Advice on Startup on RealitySportsOnline

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sgsolberg
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Advice on Startup on RealitySportsOnline

Postby Sgsolberg » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:14 am

I'm going to be starting up a new league on RSO, and I was wondering if anyone can give me any feedback on your experiences and whether you would deviate from their general recommendations?

I'm planning on 12 teams, Non-PPR scoring.
Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 Flex... so a starting roster of 7.
Planning on a roster of 20. 2 IR spots.

Any advice on how many contracts of differing durations to allow? I've currently got the 1 4-year deal, 2 3-year deals, 3 2-year deals setup in place. Have you played with a little more than this? Has it turned out ok? I figure I want ~30% of the roster to turnover each year in order to have a vibrant FA.
14 Team League- Std Scoring, 6pts per passing TD
Start 1QB, 2RB, 3{WR/TE}, 1{RB/WR/TE}, 1K
QB: Russell Wilson, Andy Dalton,
RB: Gurley, Hyde, Abdullah, CMike, Rawls, Dwayne Washington, Wayne Gallman,
WR: Dez, AJ Green, Amari, Hopkins, Alshon, Eifert,
Taxi: Paxton Lynch, Mike Williams

Oriorden
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Advice on Startup on RealitySportsOnline

Postby Oriorden » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:20 am

I’m in my third offseason at RSO and have to say it’s the most fun I’ve had playing fantasy. As for a startup, I strongly recommend limiting the initial contracts. 1 - 4 year, 2 - 3 year, and 3 - 2 year contracts. If you allow for too many long term contracts, especially at first, it’ll really make the free agency piece tough in year two. There just won’t be as many players to choose from.
We also set rookie contract length to 4 years after the initial year. Too many rookies take 2 years to develop, then you only get then for that third year.
I hope that helps. Enjoy!