Moving from RSO to MFL?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Moving from RSO to MFL?

Postby heyfeefellskee » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:12 pm

Our 2nd year league is officially looking to explore how we would move from RSO to MFL. While RSO offers some interesting features that wold be difficult to replicate with MFL, the price tag and UI are causing us to question the value of those features.

That being said, has anyone ever migrated from RSO to MFL? I'm thinking I would need to do some manipulation to the contracts spreadsheet in order to upload player contract values to MFL, but I'm wondering what the migration experience was like.

Note: I already play in several leagues on MFL, but no salary cap leagues, which is where I would need the most help in terms of setup.

sportstalkryan
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Moving from RSO to MFL?

Postby sportstalkryan » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:59 am

I've never done a RSO to MFL migration, but I am in 1 RSO league and understand your frustrations. The cost is extremely high related to what they offer.

I run 2 MFL salary cap contract leagues. DM me and I'll give you the links and we can chat. A LOT of things that RSO automated you're going to have to either ditch completely or calculate offsite, like in a Google doc.
Commish of 4 leagues. Prefer full roster, IDP, salary cap, contract leagues designed to replicate the NFL GM experience as much as possible. Because THAT'S the fantasy.

FantasyDocOC
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby FantasyDocOC » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:19 pm

sportstalkryan wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:59 am I've never done a RSO to MFL migration, but I am in 1 RSO league and understand your frustrations. The cost is extremely high related to what they offer.

I run 2 MFL salary cap contract leagues. DM me and I'll give you the links and we can chat. A LOT of things that RSO automated you're going to have to either ditch completely or calculate offsite, like in a Google doc.
Guys, as a writer and podcast host affiliated with RSO, I just wanted to let you know that your concerns are very much noted. I fell in love with the site and frankly didn't blink at the cost because of the ingenuity of the platform. I play on MFL for devy and other leagues, but I tend to think of the disparity as MFL (PC) and RSO (Apple) because of the degree of customization on MFL, but the brilliance and forward facing nature of the build on RSO. The cost is negligible to me when I consider the amount of features and time that it would burn to navigate the intricacies of building an MFL auction league to approximate the features on the RSO site. As someone who played my way into the RSO world, I would be happy to talk about how and why my league mates and I navigate the things we do. Be well, and keep having fun.

Pax.

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Sat May 04, 2019 6:47 am

FantasyDocOC wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:19 pmtime that it would burn to navigate the intricacies of building an MFL auction league to approximate the features on the RSO site.
agree completely. i will never go back to a hand made salary cap and contract league on MFL.

Z--you have my deets, let me know also if there's anything i can do to help.

FantasyDocOC--as long as you're listenging...lets try to get another voice asking for a) rookie uploads before the NFL draft and b) more complete draft customization. I've asked in customer service emails before but your voice carries more weight :)
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC