D'Onta Foreman v. Samaje Perine

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Which would you select with a mid-late 1st?

D'Onta Foreman
62%
Samaje Perine
38%

Total votes: 139

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Re: D'Onta Foreman v. Samaje Perine

Postby esloan35 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:35 am

Good post on these guys. Just watched some video on both. I am giving the edge on Perine. Foreman looks like he is a bit thick in the mid section and could eat himself out of the league. Perine appears to show more patience hitting the hole and harder to take down. Both are thumpers, with Perine showing more for me. Both are gonna get picked up no doubt. Perine for me on this poll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-hxd55alKE&t=80s

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:24 pm

Just wish guys would stop trying to compare rookies to Bell. Or at least list which Bell they are referring to. I watch Bell live in college 3 times against Wisconsin and knew I wanted no part of him. That was the fat version. All have to remember that Bell completely re shaped his body in 1 offseason to turn into the runner he is. How often do you ever see that happen. So to me it is near impossible to comp Bell to other RBs unless you distinguish which Bell u r referring to.
As for Blount, I have used him on a number of championship runs ever since he has gone back to NE. Very under rated especially in non PPR. If I chose a RB in late first I would do so happily knowing I would at least get Blount. But I am going with Forman here as both backs are comparable but he has better vision IMO. He feet are quicker for such a big back, but I would be afraid if he has good hands being moved to h-back or full back being so big.
I do think the Perine comps to Collins is very close. I think his burst and footspeed will hinder him a this level.

Golly Dagger
Starter
Starter

Postby Golly Dagger » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:36 am

I'm not big on either of these guys, but I suppose I'd give a slight edge to Foreman. The eyes like Perine more, reminds me of MJD at first glance (for ceiling). Obviously the eye test from highlight reels means little. Somebody earlier mentioned a J-Hill comp, and I can totally see that as well.
And definitely see the heavier Alex Collins comp for Foreman.
Team 1:
Fantasy Slams (est. 2015) - Golly Dagger
1st season: 7-7 (Missed playoffs)
2nd season: 7-6 (1st rd exit)
3rd season: 6-7 (Missed playoffs)
4th season: 11-2 (League Champ)
5th season: 9-4 (1st rd exit)

.5 PPR, 6pt TD, 4pt TD Pass, 25 roster, 14 team (6 Playoffs), 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1LB, 1DL, 1DB, 1 Flex IDP:

QB: Jackson, Darnold
RB: Mixon, Gurley, Guice
WR: Cooper, Golladay, Metcalf, Campbell, Boykin, Isabella, Ross, Dulin
TE: Kittle, I. Thomas
DL: J. Bosa
LB: Darius Leonard, Barrett, Esche
DB: Collins

Draft capital: 1.02, 1.06, 4.12, 5.04, 6.04, 7.04, 7.09

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:00 am

Lol, the guy that made those comps mentioned the eye test using highlight reels. I suppose those comps mean little. Landing spot/situation will mean more than anything with these two.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

Golly Dagger
Starter
Starter

Postby Golly Dagger » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:20 pm

Bruiser wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:00 am Lol, the guy that made those comps mentioned the eye test using highlight reels. I suppose those comps mean little. Landing spot/situation will mean more than anything with these two.
Yeah, exactly.
Team 1:
Fantasy Slams (est. 2015) - Golly Dagger
1st season: 7-7 (Missed playoffs)
2nd season: 7-6 (1st rd exit)
3rd season: 6-7 (Missed playoffs)
4th season: 11-2 (League Champ)
5th season: 9-4 (1st rd exit)

.5 PPR, 6pt TD, 4pt TD Pass, 25 roster, 14 team (6 Playoffs), 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1LB, 1DL, 1DB, 1 Flex IDP:

QB: Jackson, Darnold
RB: Mixon, Gurley, Guice
WR: Cooper, Golladay, Metcalf, Campbell, Boykin, Isabella, Ross, Dulin
TE: Kittle, I. Thomas
DL: J. Bosa
LB: Darius Leonard, Barrett, Esche
DB: Collins

Draft capital: 1.02, 1.06, 4.12, 5.04, 6.04, 7.04, 7.09

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:12 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:37 am
clarion contrarion wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:35 am foreman or perine should hope their fondest hope to be as good as blount , be ever cautious to over rate flash over substance. Some look great while doing little others look boring but move the chains and stay on the field . He is 75th in the history of the league in rushing TD(more than jamaal charles or johnathon stewart),4.4 YPC for his career and avg .5 rushing TD a game . There is a solid chance the pats add a rb next year due to blount's age but if he is back in the same role next season he will likely end up top 50 in career rushing tds ,17 100 yard & 11 multiple TD games and will be an easy weekly rb2 .
IF , if either of those guys have 1 season like blount had this year will be a damned miracle so laugh at a blount comp but secretly hope for that type of career.
Haha, cmon bro seriously? Secretly hope that a RB taken in the mid First of a rookie draft ends up with just 2 seasons over his entire career, where you feel decently comfortable starting him?
To be fair to Blount, the talent was always there, but he was criminally underutilized for almost his entire career. Can I blame Schiano? He was the one who benched Blount for not being "a Buccaneer man". Despite being a bruiser, Blount has been very reliable from a health standpoint unlike Doug Martin who the Bucs spent a 1st round pick on to replace Blount.
Bruiser wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:00 am Lol, the guy that made those comps mentioned the eye test using highlight reels. I suppose those comps mean little. Landing spot/situation will mean more than anything with these two.
:clap: Thank you. Nothing worse than highlight reel eyeball tests.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:22 am

^^^ exactly my point about blount , lukky makes many fine points around the forum but something tells me he is pretty new to this deal as guys like ryan williams ryan mathews ben tate jahvid best isaiah pead ronnie hillman montee ball christian michael mikel leshoure daniel thomas cj spiller bishop sankey & tre mason would all like to have blount's career . There are probably more but off the top of my head & that is just since I have been doing dynasty in 2010 and I left out the last 2 draft classes because they still have time to right the ship .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:42 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:22 am ^^^ exactly my point about blount , lukky makes many fine points around the forum but something tells me he is pretty new to this deal as guys like ryan williams ryan mathews ben tate jahvid best isaiah pead ronnie hillman montee ball christian michael mikel leshoure daniel thomas cj spiller bishop sankey & tre mason would all like to have blount's career . There are probably more but off the top of my head & that is just since I have been doing dynasty in 2010 and I left out the last 2 draft classes because they still have time to right the ship .
You are correct, sir! And I get what you're saying about so many young, highly drafted RBs who never do anything in the pros. In the case of Foreman specifically, however, I've heard some people tout him as a size Speed freak, the 3rd best RB in the class, etc and I just don't see it.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:01 am

I really like both these RB's but I will take Perine. Perine is one of my pet cats in this draft and probably my RB3 overall at this point. I prefer his film, breakout age, and resume over Foreman. I also think Perine is going to be sneaky great at the combine.

I do like Foreman as well, and I hope he gets pushed down. I would love to be able to grab him in the 10-15 range. As for Perine, I'll be comfortable spending a top 6 pick on him assuming he goes top 50 which I believe he will.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:12 am

I give the edge to Perine. More nimble and elusive. Foreman more one cut and go. Perine plays behind his pads a bit better, and that makes me feel better about him longterm when compared specifically to Foreman. Both guys will take hits in the NFL so this is a considerable factor to me when looking at these two head-2-head

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:12 pm

Perine has closed the gap in this battle: 27-27 votes. Is the needle moving now that we are getting a closer look at Perine? I know you guys don't like the eyeball test, but I was in the minority until you laid eyes on Perine... :)

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:25 pm

Disappointing to see Foreman have to sit out with some small micro-fracture in his foot, was really hoping to see him go through the motions.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:28 am

I was in the Perine camp when this thread started, then I was split. Now, I'm beginning to lean toward Foreman. It's pretty close between these bruisers.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:46 am

Perine for me as a player. Foreman has size and speed on his side, but Perine looks like the more skilled player to me on the field.

Favrezilla
MVP
MVP

Postby Favrezilla » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:08 am

Bruiser wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:28 am I was in the Perine camp when this thread started, then I was split. Now, I'm beginning to lean toward Foreman. It's pretty close between these bruisers.
me too...and Foreman's Proday put him EASILY over Perine for me. he clocked a 4.45 40 at 235? yes please....also has enormous hands which i overvalue.
T.1 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex (13th year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Stafford,
RB: Mixon, Henry, zeke, Rochon
WR: Godwin, Olave, Deebo,DJM, Dell, MW, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Musgrave

T.2 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (10th year)
QB: Burrow, Baker,Jameis, jimmy, Wentz,
RB: Saquon, Mixon, Rochon, Evans
WR: Pickens, QJ, Thielen, Arob, Juju, ODB, D. Parker, Osborn,
TE: Kincaid, Ertz, Freirmuth, Taysom, JWoods

T.3 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (3rd year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Winston, Darnald
RB: JT, Javonte,Sanders, JCook, Jamaal
WR: Godwin, Waddle, ARSB, Pittman, MW, Jameson, Zay, Claypool, Toney, Terrance
TE: Hock, Fant, McBride