direction due to cap limitations

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hjernazian
Captain
Captain

direction due to cap limitations

Postby hjernazian » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:46 am

Hello - I am in my second year of one dynasty league, and was wondering what the general advice would about on significant issue: should I blow my team up and attain younger, cheaper assets? And, what do you think I should be asking for some of my higher priced players?

We are a 10 man, 1.0 PPR dynasty league in it's 3rd year. We have a HARD cap of $200, that doesn't even fluctuate for picks made during the rookie draft. I won last year, but had bleep luck this year, and ended up having to trade OBJr (at $64 dollars due to hikes after first year) to attempt to save my season. I may be able to, but I don't like my odds. I've made a ton of trades and acquired some assets. Advice appreciated

Note: it's a 28 man roster and I am not listing some of my flier/irrelevant $1-3 dollar players.

QB:
D. Brees $8
D. Carr $2
C. Newton $19 (picked up as a FA, didn't use my startup dough)

RB:
D. Freeman $33
D. Cook $4
C.J. Anderson $19
D. Murray $9
B. Powell $4
T. Montgomery $5
J. White $4

WR
TY Hilton $24
J Nelson $41
S. Watkins $33
L. Fitzgerald $4
C. Davis $4
J. Crowder $2
C. Hogan $11

TE
Rudolph $3
Engram $3
Njoku $2
Henry $3

Picks:
1st round - mid to late
2nd round - early
3rd round - mid to late

Thanks for the time and feedback.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

Flying Ninja Monkey
Starter
Starter

Re: direction due to cap limitations

Postby Flying Ninja Monkey » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:02 am

This is tough... you’ve got some guys with high salaries AND are undervalued at this time... not a good combo.

If you can get some value for Jordy, Watkins, or Anderson I’d try to ditch those guys. I don’t see you competing next year and think you might be able to use that cap space and hopefully some draft picks to reload. I don’t think you’re needing to blow it up because you do have some nice players.

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:42 am

Flying Ninja Monkey wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:02 am This is tough... you’ve got some guys with high salaries AND are undervalued at this time... not a good combo.

If you can get some value for Jordy, Watkins, or Anderson I’d try to ditch those guys. I don’t see you competing next year and think you might be able to use that cap space and hopefully some draft picks to reload. I don’t think you’re needing to blow it up because you do have some nice players.
Exactly what I am thinking about the 3 named but all 3 are rock bottom in value right now. Jordy doesn't get thrown to and is old - putting his career in question, Watkins doesn't get thrown to and is young but seen as a chronic underachiever, and there is a good chance Denver looks elsewhere for an RB next year... even past D. Booker imo. I've tried to trade them, but the value I'm getting back is practically nothing.

The two pieces people really want that I don't want to let go are Engram (highest I've been offered is a second rounder) and C. Davis (offered a first and some change, but he was my 1.02 pick acquired via trade). I don't want to move either.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10

Team 2

RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:42 am

Flying Ninja Monkey wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:02 am This is tough... you’ve got some guys with high salaries AND are undervalued at this time... not a good combo.

Exactly what I am thinking about the 3 named but all 3 are rock bottom in value right now. Jordy doesn't get thrown to and is old - putting his career in question, Watkins doesn't get thrown to and is young but seen as a chronic underachiever, and there is a good chance Denver looks elsewhere for an RB next year... even past D. Booker imo. I've tried to trade them, but the value I'm getting back is practically nothing.

The two pieces people really want that I don't want to let go are Engram (highest I've been offered is a second rounder) and C. Davis (offered a first and some change, but he was my 1.02 pick acquired via trade). I don't want to move either.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

Team 2