League Restrictions...........

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Everlast
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

League Restrictions...........

Postby Everlast » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:30 am

I have a few ?'s …….I have played Dynasty for yrs & have NEVER done these things !! Can I benefit from someone’s wisdom to EXPLAIN these issues…..to a new Dynasty Plyer

1. Why is it that we don't allow drops during & between the Rookie & Free Agent Auctions at the beginning of the FF season ??

2. Allow all plyrs with 1 yr to be cut without penalty.....even if they're at the end of a 3 yr contract........Our league has always penalized 25% for contracted plyrs & they are different than FA's we pickup during the season(FA’s) with a 1 yr contract.

He thinks players shud be dropped all yr. When do u have drop periods during ur league ?? I thought most leagues had drop periods, to protect owners from themselves & not let them drop plyrs before drafts to get IMMEDIATE cash for the Auction ??

Thanks

TJ

hankscorpio
Role Player
Role Player

Re: League Restrictions...........

Postby hankscorpio » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:15 am

1. I don't think there would be any problem with allowing a drop period between rookie and FA draft. However, you can't allow drops to happen all the way up to the FA auction. At least 1-2 weeks before the FA auction there needs to be a deadline. This is because the selection of who is dropped will significantly affect how much total cap space is out there in a league. Everyone needs a little time to digest who's available and come up with their FA auction strategy.

Our drop deadline is around 2 weeks before the FA auction, and 1 day before the rookie draft starts. It's a blind submission to the commissioner who processes them the next day. Then rosters are locked, then after the FA auction there are waiver periods where drops are allowed.

2. I don't have a fundamental problem with it if those are the stated rules. But if I went this route, I would say that multiyear contracts don't have a penalty for the current season, only for carryover to the next season. That would seem more logical.
12 teams, 20 roster spots, hard salary cap $225, 40% drop penalty, max contract 3 yrs (4 yrs for rookies), unlimited total yrs
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, DEF, K; PPR, 6 pts/TD pass
QB: Cam ($29/2015); Wilson ($5/2016)
RB: Gurley ($12/2018), McFadden ($4/2015); C. West ($11/2015), Spiller ($26/2016), Abdullah ($6/2018), Mason ($6/2016)
WR: Demaryius ($64/2015), Decker ($9/2017), DeSean ($22/2015), DGB ($1/2018), M.Jones ($2/2016); Allen ($1/2016)
TE: Walker ($1/2015), Bennett ($11/2017)
2016: 2 1sts

12 teams, 20 roster spots, Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, DEF, K; PPR, 4 pts/TD pass
QB: Wilson, Brees
RB: Forte, Ellington, C. Johnson, J. Allen, Michael, Starks,
WR: Mega, Allen, J.Matthews, Boldin, Stills, Britt
TE: Gronk, Witten
2016: 2 1sts