General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Devante Adams value

Postby Valhalla » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:05 am

maxhyde wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:45 am
mullmania wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:20 pm
Jpalladino91 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:44 am Adams is a sell to me TBH. He is being valued as an elite WR right now and is not an elite talent. Remember just two years ago when Adams was a bust and people were considering dropping him? The TDs are there and there is a good opportunity in front of him but If I can get some of the returns mentioned above I'm moving him.
One way to look at it for sure.

I see leading the league in WR TDs the past 2 years combined and that's with missing Rodgers for most of last season.

Concussions are a concern but he can win at all levels of the field and plays with the best QB in the game.
This is exactly why it is an issue. Hundley would throw to him even when he made mistakes. Rodgers is a QB that is precise and his WR needs to be too and Adams wasn't that in the past. I remember multiple occasions ARod was visibly frustrated with Adams in the past. Maybe a bigger role helps his progression but TD regression is likely coming unless ARod throws for way more TD's. Graham is the TD threat to own there imo.
To me Adams is a sell at current value and Cobb and Graham are the buys because of cost difference
I agree

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:22 am

Jpalladino91 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:44 am Adams is a sell to me TBH. He is being valued as an elite WR right now and is not an elite talent. Remember just two years ago when Adams was a bust and people were considering dropping him? The TDs are there and there is a good opportunity in front of him but If I can get some of the returns mentioned above I'm moving him.

I see leading the league in WR TDs the past 2 years combined and that's with missing Rodgers for most of last season.

Concussions are a concern but he can win at all levels of the field and plays with the best QB in the game.
This is exactly why it is an issue. Hundley would throw to him even when he made mistakes. Rodgers is a QB that is precise and his WR needs to be too and Adams wasn't that in the past. I remember multiple occasions ARod was visibly frustrated with Adams in the past. Maybe a bigger role helps his progression but TD regression is likely coming unless ARod throws for way more TD's. Graham is the TD threat to own there imo.
To me Adams is a sell at current value and Cobb and Graham are the buys because of cost difference
What does that have to do with the present, where Adams has been the Packers most efficient WR the past two seasons on top of developing into a high level route runner? Cobb hasn't been good in three years, but he's the better investment over the player who's been better over the same span?

A lot of this seems like fake criticism. How are we stuck on things that happened two seasons ago from a player who's clearly improved significantly since then? He's by far the Packers best offensive weapon right now.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:40 pm

Rodgers doesn't need to throw "way more TDs" to make Adams relevant. He averages 37ish TDs over the last 4 years.

So give:
Graham 11 TDs (that's over his highwater mark since 2013)
Cobb 8 TDs (his most since 2014)
Allison 8 TDs (highly unlikely, but that's what James Jones had in 2015)
GB RBs 3 TDs

That still gives Adams 7 TDs...and that's with everyone else basically having career/bounce back years TD wise. That's Adams absolute TD floor imo.

Based on recent history (including 2016 when Adams got 12 TDs with Rodgers...must of been pretty precise that year...just saying) It's far more likely to be something like:

Adams 11 TDs
Graham 12 TDs
Cobb 7 TDs
Allison 4 TDs
GB RBs 3 TDs

If you consider 2016/2015/2014, Rodgers number 1 WR has averaged 12 TDs, and his number 2 WR has averaged 10 TDs. For additional ref, Rodgers TEs have averaged 6 TDs over that time span.

TDs are highly unlikely to be an issue for Adams.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:53 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:22 am

What does that have to do with the present, where Adams has been the Packers most efficient WR the past two seasons on top of developing into a high level route runner? Cobb hasn't been good in three years, but he's the better investment over the player who's been better over the same span?

A lot of this seems like fake criticism. How are we stuck on things that happened two seasons ago from a player who's clearly improved significantly since then? He's by far the Packers best offensive weapon right now.
He never once said Adams wasn’t the best option in that offense. He simply said, for the cost, he would rather invest in Cobb and/or Graham. Considering Adams would take a stud to get and Cobb would take a 2nd round rookie pick to get, he might be right. Adams could out-perform Cobb and Cobb could still be the better “value” player, simply because he could provide high production and often costs very little to obtain.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:49 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:22 am

The present meaning ARod's 5 games with him last year he was under 10 PPR points in 3 of those 5 games and in the 9 games he played with Hundley he was under 10PPR points twice. I dunno how much more present you want. Saying he is their best weapon is a projection without Jordy and maybe it is accurate
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:20 am

As much as I think Adams puts up points this year, I can't see his value ever rising higher than this. Easy sell if you can get full price imo

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:47 am

maxhyde wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:49 am The present meaning ARod's 5 games with him last year he was under 10 PPR points in 3 of those 5 games and in the 9 games he played with Hundley he was under 10PPR points twice. I dunno how much more present you want. Saying he is their best weapon is a projection without Jordy and maybe it is accurate
Adams played 6 games with Rodgers last year, weeks 1-5 & week 15.

Over the course of those 6 games:

- He scored a total of 92.2 ppr in those 6 games.

- From week 1-5 Adams was the WR8 in total points. Jordy was WR 6...and we all know Jordy is no longer there.

- Adams ppg over those weeks (with Rodgers) works out to 15.4 pts

- For the year, 15.4 ppr pts would of ranked him WR10 in ppg (right behind Julio).

- With Rodgers, Adams had a total of 46 targets - 7.7 per game. In Hundley games he averaged 9 targets per game. That 1.3 extra target doesn't mean that much, as a target from Rodgers is worth far more than a target from Hundley.

- He also had 12 RZ targets in 6 games with Rodgers - 2 RZ targets per game. In Hundley games he only averaged 1.4 RZ targets. Like I said, a target from Rodgers is worth more than one from Hundley.

I'm not sure what the debate is, but it's not like Adams was bad in Rodgers games last season. He was the 8th best WR from week 1-5 (with an active Rodgers). When Hundley stepped in, Adams rank (from week 6-14) fell to the 12th WR. Then when Rodgers came back and played in week 15, Adams managed to score 16.7 ppr points.

Also, in 2016 with Rodgers (and Jordy getting 14 TDs) Adams ppg in ppr was still 15.4 pts, and ranked 11th among WRs (the same as last yr). Something else to note, among top 10 WRs last season (in ppr ppg), only Tyreek and Michael Thomas are younger than Adams.

Considering his past production and newly expanded role, he's a very safe bet for a top 10 WR this season (with a shot at top 5).

You'll be kicking yourself if you sell him this yr...

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:41 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -extension

Well Rodgers to Adams is going to happen as long as Rodgers to Nelson did I guess ... or for the next 4 years if all goes as expected.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

wesley9547
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Was offered Davante Adams

Postby wesley9547 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:10 pm

So I’m in a salary league that mimics the nfl. I was offered Davante Adams. His contract is at 20mil a year for 5 years. For Amari Cooper who is at 14mil for 4 years. Then he also sent Adams for Kerryon Johnson who is at 750,000 for 4 more years. Just wondering what some other people think.
“Take Care of Yo’ Chicken”
Marshawn Lynch

ProfPoobah
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Was offered Davante Adams

Postby ProfPoobah » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:24 pm

If you had the space to run Adams and Cooper as a 1-2 for the immediate future, that sounds good... However, without knowing your cap space and RB situation, I hesitate to say "hell, yes"
Team 1 - 10-Team SF Full PPR - QB/2RB/2WR/TE/SF/3FLEX
QB - Jackson/Fields/Prescott/Garoppolo/Brissett/Lance
RB - Bijan/Breece/Stevenson/Foreman/Kelley/Hull/DJackson
WR - Chase/AJBrown/Wilson/Nucua/DJohnson/EMoore/Chark/DRobinson
TE - LaPorta/McBride/Fant
TAXI - Levis/Shaheed/Perry/Scott/Iosivas/CJones/Dulcich/Kraft/Likely/DAllen
2024 - 1.08, 2.02, 4.01
2025 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 4
2026 - 1, 2, 3, 4

Team 2 - 12-Team SF Full PPR - TE .5 Prem - QB/RB/2WR/SF/4FLEX
QB - Jackson/Goff/Murray/Ridder/Brissett
RB - KWilliams/Swift/AJones/Dowdle
WR - Chase/Waddle/Metcalf/Higgins/Mims/Jennings
TE - JJohnson/Mallory/Woods
TAXI - Hooker/RJohnson/Spears/Chandler/Iosivas
IR - Smith-Schuster
2024 - 1.05, 1.08, 2.02, 3.06, 3.07, 4.05
2025 - 1,2,2,2,3
2026 - 2,3,4

wesley9547
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby wesley9547 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:42 pm

I have dalvin cool ekler gio and Arron Jones. So I might be a little thin. But it’s start 2 rb start 3 wr. I have amari and ab but I’m losing my number 3 wrs this offseason. And the others I have aren’t as realiable.
Marshawn Lynch

wesley9547
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby wesley9547 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:43 pm

I have about 25 plus mil space so Adams would est it up I also have all my picks. I finished 9th it 10th
Marshawn Lynch

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:13 pm

Adams @$20/5 >>> Cooper @$14/4. Not even close.

You mentioned KJ in your original post but didn't list him in your follow-up...? Still, I'd trade Cooper for Adams rather than KJ given their salaries.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Dominus
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Concerned about D. Adams?

Postby Dominus » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:27 am

Hey everyone!

How are you feeling about Davante Adams right now? I realize that GB has played against three tough defenses to start the year (Bears, Vikings, Broncos), but, I'm having to fight to not be concerned about the Packers' offense.

If you own Adams, is he a hold for you right now? Or are you looking to move him before things get worse?
10 Team "Dynasty"(10 keepers), Year #9 (.5PPR)
2015 Champion, 2016 Runner-up, 2020 Champion
QB(1), SF(1), RB(2), WR(2), TE(1), FLEX(1), WR/TE(1), K, D/ST (Superflex added in 2020, WR/TE added in 2022)

QB: L. Jackson, W. Levis, A. Rodgers
RB: B. Robinson, J. Conner, Z. Moss, Z. Charbonnet, J. Warren, K. Mitchell, T. Bigsby
WR: A.J. Brown, J. Waddle, C. Godwin, A. Cooper, D. London, J. Smith-Njigba
TE: E. Engram, T. McBride

Picks 2024: 2nd, 3rd

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Concerned about D. Adams?

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:29 am

Yup total panic time, just like it was for Evans after week 2.