Plz advice-How2set ContractCost Per Player type&round picked

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
amit-dlf
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Plz advice-How2set ContractCost Per Player type&round picked

Postby amit-dlf » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:00 pm

fter joining & taste the dynasty format as a player on MFL, im starting this year one new as a comish.
I want to add a salary cap budget to every team on the league with contract cost and length per each player.. BUT I don't know and need to figure out how to the determine there first cost/contract according to their position picked on the first draft
So qb in second round like 2.3 will have higher contract cost like 23$ per season.. but qb picked in the ninth round like 9.15 would cost his manager 12.5 $.. Te Cost 15 $ in the fifth round while just 4 $ in the 18 round.. corner back cost 11 $ in the 4 round and just3 $ in the 15 round and etc.

Drive me crazy I cant find anywhere some1 who have an idea or customized chart solving this issue
It cant be I'm the only comish on the world thinking bout this..
Most telling me they're using the auction draft format in the startup first year so the money they invested to win the bid on a player become his contract cost.. I dont like this and not becoz im using the regular serpent draft system.. but from competitive side.. u can be smart and catch andrew.luck in the first draft with just few $ cost.. jail him in ur roster with tiny cost the first 3-4 year.. gives u huge advantage. . Or harsh manager spending 50 $ to win the bid on t.gurley or s.bradford.. just to be the team that stuck with huge "frog" on the team cap budget.

Plz advice me on this matter.. I feel that im missing an easy solution just under my noise.. (all but auction option)..

Some other basic setting:
Two separate conference, each have 18 teams with its own six teams playoff (d 2 confarance winners meet in last week to determine d champion) with seperate nfl roster
The starting lineup: 10 0n Off ..QB, rb, rb, wr, wr; wr; Te; rb/wr; wr/Te; k.. 11 on Def.. d, d, de, de, lb, lb, lb; ss, ss, cb, cb... and more on the bench.. several of them taxi squad

Thanks in advance, Amit

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Plz advice-How2set ContractCost Per Player type&round pi

Postby bruiser » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:26 pm

yep. yer missing it. auction will save you headaches and... well headaches.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

hankscorpio
Role Player
Role Player

Postby hankscorpio » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:37 am

A snake draft with slotted contracts based on both position and draft round? It's just such a wildly complicated plan. Keep it simple... auction.
12 teams, 20 roster spots, hard salary cap $225, 40% drop penalty, max contract 3 yrs (4 yrs for rookies), unlimited total yrs
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, DEF, K; PPR, 6 pts/TD pass
QB: Cam ($29/2015); Wilson ($5/2016)
RB: Gurley ($12/2018), McFadden ($4/2015); C. West ($11/2015), Spiller ($26/2016), Abdullah ($6/2018), Mason ($6/2016)
WR: Demaryius ($64/2015), Decker ($9/2017), DeSean ($22/2015), DGB ($1/2018), M.Jones ($2/2016); Allen ($1/2016)
TE: Walker ($1/2015), Bennett ($11/2017)
2016: 2 1sts

12 teams, 20 roster spots, Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, DEF, K; PPR, 4 pts/TD pass
QB: Wilson, Brees
RB: Forte, Ellington, C. Johnson, J. Allen, Michael, Starks,
WR: Mega, Allen, J.Matthews, Boldin, Stills, Britt
TE: Gronk, Witten
2016: 2 1sts

Chummley
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Chummley » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:28 pm

I agree with the other posts that it would be easier to have an auction.

In the league I run we do a free agent auction draft but the rookies are selected in a two round rookie draft and the prices are set based by position/pick number like you want to do. I never found any kinds of documents to help me come up with the price guides when I was looking.

So I think your going to have to do it by hand. Here's my suggestion how to do it:
In Excel create a grid with with the available positions on the top and the pick/round down the side and starting with the last round assign the minimum and then work up to the first round. Once you do the dollars for one position you could potentially copy it to the the next position and then just tweak it as needed.