The value of a very expensive Megatron

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Faulkner13
Starter
Starter

The value of a very expensive Megatron

Postby Faulkner13 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:26 am

Due to recent moves, I've moved over the salary cap and need to have it sorted by the August auction. Megatron is on my roster at $100 and 25% of my total $400 cap.

I can get under the cap by either trading/cutting a bunch of other guys or by trading Calvin. Since he's so expensive, there are only a few teams that can trade for him and due to his season, his value is way down. My inclination is to keep him and make a go of it. I finished 2nd this year and have swapped out Romo, Ellington and Donnell for Brees, CJ Anderson and Gronk so I think I'm still in the contender conversation.

If I do trade him, what should I be expecting? I have interest from an owner who has:
Kelvin Benjamin ($5)
Keenan Allen ($3)
Carlos Hyde ($15)
3 2015 1sts (1 early, 2 very late)

Is it reasonable to ask for one of those significant assets and a couple smaller pieces? Could I get one of those pieces and one of the firsts? Or will I be lucky to do a straight swap for just one of those players? I feel quite sure that the other owner will be able to trade him for more than that once the cap limits are raised again when the new season starts.

Or do I just hold on, make my other moves to get where I need to be and enjoy a resurgent season from Calvin?

I'm not in any rush but thoughts would be appreciated!
12 Team PPR/IDP - 30 player Active Roster/12 RDS - Starting 1-3 QB/1-3 RB/1-3 WR/1-3 TE (8 total offensive starters) and 2-3 DL/2-3 LB/2-3 DB (8 total defensive starters) plus a PK (Italics are RDS)

Luck/Ryan/Eli Manning/Tannehill
Gurley/Richard/Yeldon/Thompson/Malcolm BrownJohn Kelly
Keenan/TY Hilton/Cooper/Manny Sanders/Geronimo Allison/Cory Coleman/ArDarius
Kelce/Uzomah/Brate
Tucker
DLaw/Hunter/Frank Clark/Dunlap
Bobby Wagner/Telvin/C.J. Mosley/Ogletree/Kiko Alonzo/Anzalone/
Harrison Smith/Budda Baker/Landon/Ha-Ha/

14 Team Devy/TE Premium - 22 Player Roster - 1 QB/2-4 RB/2-4 WR/1 DST

Goff/Rosen
Mixon/Howard/Riddick
Thielen/Kupp/MVS/Samuel/Chad Williams/KCole/Hogan/Grant/Marshall
Doyle/Brate/RSJ/Jonnu/Vannet/Watson/Heuerman/
Beast DST

will6779
All Pro
All Pro

Re: The value of a very expensive Megatron

Postby will6779 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:17 am

Hes quite the cap killer at $100. I would defnately move him and would have nO problem trading him for either benjamine or allen at there prices. I would ask for either one of them and the early first and see where hes at. He may be willing to do it.
12 team, ppr,idp league. 35 man roster, 5 ts.
Start- qb,2-3rb,3-4wr,1-2te,pk, 2-3 dl, 2-3 lb, 2-3 db
Scoring- all tds 6 pts, lb&db 2/t, 4/sack. Dl 3/t 5/ sack

QB- luck, tannehill, mallet
RB- spiller,sproles,mathews,ingram p thomas, woodhead, f jackson, k davis, freeman
WR- brandon marshall d thomas,cobb,amendola , bolden, landry, bryant, watkins, carter
TE- Olsen, reed, ertz, housler, escobar
PK- Vinatary
DL- , quinn, dunlap, hankins
LB- Kueckly, bowman, greenway, v miller , ogletree, bostic, kirksey
DB- Beathea, weddel

Faulkner13
Starter
Starter

Postby Faulkner13 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:07 am

Here are a few other ideas that have been floated...Do I trade $100 Megatron for any of the following?:

1- DeMarco Murray ($25) or LeSean McCoy ($25) straight up

2- Bortles ($30), Stills ($2) and Dwayne Allen ($3)

Thoughts?
12 Team PPR/IDP - 30 player Active Roster/12 RDS - Starting 1-3 QB/1-3 RB/1-3 WR/1-3 TE (8 total offensive starters) and 2-3 DL/2-3 LB/2-3 DB (8 total defensive starters) plus a PK (Italics are RDS)

Kelce/Uzomah/Brate
Tucker

Goff/Rosen
Mixon/Howard/Riddick
Beast DST

Eagles4life
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Eagles4life » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:29 pm

Wow... What a cap killer!!

I think either Benjamin or Allen is a good option, considering their cap price. I would target Allen over Benjamin and the owners early 1st if he's willing to part with it. My rationale on Allen is perhaps his owner might perceive him to be lower value considering is average 2014 season. I think Allen will bounce back to something similar to what he did in 2013... Allen had a good YPRR of 2.06 in 2013 vs his 1.59 in 2014, while Benjamin's 1.85 last year.

You're looking good if you can acquire either or... considering all the cap savings you get by unloading a regressing WR, and with the high 1st rd pick you can replace Johnson's production with the likes of White, Cooper, Parker, etc for years to come.

I don't own either Murray or McCoy, but I'm not necessarily a buyer of either of them, considering their age, I would rather go after Hyde and the early 1st rd pick over those two RB options. Bortles/Stills and Allen wouldn't be a bad trade to stock the cupboard for a cheap price (Bortles will have some weapons next year), I still like the Allen/Benjamin and 1st rounder much better. IMO

Faulkner13
Starter
Starter

Postby Faulkner13 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:49 pm

That's interesting. The Benjamin owner wouldn't include his early first unfortunately.

I now have made an offer (after some back and forth) of:

Eric Ebron
2015 1.07
*Likely a late 2016 1st

That 2016 1st will probably become a 2015 2nd or come off altogther as we negotiate. I asked for 1.04 and the 1.07 and a third taxi squad piece. He added Ebron and took out the 1.04 so I countered with a likely very late 2016. Seems like an ok return, right? And since QBs always go early in our league, I'll definitely get Parker (and even possibly White) with the 7th.

Plus I'll get to go FA shopping with most of that $100 (with my eyes on Jordy)...

Kelce/Uzomah/Brate
Tucker

Goff/Rosen
Mixon/Howard/Riddick
Beast DST

Faulkner13
Starter
Starter

Postby Faulkner13 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:05 am

For what it's worth, the trade was accepted. Ebron, 1.07 (Which will likely be a $14 DParker/KWhite) and the probably late 2016 first. It looks like I'll also be able to chase one or two FAs with all of that money.

Thanks for everyone's input. I would love to hear thoughts on how I did.

Kelce/Uzomah/Brate
Tucker

Goff/Rosen
Mixon/Howard/Riddick