Startup Salary Cap/Contracts Dynasty League

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hartzfeld5
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Startup Salary Cap/Contracts Dynasty League

Postby hartzfeld5 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:47 pm

I've thought a lot about this and would like some other opinions. We're doing a start up and our salary cap is a firm 155.3 K salary cap (Like the NFL). We have 30 roster spots with 3 taxi squad spots. MFL has the option of using generated salaries for players and I'm tempted just to use those but what do you guys think? How do you determine the length of contracts to go along with it? Thanks guys!

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Startup Salary Cap/Contracts Dynasty League

Postby bruiser » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:33 pm

hold an auction to determine salaries. I could never do a league with pre-set salaries.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

dlf_tomk
Starter
Starter

Re: Startup Salary Cap/Contracts Dynasty League

Postby dlf_tomk » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:56 am

Bruiser wrote:hold an auction to determine salaries. I could never do a league with pre-set salaries.
Bruiser is absolutely correct here.

The whole point about a contract league is that contracts don't match up exactly with their production.

Regardless of how you allocate them that's going to be the case but an auction allows good players the chance to set those inefficiencies themselves. If you manage to snag Breakout WR X on a $1m contract it's smart on you rather than him being slotted at a certain spot.
IDP guy from England. Bashes out articles with dodgy graphs

@TomDegenerate