D'Onta Foreman v. Samaje Perine

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Which would you select with a mid-late 1st?

D'Onta Foreman
62%
Samaje Perine
38%

Total votes: 139

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

D'Onta Foreman v. Samaje Perine

Postby bruiser » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:32 pm

Ok, here's another solid pair of RBs that look to bolster this class. Each could be 1st rounders in your upcoming rookie drafts. Foreman looks like Alex Collins in a Texas jersey.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: D'Onta Foreman v. Samaje Perine

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:24 pm

Bruiser wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:32 pm Foreman looks like Alex Collins in a Texas jersey.
THANK YOU.

I have been saying that for a month. I don't see what makes Foreman a much better prospect than Collins, his ceiling looks like Hill/Blount/etc
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:25 pm

Wow. I don't like Perine at all tho. Surprised he has a couple votes already
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:24 pm

I really liked what I saw on Perine here. You have to appreciate that he's a 235lb truck you back with the balance to make multiple defenders miss. I don't expect him to outrun most DBs, but damn this guy looks like Jeremy Hill TD potential.

Anytime a player rips off 427 rushing yards in one game, I'm gonna sit up and take a close look.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:35 pm

Foreman looks like he's a heavier version of Alex Collins here . I actually liked Collins' reel more this time last year. Of course, after his combine only the Seahawks were interested, but he lost 10lbs since the start of the season and looked good for a roster spot in 2017.

I'd guess that Foreman would try to trim down. He's listing 6'1 250, but he's borderline Fat Eddie. Collins looks fast comparatively.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:04 am

I can almost guarantee you that Foreman is much faster than Alex Collins. Foreman has great vision and patience for a running back his size. Saying he is a heavier Alex Collins isn't a bad thing. Alex Collins is a good running back without the stand out athletic ability to really become an every down back.

Foreman has great speed for his size. Has great vision and patience when hitting the hole, almost Bell-esque at times (no I'm not saying he's the next Bell). He has the power on the goal line, but rarely did he ever have to use it because he would just break off huge runs. He's even got soft hands even though Texas didn't use him much as a receiver. Foreman is a very complete back with a beautiful ability to make one cut and get upfield.

For Perine he is very one dimensional for me. I really don't see him with the speed to get to the edge or to beat tailing defenders, he has is definitely not fleet footed and really takes time to gear down and make cuts. I just don't see anything beyond his hype because he ran 400 yds in one game.
Last edited by alewilliam789 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

mtrego
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby mtrego » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:50 pm

A lot of people seem to hate Perine. He's a big bruiser without top level speed, but what I can't get over is his incredible balance. Watch his highlights and count how many times he almost goes down but somehow keeps himself up and going.

Foreman to me has to prove he has decent speed at the combine before I'll take any real interest. Looks like a poor man's Blount.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:58 pm

mtrego wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:50 pm A lot of people seem to hate Perine. He's a big bruiser without top level speed, but what I can't get over is his incredible balance. Watch his highlights and count how many times he almost goes down but somehow keeps himself up and going.

Foreman to me has to prove he has decent speed at the combine before I'll take any real interest. Looks like a poor man's Blount.
Foreman has shown just as much balance and power in his running style than Perine? If you go back to the tape Foreman is much faster than Perine on tape and Perine is smaller and almost 15-20 pounds less so I don't expect Perine to run less than a 4.6, probably closer to a 4.7 at the combine.
Le'Veon Bell was compared to Blount too so guess it's not a terrible comparison. People just use it as a lazy comparison for a big back with dreads that they believe is lumbering, when in reality probably haven't watched much tape on him.

SanDiegoGuy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SanDiegoGuy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:17 pm

I love Foreman and think he will be a better pro, with the right team like the Chiefs maybe. I'm sure I am higher on him than most though. If I remember correctly, Texas line was not that good, so behind a better one he will really be able to let loose.
Wild West Shootout

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:33 am

alewilliam789 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:04 am I can almost guarantee you that Foreman is much faster than Alex Collins. Foreman has great vision and patience for a running back his size. Saying he is a heavier Alex Collins isn't a bad thing. Alex Collins is a good running back without the stand out athletic ability to really become an every down back.

Foreman has great speed for his size. Has great vision and patience when hitting the hole, almost Bell-esque at times (no I'm not saying he's the next Bell). He has the power on the goal line, but rarely did he ever have to use it because he would just break off huge runs. He's even got soft hands even though Texas didn't use him much as a receiver. Foreman is a very complete back with a beautiful ability to make one cut and get upfield.

For Perine he is very one dimensional for me. I really don't see him with the speed to get to the edge or to beat tailing defenders, he has is definitely not fleet footed and really takes time to gear down and make cuts. I just don't see anything beyond his hype because he ran 400 yds in one game.
you should just take foreman over fournette

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:29 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:33 am
alewilliam789 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:04 am I can almost guarantee you that Foreman is much faster than Alex Collins. Foreman has great vision and patience for a running back his size. Saying he is a heavier Alex Collins isn't a bad thing. Alex Collins is a good running back without the stand out athletic ability to really become an every down back.

you should just take foreman over fournette
When did I say that Foreman was better prospect than Fournette? He's a very good prospect that is being underrated by the community because they have this misconception of him being the next Blount

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:35 am

foreman or perine should hope their fondest hope to be as good as blount , be ever cautious to over rate flash over substance. Some look great while doing little others look boring but move the chains and stay on the field . He is 75th in the history of the league in rushing TD(more than jamaal charles or johnathon stewart),4.4 YPC for his career and avg .5 rushing TD a game . There is a solid chance the pats add a rb next year due to blount's age but if he is back in the same role next season he will likely end up top 50 in career rushing tds ,17 100 yard & 11 multiple TD games and will be an easy weekly rb2 .

IF , if either of those guys have 1 season like blount had this year will be a damned miracle so laugh at a blount comp but secretly hope for that type of career .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:37 am

(Accidentally posted twice)
Last edited by lukkynumber13 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:37 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:35 am foreman or perine should hope their fondest hope to be as good as blount , be ever cautious to over rate flash over substance. Some look great while doing little others look boring but move the chains and stay on the field . He is 75th in the history of the league in rushing TD(more than jamaal charles or johnathon stewart),4.4 YPC for his career and avg .5 rushing TD a game . There is a solid chance the pats add a rb next year due to blount's age but if he is back in the same role next season he will likely end up top 50 in career rushing tds ,17 100 yard & 11 multiple TD games and will be an easy weekly rb2 .
IF , if either of those guys have 1 season like blount had this year will be a damned miracle so laugh at a blount comp but secretly hope for that type of career.
Haha, cmon bro seriously? Secretly hope that a RB taken in the mid First of a rookie draft ends up with just 2 seasons over his entire career, where you feel decently comfortable starting him?
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:08 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:37 am Haha, cmon bro seriously? Secretly hope that a RB taken in the mid First of a rookie draft ends up with just 2 seasons over his entire career, where you feel decently comfortable starting him?
Blount was a beast in 2016, yes. But, looking at his career numbers, I have to wonder if his postseason success has skewed the perception of his fantasy football utility.