Mixon vs Fournette vs Cook

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Who's the most talented?

Fournette
45%
Mixon
47%
Cook
8%

Total votes: 146

kasermap
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Mixon vs Fournette vs Cook

Postby kasermap » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:36 am

IBall2 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:35 pm
jimmychoi wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:16 pm
SoonerFan411 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:23 am This is a super draft for RB and I am clearly a SoonerFan. If you are in PPR I would look to draft mixon Or trade out of the pick. If not PPR, which I don't know why anyone would play, I would trade out of the pick and pick up multiple picks. Fournette is the best runner but inconsistent at best. I don't see him being a good NFL RB Anand he is lazy.
I've seen a few people claim he's lazy, but what are we basing this on? The bowl game?
I'm not sure where the lazy reference is coming from either. I think his lower numbers this year were more because of the ankle injury.
Agree on the ankle injury, but I also think it had to do with not wanting to push through it and hurt himself more.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:07 am

I still like Fournette slightly better, for talent/production/safety/physical prowess/etc. Mixon is probably my 1.02. I watch every OU game for the last 30+ years. One thing that at least crossed my mind, even if it does not mean much in the grand scheme of things, and I only am throwing it out there to look at a different side besides his "off-field" concerns. I think Perine is very talented in his own right, but nobody is debating between the two, rightfully so. With that said, it seemed Samaje played ahead of him most of the year, even when I thought the match up would call for Mixon to start or dominate carries. I am not just speaking of game flow and grind it out/pound it mode. Clearly the two had their "game-flow" moments, whether it be Mixon in catch-up mode or Perine in run-the-clock-out mode, I get that. I just have not heard this brought up at all and it is probably nothing, but I even was surprised at how some games Mixon got very little run, period. And it is not like the OU coaching staff did not like him or hold the incident against him (besides the suspension of course). TL;DR, but for those on here that struggle with reading comprehension, I am not saying Mixon is not the clear elite prospect, just bringing up another aspect that I have not seen discussed. Heck, Thurman Thomas played over Barry Sanders for the Cowboys, so maybe we are looking at two elite NFL backs form the same backfield.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Dyno_7
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dyno_7 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:37 pm

Friction wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:07 am With that said, it seemed Samaje played ahead of him most of the year, even when I thought the match up would call for Mixon to start or dominate carries. I am not just speaking of game flow and grind it out/pound it mode. Clearly the two had their "game-flow" moments, whether it be Mixon in catch-up mode or Perine in run-the-clock-out mode, I get that. I just have not heard this brought up at all and it is probably nothing, but I even was surprised at how some games Mixon got very little run, period. And it is not like the OU coaching staff did not like him or hold the incident against him (besides the suspension of course).
I think it's possible the incident played a factor in his playing time. Stoops did go on record saying that maybe the one year suspension wasn't punishment enough. Maybe the coaching staff told Mixon he was going to play, but wouldn't be allowed a feature role. That gives Mixon enough work to get evaluated by NFL scouts, but wasn't given enough touches to be considered for individual awards. Had he got 250-300 touches, he would've had Heisman numbers. Can you imagine the circus that would've created? Maybe Stoops thought it was best to have Mixon keep a lower profile on the field considering what happened off it? Not sure, just a theory..
TEAMS 1&2: 10tm. Non-PPR +IDP.
Starters: 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1K-2DL-1EDR-3LB-3DB

TEAM 1:
QB: C.Wentz, P.Rivers, J.Rosen, L.Jackson.
RB: J.Mixon, L.Fournette, J.Howard, D.Williams
WR: O.BeckhamJr, M.Thomas, S.Diggs, J.Smith-Schuster, S.Watkins, C.Godwin, C.Sutton.
TE: Z.Ertz, M.Gesicki, G.Kittle.
DL: D.Hunter, D.Barnett, C.Jones.
EDR: H.Landry.
LB: M.Jack, Z.Cunningham, A.Williamson, L.Vander Esch, C.Littleton.
DB: R.Jones, B.McDougald, S.Williams.

TEAM 2:
QB: D.Watson.
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, C.Hyde, N.Chubb, A.Jones.
WR: A.Cooper, M.Thomas, J.Smith-Schuster, J.Gordon, M.Williams, K.Golladay, C.Godwin, C.Kirk.
TE: E.Engram, D.Njoku, D.Goedert.
DL: K.Mack, D.Hunter, D.Ware
EDR: V.Miller
LB: T.Smith, M.Jack, D.Jones, Z.Cunningham, T.Edmunds, L.Vander Esch.
DB: B.Baker, D.James, C.Geathers.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:41 pm

Friction wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:07 am TL;DR, but for those on here that struggle with reading comprehension, I am not saying Mixon is not the clear elite prospect, just bringing up another aspect that I have not seen discussed. Heck, Thurman Thomas played over Barry Sanders for the Cowboys, so maybe we are looking at two elite NFL backs form the same backfield.
Could be deferring to the "veteran" player plus Perine ended up breaking some school record right? Good point though but I'll always be happy to take a RB that doesn't come into the league with a lot of extra wear and tear.

Similar question plaguing Trubisky now and why he only started 1 yr.

RyMac84
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby RyMac84 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:39 pm

I have 1.01 & 1.03 and have totally caught rookie fever with Mixon. I'm seriously considering grabbing him @ 1 and taking who ever is left @ 3 between Fournette and Cook. My original plan was to take Fournette and one of the top wide outs... then I saw Mixon's tape. #mancrush
10 man full point PPR Dynasty
QB:RB:RB:WR:WR:TE:FLEX:FLEX:DEF/ST NO Kicker!!!!
QB: Winston, Eli, Romo
RB: Bell, Blount, Yeldon, Ivory, McKinnon
WR: Cooper, Cooks, K. Benjamin, Parker, T. Williams, J. Brown, T. Smith
TE: Gronk, Bennett
1.01, 1.03, 2.18

Opeth24
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Opeth24 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:58 pm

I'm completely torn. I have the 1.1 this year. I have been switching back and fourth between Fournette and Cook the last 3 months but honestly now its between Fournette and Mixon. I think its to early for me to make a decision. I want to see where these players land and then I'll pull out my hair trying to make a decision.
12 Team/ Half PPR/IDP/30 Roster Spots/Dynasty

QB:R.Wilson, P.Mahomes, T.Bridgewater
RB: T.Montgomery, D. Cook , K. Dixon, L. Fournette, K. Drake, P. Barber, M. Breida, A. Ekeler
WR:D.Hopkins, J. Jones, K.Benjamin, J.Doctson,K.Golladay, K. Cole, G.Tate, J. Gordon, M. Goodwin,
TE:G.Olsen, J.Smith
LB:C.Mosley, V.Williams, C.Lawson, W.Woodyard
DB:J.Adams, D.mcourty, A.Amos
DL: C.Dunlap, M.Addison, A. Okafor

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:38 am

RyMac84 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:39 pm I have 1.01 & 1.03 and have totally caught rookie fever with Mixon. I'm seriously considering grabbing him @ 1 and taking who ever is left @ 3 between Fournette and Cook. My original plan was to take Fournette and one of the top wide outs... then I saw Mixon's tape. #mancrush
I dont blame ya. Watched every game of his for last two years (Boomer Sooner fan for 30+ years). Not many people would listen up until the end of the college season that he was going to be good. I really like Samaje too, though I realize he will be more of a thumper, GL, grinder, but you never know. Once in awhile guys like him surprise in the right situation and offense. Back to Mixon though, I am curious what will be said by all those who said he would be a UDFA. It seems like now there is very little chance of that happening now.
Valhalla's Father

Nathan28
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Nathan28 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:25 am

If you guys take Mixon at 1.01 you need to be prepared for him to get in trouble again and lose all the value you put into that asset. I personally don't play dynasty that way, but I do see the appeal of super risky moves like that.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:24 am

Nathan28 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:25 am If you guys take Mixon at 1.01 you need to be prepared for him to get in trouble again and lose all the value you put into that asset. I personally don't play dynasty that way, but I do see the appeal of super risky moves like that.
If you guys take Cook at 1.01 you need to be prepared for him to injure his shoulder again and lose all the value you put into that asset.
If you guys take Fournette at 1.01 you need to be prepared for him to injure his ankle again and lose all the value you put into that asset.

Could play that game with any prospect. Just a matter of balancing risk/reward and what's more likely to happen. Is Mixon going to be caught on tape punching a female again? Or will Cook injure his twice-operated on shoulder again getting tackled by bigger players? Or will Fournette's ankle issues become chronic?

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:44 am

I really don't have that much concern about recurring off-field stuff with him, but one would assume he will be on a zero tolerance policy with most teams or the NFL to some extent. There is some more risk with him than other prospects, but he has had good reviews for the most part (besides the parking lot thing) since then. We could debate that all day regardless, but his talent seems pretty safe to at least be a solid to really good prospect. There is risk alone in drafting any rookie, talent-wise., injury wise. Will be fun to watch.
Valhalla's Father

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:08 pm

From the way it sounds, teams are really liking his interviews. I wouldn't be surprised to seem him in the late 1st by teams that don't think he'd make it back to them. I also wouldn't be surprised to see him slip to the 3rd, I just doubt that'll happen. I could see a team like GB taking him and being strict on his conduct. All the reports here in OK are that the Bengals are really high on him. I'd personally rather a team with better character players and lower tolerance just to keep him straight.

All that said, his draft position will be what finally sets my thoughts. If a quality organization takes him in the top two rounds He'll probably be my 1.1. But same with all three, it's just too early for me to set them even though I want to.
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:29 am

DrNoish wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:08 pm From the way it sounds, teams are really liking his interviews. I wouldn't be surprised to seem him in the late 1st by teams that don't think he'd make it back to them. I also wouldn't be surprised to see him slip to the 3rd, I just doubt that'll happen. I could see a team like GB taking him and being strict on his conduct. All the reports here in OK are that the Bengals are really high on him. I'd personally rather a team with better character players and lower tolerance just to keep him straight.

All that said, his draft position will be what finally sets my thoughts. If a quality organization takes him in the top two rounds He'll probably be my 1.1. But same with all three, it's just too early for me to set them even though I want to.
I don't think a team will take him in the first round for a few reasons.

1st - The first round pick carries a lot more value and money allocated to a player than a second round pick. Especially if they use the 5th year option.

2nd - We've seen a trend in previous years where teams will move up from the 2nd round into the pick 25 - pick 32 range to get a QB so they have the ability to help them with the 5th year option. If a team in the 25-32 pick range wants Mixon, I think they trade back a few spots to the start of the second round and get him there.

3rd - We already know it's going to be a circus with the media as soon as he gets drafted, but if he's drafted in the first round, that circus is going to be 10x greater and a lot more pressure will be placed on Mixon and the team.

4th - There are a few other options at the end of the 1st for RBs (McCaffrey/Kamara/Foreman) that might get the nod instead of Mixon just because they are the safer option.

Nathan28
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Nathan28 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:42 am

onetwothree wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:24 am
Nathan28 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:25 am If you guys take Mixon at 1.01 you need to be prepared for him to get in trouble again and lose all the value you put into that asset. I personally don't play dynasty that way, but I do see the appeal of super risky moves like that.
If you guys take Cook at 1.01 you need to be prepared for him to injure his shoulder again and lose all the value you put into that asset.
If you guys take Fournette at 1.01 you need to be prepared for him to injure his ankle again and lose all the value you put into that asset.

Could play that game with any prospect. Just a matter of balancing risk/reward and what's more likely to happen. Is Mixon going to be caught on tape punching a female again? Or will Cook injure his twice-operated on shoulder again getting tackled by bigger players? Or will Fournette's ankle issues become chronic?
Okay sure, but logic would probably tell us that the punk who's been in multiple altercations & not shown remorse will probably continue to be a burden on society. Neither player will lose all value if they have an injury. Neither will Mixon if he gets hurt. Let's not be silly and say that injuries and suspension are the same thing.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:12 am

Nathan28 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:42 am Okay sure, but logic would probably tell us that the punk who's been in multiple altercations & not shown remorse will probably continue to be a burden on society. Neither player will lose all value if they have an injury. Neither will Mixon if he gets hurt. Let's not be silly and say that injuries and suspension are the same thing.
What's more likely to occur again? Player re-injuring something playing a very physical sport? Or repeating off-field behavior? Maybe both? No one's saying it's the same thing. Just saying that you can find an issue with any player and make a point that it can happen again.

"Not shown remorse..." - this assessment is based on?? Every report (biased or not) that has come out from teams that have interviewed him have been positive. Everything from Oklahoma has been similar. I'm not saying you should or shouldn't draft him. Just saying that to say that drafting him would be a waste of a pick because you assume this will occur again is a bit presumptuous. If character is such a concern for you, Cook has had more incidents of various magnitude over the last few years.

jryanw
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jryanw » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:36 pm

Wow. When I started this thread I never expect Mixon to overtake Fournette. I do agree though from a talent only standpoint he is superior. It is quite clear this forum is cooling on Cook. With good reason I might add. He's just not a superior athlete.
Happy to Take a Rebound Gurley
2016 League Champ
Dynasy League. 5 round rookie/FA draft. Heading into year 3.
10 team league. 0.5 ppr. 0.2pprush 5pt bonus for 100yds rec/rush 10 pts for 200yds rec/rush 6pts rush/rec td
2.5 points 300 yds passing 5 points 400 yds passing 4pts passing td.
Start 2QBs, 3 RBs, 4WRs, 1Flex, 1TE, 1D/ST, 2DPs, 1K.
QBs- Brees, cousins, Tannehill
RBs-L.Bell, Gurley, Freeman, J. Howard Lat Murray, Yeldon, Montgomery(also WR), K. Marshall
WRs-OBJ, Coop, ARob, S. Watkins, L. Fitz, Moncrief, Cobb, Perriman, DGB
TEs- Ertz, Julius Thomas
D/ST Cheifs K-Bryant, DP-Zach Brown, Landon Collins
1.05, 2.05, 2.10, 4.10, 5.10
2 2018 1st