Help With Contract Years Following Start-Up Auction

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
redletter
Rookie
Rookie

Help With Contract Years Following Start-Up Auction

Postby redletter » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:07 pm

Here is my roster in a 12-team PPR Superflex. I have 62 total years to distribute, and I have put some suggested contract lengths on each. Please let me know what revisions, if any, you would make if this were your team:

P.S. I have an extra year and am tempted to put it on either Woodhead, Riddick, or Carroo.

P.S.S. I know I'm letting go of Jeffery after one year, Allen after two years, and Beckham after three years, but I think I can reacquire them for a similar price if so desired. I tried putting the longer contracts on the better values. There is a 25% penalty per year remaining for players cut under contract.

QB (start 1-2)
Tyrod Taylor $63 - 3 Years
Eli Manning $36 - 4 Years
Joe Flacco $33 - 4 Years

RB (start 2-3)
Mark Ingram $43 - 3 Years
Dion Lewis $35 - 3 Years
Frank Gore $27 - 1 Year
Danny Woodhead $25 - 2 Years
Theo Riddick $12 - 2 Years
Chris Thompson $3 - 1 Year

WR (start 3-4)
Odell Beckham Jr. $211 - 3 Years
Alshon Jeffery $145 - 1 Years
Keenan Allen $143 - 2 Years
Devante Parker $48 - 4 Years
Michael Floyd $39 - 4 Years
Donte Moncrief $32 - 4 Years
Kamar Aiken $15 - 2 Years
Phillip Dorsett $10 - 4 Years
Leonte Carroo $2 - 3 Years
Bruce Ellington $1 - 2 Years

TE (start 1-2)
Delanie Walker $40 - 3 Years
Julius Thomas $23 - 4 Years
Jared Cook $1 - 2 Years

egfeldman
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Help With Contract Years Following Start-Up Auction

Postby egfeldman » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:55 am

I didnt check your math to make sure they add up to 62 years, but Im going to assume they do. Do you need to be at 62 or can you be below? I would probably put Manning and/or Flacco at 2 years. I would up Ingram to at least 5 years. I would also up Riddick. As for WRs, not sure why you would want to get rid of Beckham so quickly-- especially with you putting faith in Eli to give him a 4 year deal. On to TE, I would try to bump up Walker as high as possible, and maybe dump Cook.

Just out of curiosity, what site are you using? Also, could you send me your rule book for this salary cap/contract league? It seems very similar to the one I am trying to put together for this season.

HailState89
Role Player
Role Player

Postby HailState89 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:55 am

Agree with above. I would also make Carroo and Ellington top years For $1, who really cares if they don't ever do anything. But if they are even relevant, helps a lot.

egfeldman
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby egfeldman » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:56 pm

Hailstate- How did you get some of your players for $0? How does that affect your salary cap?

redletter
Rookie
Rookie

Postby redletter » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:39 pm

egfeldman wrote:I didnt check your math to make sure they add up to 62 years, but Im going to assume they do. Do you need to be at 62 or can you be below? I would probably put Manning and/or Flacco at 2 years. I would up Ingram to at least 5 years. I would also up Riddick. As for WRs, not sure why you would want to get rid of Beckham so quickly-- especially with you putting faith in Eli to give him a 4 year deal. On to TE, I would try to bump up Walker as high as possible, and maybe dump Cook.

Just out of curiosity, what site are you using? Also, could you send me your rule book for this salary cap/contract league? It seems very similar to the one I am trying to put together for this season.
I am getting rid of Beckham after three years because I think I can reacquire him at that price. Only two players went for more money. I did up Ellington, Carroo, Riddick, and Walker based on your suggestions. I also dumped Cook. Thanks for the advice.

Iamwebb223
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Iamwebb223 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:04 am

reidjohnson wrote:
egfeldman wrote:I didnt check your math to make sure they add up to 62 years, but Im going to assume they do. Do you need to be at 62 or can you be below? I would probably put Manning and/or Flacco at 2 years. I would up Ingram to at least 5 years. I would also up Riddick. As for WRs, not sure why you would want to get rid of Beckham so quickly-- especially with you putting faith in Eli to give him a 4 year deal. On to TE, I would try to bump up Walker as high as possible, and maybe dump Cook.

I am getting rid of Beckham after three years because I think I can reacquire him at that price. Only two players went for more money. I did up Ellington, Carroo, Riddick, and Walker based on your suggestions. I also dumped Cook. Thanks for the advice.
If your goal is to get him at the same price, then why not just keep him longer? To let him go just to try and get him at the same price you currently are paying for him doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe I am missing something. It wouldn't matter if it were OBJ or not, if you have extra years to use and are happy with the price then why not extend???
Team 1 - 12 Team 20 man ros. TD Heavy - Big Play Bonuses, 3 pts. Every 25 yds. Rush/Rec.
QB - J. Hurts
RB - J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, R. Stevenson, D. Harris
WR - J. Jefferson, DK, G. Wilson, C. Olave
TE - M. Andrews, McBride

2021 League Champ

Team 2 - 10 Team 22 man rosters/PPR BIG PLAY TD BONUSES, 1 pt. 10 yds. Rush/Rec. 2 flex
QB - J. Herbert
RB - Saquon, JK Dobbins, 1.01(Bijan), C. Patterson
WR - AJBrown, J. Waddle, G. Wilson, C. Kirk
TE - Goedert

5 Time League Champ

Team 3 - 12 Team 22 man rosters PPR/BIG PLAY BONUS TD’s, RB & TE Premium
QB - J. Herbert
RB - J. Taylor, E. Elliott, D. Henry
WR - C. Kupp, J. Jefferson, Deebo, Amon Ra
TE - T. Kelce, I. Smith Jr.
2023 2 1sts

2021 League Champ