Michael Floyd Advice

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Spider-2 Y-Bananza
Role Player
Role Player

Michael Floyd Advice

Postby Spider-2 Y-Bananza » Sat May 23, 2015 7:37 am

Question for the experts here as I attempt to rebuild my dynasty squad. My league is 12 team PPR auction/salary cap, 16 roster spots, with a $200 budget, unlimited keepers. Guys are kept at the value you draft them (x) for one season, and then must be given a contract of x+5 for one additional year, x+10 for two years, or a max of x+15 for three years.

My WR situation is one year left of AJ Green for $36, three years of Hopkins for $18, and Latimer in his first year at $3. Michael Floyd is up for a contract with a $2 initial cost, so I can keep him for 1yr ($7), 2yr ($12), or 3yr($17).

My only other keeps right now are Roethlisberger ($14), Crowell ($17), and Hauscka ($1) so I have a ton of space to work with, but a lot of spots to fill.

Thoughts?

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Michael Floyd Advice

Postby TomBobAnderson » Sat May 23, 2015 2:45 pm

I'd keep him for at least a year. he can still be a flex guy you can play every week

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sun May 24, 2015 12:22 am

to start off i will say i dont think floyd is that good. he's barely startable imo and honestly i would not feel comfortable with him projected as a starter on my team. that being said at this price you pretty much gotta keep him just cause hes cheap and who knows maybe he will finally pay off some ppl's blind love of him

on another note i would not keep crowell at that price. he is in a 3 way time share and might not even play all that much.
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Sun May 24, 2015 4:58 am

knotts4372 wrote:to start off i will say i dont think floyd is that good. he's barely startable imo and honestly i would not feel comfortable with him projected as a starter on my team. that being said at this price you pretty much gotta keep him just cause hes cheap and who knows maybe he will finally pay off some ppl's blind love of him

on another note i would not keep crowell at that price. he is in a 3 way time share and might not even play all that much.

I agree that I don't think that Floyd is that good but like you said, he's dirt cheap... As for Crow I think he's by far the best back on the team and he'll be the clear starter by week 5 or 6. But that's just my guess, we really don't know. I guess each fantasy owner has to make that decision for themselves. But that is expensive for Crow anyhow

Spider-2 Y-Bananza
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Spider-2 Y-Bananza » Sun May 24, 2015 7:08 am

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have an unexplainable love for Crow that is probably better spent elsewhere. I'll probably spend heavy on BPA at RB and WR to mitigate floyds risk and just keep him for a year as my WR4.

ratfilth
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ratfilth » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:44 am

Would you be better off picking up a cheap young wr dorsett, perriman, lockett. If you are rebuilding why keep guys who are ok players when you could get a question mark guy and maybe hit a top 10 wr? Also think big ben is due for a worse year. He also has the 2nd hardest passing schedule in the league. Look up toughness of schedule. or here is a link that might help you on that http://pyromaniac.buzzsprout.com/4280/2 ... ro-podcast
this is a podcast

I have big ben on a dynasty team and could keep him for 9$ out of 200 but I am going for Winston for 10 or less, then I will try and draft big ben. But if he is more then 5 I will just find a cheap vet like stafford or dalton.

I think you need a WR with a good/healthy QB, so look at the rookies I named they all have good QBs. Not keeping Floyd would only be to have another roster spot the price is great and the upside is there. Question is do you want Floyd?

ratfilth
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ratfilth » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:47 am

ps. would not keep him for more then 1 year if you do. I would spend 7-10 on a rookie wr instead