Dynasty Draft Help

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Rivs
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Dynasty Draft Help

Postby Rivs » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:58 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm starting up a dynasty league with a lot of my friends and this is all our first time doing dynasty. I know the most practical way to start a dynasty league is to do an auction with a budget. But everyone wants to do a snake draft because auction will take too long they said.

What is the best way to set this up and be fair? Do you set a value at each player and then have them draft player by value or set a value at each draft position and whatever player they draft in that position is paid that price?

We are going to have a salary cap and I want to set it 64-75 million with player minimum at $250,000
Does anyone have any insight or formulas that they use and can help me out. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Dynasty Draft Help

Postby bruiser » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:56 pm

1. Assign each draft slot a certain salary, not player. It is too much on you to arbitrarily assign player salaries.

2. Reduce the number of zeros in the salaries/cap because they create many fat finger errors. You will have to fix all error requests. I recommend $1 as a minimum because of this.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

Rams Fan
Starter
Starter

Re: Dynasty Draft Help

Postby Rams Fan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:10 pm

Did a 10 team auction draft and took 3 hours. May be a long process but it's fair and a one time deal. I really enjoyed it this way and causes owners to do more research.
Team 1:
12 Team, Superflex, 0.5ppr
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2FLEX, 1OP, 1TE, 1Def
QB: Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton, Sam Darnold
RB: Zeke, Yeldon, Kerryon Johnson, Elijah McGuire
WR: OBJ, AJ Green, Tyreek Hill, Larry Fitzgerald, Jamison Crowder, Taywan Taylor
TE: Gronk
D: Chicago

Team 2:
10 Team, Superflex, 0.5 PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLX, 1 OP
QB: Carson Wentz (3 years), Drew Brees (2years), Eli Manning(1year), Ryan Tannehill(1year)
RB: Zeke (4 years), Carlos Hyde (1 year), Alex Collins (1 year), Elijah McGuire (TS)
WR: Keenan Allen (2 year), Michael Thomas(NO, 3 years), Demaryius Thomas (1year), Jarvis Landry(1 year), Golden Tate (1 year), Robby Anderson (TS)
TE: Kyle Rudolph (1 year)