Preferred FA turnover?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Preferred FA turnover?

Postby heyfeefellskee » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:43 pm

I'm setting up a league that I calculate will have 33% of the players on the roster hitting free agency year after year once the league reaches year 3.

I've noticed leagues that do more (40%), and some that hold much more (16%). What have you found to be the best balance in order to keep interesting players in the market?

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Re: Preferred FA turnover?

Postby millworkguy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:54 pm

never heard of such a metric, how do you propose to keep turnover at 33%. I let team owners pick their own contract lengths 1-7 years.
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:59 pm

millworkguy wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:54 pm never heard of such a metric, how do you propose to keep turnover at 33%. I let team owners pick their own contract lengths 1-7 years.
It's being set up on RSO, and I calculated how many players would become free agents by extrapolating the numbers over a span of years.

sportstalkryan
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby sportstalkryan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:23 am

RSO limits the number and length of contracts you can assign each year, which can feel constraining but is absolutely the best way to promote an active offseason free agent market. The lower the % is for people who prefer dynasty leagues and want to dabble in a salary cap / auction league. The higher the % the closer you get to a redraft / keeper league. I think somewhere in the 25% to 33% percentage is pretty ideal.
Commish of 4 leagues. Prefer full roster, IDP, salary cap, contract leagues designed to replicate the NFL GM experience as much as possible. Because THAT'S the fantasy.