Cap issues need to sell McCoy,Jeffery or Forte

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Alibaba
Role Player
Role Player

Cap issues need to sell McCoy,Jeffery or Forte

Postby Alibaba » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:23 pm

Hard to say what i am dealing with but i need to sell one of these guys to be okay 65m cap i am paying 5.2 for McCoy 4.3 for forte and 3.9 for Jeffery no one wants to trade me as i was runner up year one and had a record year and champion ship last year what guy should i sell and whats the least i should take
Pay Dirt est.2014 15&16 champion
28 man roster 63M$ salary cap 2Taxi 2IR
Qb- A.Rodger,C.Palmer,P.Mahomes
Rb- T.Gurley,J.Ajayi,I.Crowell,B.Powell, Duke johnson,buck allen
Wr- J.Jones,A.Robinson,D.Bryant,S.Watkins
,W.Snead,John Brown,j.doctson, jjnelson,m.lee,j.kearse
Te- R.Gronkowski,H.Henry
Pk- J.Tucker
Lb- K.Alexander,L.Kuechly,B.Wager,B.McKinney, R.Shazier
De- J.Watt,C.Campbell
S- L.Collins,K.Joseph

buck6380
Starter
Starter

Re: Cap issues need to sell McCoy,Jeffery or Forte

Postby buck6380 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:45 am

Guess I may try to move McCoy 1st, takes up a lot of room.
Is his contract high for your league?
His salary definelty will affect his value if it is really high.
12 team, dynasty non ppr SC/ Contract league 275 cap, 50 contract yrs
QB's Bortles $7/4, Palmer $16/1
RB's Miller $21/2, Matt Jones $1/2, Howard $3/2,Sims $6/2
WR's Julio. Jones 38/1,Allen Robinson $21/5,Cooper $17/5, Moncrief $9/3, Shepard $15/4
TE's Kelce $8/3, Tamme $1/1
K Boswell
D
IDP Kuechly $1/1, L.David $6/2, T. Smith $1/2
Taxi-K Dixon $9/3, Dewayne Washigton $10, J. Williams

shackleford42
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby shackleford42 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:13 am

I would sell Shady. Legal matters or not, he's on the decline in Buffalo with Karlos Williams breathing down his neck.
expanded 12 team PPR
Carr
Hyde Abdullah
D. Thomas DGB Floyd(Ari) [Gordon]
Ebron

Twitter: @shackleford42

InvestLikeKB
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby InvestLikeKB » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:38 am

I'm an owner of both McCoy and Jeffery in a 12 team cap league. McCoy is 12% of the cap and Jeffery 13.5% to give you some comparison. I have McCoy locked up for the next 2 seasons, Jeffery the next 3. I think Jeffery is worth holding onto especially in a ppr league. McCoy and Forte I can understand selling since both are getting up their in age and if you're over the cap. But based on your team makeup, unless you have to sell one or get an offer for Forte or McCoy that you believe helps your team in future years, I think I would ride both out and contend for another championship.

If injuries take a hit on your team during the season then you should be able to sell McCoy/Forte to a contender for a pretty decent if not good price (unless of course injuries take their toll on both RBs). It basically boils down to do you decrease your chances for another championship run this year in hoping to improve you chances in the next 2-3 yrs? Based on your roster, I'd be playing for back-to-back titles even if that means I miss out on a return for Forte or McCoy. The only caveat being if the return you get for either RB now is worth it and gets you under your cap. For me in my league, it'd take a 2017 1st and a RB to trade McCoy (my situation at RB isn't as deep as yours with McCoy, Zeke, Stewart, Starks, & Hillman, tho I am in the same boat with heading into the season right near my cap limit)

Alibaba
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Alibaba » Wed May 04, 2016 5:09 am

Great answers guys thanks think i am gonna ride near the cap to chase another title i trade alot sold L.bell & hopkins this offseason and still feel i have of the strongest teams
Te- R.Gronkowski,H.Henry
Pk- J.Tucker
De- J.Watt,C.Campbell
S- L.Collins,K.Joseph

va911
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby va911 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:17 am

Hey Alibaba -- You have salary woes like people in my league does.... its' been mentioned to try and have a rule that allows for lowering a salary for an underperforming player?? Anything like that in your league??
12 Team / PPR / $200 Cap (no contracts)
QB: Luck ($39), Carr ($10), Fitzpatrick ($4), Foles ($4)
RB: Anderson ($23), Miller ($15), Freeman ($9), Woodhead ($6), Bell ($6), Blue ($4), Sims ($2), Langford ($2)
WR: Cooper ($21), Tate ($9), Fitzgerald ($7), Royal ($4), Randle ($3), Wheaton ($3)
TE: Kelce ($13), Walker ($9)
K: Gould ($4), Janikwoski ($3)
D: Rams ($6), Colts ($2)

2016 Draft (Pick Value): 1.9 ($12), 2.9 ($5), 3.9 ($3), 4.9 ($2), 5.9 ($1)
Yes I'm "over" the cap - These include the IR signings from last season / Cut down to 18 just prior to the draft.

Alibaba
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Alibaba » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:46 am

Yes this off season we were able to lower 2 guys by 10% but had to add atleast 1 year and i have since sold McCoy & forte but commish also made a market for us to put our players out there and every one bid if there salerys were just to high it worked but was scared to put high names in it because i have a huge target on my back for talking alot of smack lol
Te- R.Gronkowski,H.Henry
Pk- J.Tucker
De- J.Watt,C.Campbell
S- L.Collins,K.Joseph

dlf_tomk
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_tomk » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:20 am

va911 wrote:...its' been mentioned to try and have a rule that allows for lowering a salary for an underperforming player...
Really? That seems bizarre to me. The whole point of contracts is the strategic benefit of locking them up vs the risk of them bombing out. If you can reduce pay for underperforming players then what's to stop everyone just throwing around contracts as big as they can afford [as opposed to trying to match predicted value]?

Alibaba's rule about reducing cost in exchange for a longer term is interesting but I'm a purist here. All contracts are what they are and getting out of them should cause the team involved a big hit.
IDP guy from England. Bashes out articles with dodgy graphs

@TomDegenerate

EmmanuelG
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby EmmanuelG » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:51 am

Yeah, I think jeffery with the smallest contract definitely stays in PPR. Personally I would release Forte then McCoy if needed. You have a stacked team so I would get rid of both if you need cap...R these good picks compared to other teammates or high contracts? Also, is there not a penalty for releasing your contracts?
Dynasty IDP - 10 team (4th yr) / STD / IDP Scoring 1pt /.5pt T/A, 3pts SK/INTs/FF
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1OFF Flex, 1PK, 1DE, 2LB, 2DB, 1IDP Flex
QB: R Wilson, D Prescott
RB: J Charles, D Murray, Jordan Howard, J Langford, CJ Prosise
WR: AJ Green, A Robinson, A Jeffery, K Benjamin, C Coleman, J Brown, J Doctson, B Permian, J Crowder, T Boyd
TE: R Gronkowski, J Witten
DE: R Quinn, JPP / LB: N Bowman, J Collins, S Lee, E Kendricks, B Marshall, D Perryman / DB: M Burnett, K Vaccaro

Contract - 12 team (2nd yr) / 1pt PPR - 4pt QB TD
1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex, 1Def, 1K
QB: K. Cousins (2yr), T. Taylor ($4), A. Dalton ($4)
RB: D. Johnson (4yr @$10), C. Ivory (1yr @ $4), F. Gore ($6), A. Foster ($11), C.J. Promise ($7), P, Perkins ($4), C. Thompson ($4)
WR: O. Beckham (5yr @ $47), A. Jeffery ($31), D. Thomas ($27), R. Cobb ($20), K. Aiken (1yr @ $4), A. Hurns (5yr @ ($12)
TE: G. Barnidge (1yr @ $4), J. Witten ($4), J. Graham ($4)