RSO Leagues

General discussion and team advice concerning Salary Cap & Auction leagues.
killionb
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

RSO Leagues

Postby killionb » Tue May 22, 2018 8:28 pm

I'm very experienced in dynasty fantasy football, but have never participated in a salary cap/contract league. I'm considering joining a league in RealitySportsOnline, but wanted to get some feedback/advice from anyone who has done a league like this through RSO. Specifically, have you found it enjoyable and worth your time? Thanks!

heyfeefellskee
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: RSO Leagues

Postby heyfeefellskee » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:52 am

It's a fun idea. I go back and forth on writing a proposal to them about what needs to change on the site.

Their biggest obstacles right now are the auction itself, as well as price.

The auction is a super fun idea. It's advertised to take 3-4 hours. However, it is going to take much longer--even for a "normal" dynasty league. I have a league at the early startup phase and we have knocked out 6 hours and 140 players have been selected. In a 12-team, 30-man roster league where 360 players are going to end up on rosters, it's obviously going to take a while. I believe they need to being working on an alternative option that allows for a slow auction style that still utilizes their AI system. I think doing that would be a game changer.

2nd, they simply aren't offering a competitive price when considering the product. Out of the paid platforms that offer dynasty support, they are one of the most expensive ($12/team). Sites like MFL and Fantrax offer a flat rate for the league--more teams spread out the price. RSO charges per team, so there's no difference in joining an 8-team, 12-team, or 24-team league. Additionally, given their speed at which they update features and layout, you really aren't getting the best, most customizable, pretty product--they still don't have an app that can do more than set lineups or check scores, for example.

I'm still going with them this year because I believe they have the makings of a solid, industry-changing product, but I am a little worried that they've been around for 6 years and have continued to slow down since about 2015 or so.

Pros? Their support is pretty awesome. Kyle English usually gets back to me very quickly when I have questions.
Corktown Jaguars(32-team IDP league--est 2016)

Trench Warfare (12x30 ppr est. 2014)
League Champ 2014, Runner-up in 2015, Runner-up 2017

Haru's Heroes(Co-Owner; 12x30 PPR est 2015)

FantasyDocOC
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: RSO Leagues

Postby FantasyDocOC » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:38 pm

heyfeefellskee wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:52 am
It's a fun idea. I go back and forth on writing a proposal to them about what needs to change on the site.

Their biggest obstacles right now are the auction itself, as well as price.

The auction is a super fun idea. It's advertised to take 3-4 hours. However, it is going to take much longer--even for a "normal" dynasty league. I have a league at the early startup phase and we have knocked out 6 hours and 140 players have been selected. In a 12-team, 30-man roster league where 360 players are going to end up on rosters, it's obviously going to take a while. I believe they need to being working on an alternative option that allows for a slow auction style that still utilizes their AI system. I think doing that would be a game changer.

2nd, they simply aren't offering a competitive price when considering the product. Out of the paid platforms that offer dynasty support, they are one of the most expensive ($12/team). Sites like MFL and Fantrax offer a flat rate for the league--more teams spread out the price. RSO charges per team, so there's no difference in joining an 8-team, 12-team, or 24-team league. Additionally, given their speed at which they update features and layout, you really aren't getting the best, most customizable, pretty product--they still don't have an app that can do more than set lineups or check scores, for example.

I'm still going with them this year because I believe they have the makings of a solid, industry-changing product, but I am a little worried that they've been around for 6 years and have continued to slow down since about 2015 or so.

Pros? Their support is pretty awesome. Kyle English usually gets back to me very quickly when I have questions.

^^^^^^^^^This is really insightful, I would only add that they are growing the product and have new features and a community base that is spreading with the All About Reality Podcast that features RSO-specific content with guests like Matt Waldman, Matt Harmon, Graham Barfield, and even DLF's own Jaron Foster.

Luke
@FantasyDocOC