League (1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex) 2018 Champ
QB: B Mayfield- D Brees- M Mariota RB: A Kamara- M Ingram- Du Johnson- C Hyde- M Lynch- A Peterson- G Edwards- L Murray- C Warren WR: A Brown- D Hopkins- T Boyd- A Jeffery- S Shepard- N Agholor- D Moncrief- L Fitzgerald- M Goodwin TE: OJ Howard- D Goedert
16 Team PPR Dynasty League (1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE)
QB: B Roethlisberger- C Keenum RB: Da Johnson- P Lindsay- J White- F Gore WR: A Thielen- C Kupp- K Golladay- C Sutton- A Miller- Tr Smith TE: OJ Howard- D Goerdert- C Herndon- A Hooper

12 Team PPR Dynasty League (2QB 2RB 2WR 2TE 3FLEX)
QB: C Newton- M Mariota- M Trubisky RB: S Barkley- J Mixon- C McCaffrey- N Hines- C Clement- C Carson WR: S Watkins- J Landry- S Diggs- C Godwin- M Williams- M Lee- K Golladay TE: R Gronkowski- D Njoku- G Kittle- E Ebron

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Thu May 11, 2017 2:57 pm

I've gone back and watched their tape this week, trying to finalize things and trying to make sense of Cook's testing numbers, and his and Mixon's '16 tape were still the best to my (untrained) eyes. Cook's HS test scores were actually a lot better, too, so it just really makes me wonder if something was wrong that day or if he just ran cold.