JPP auction value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

JPP auction value

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:32 pm

This is a hybrid IDP/SC post, so please bear with me. Team is in signature and we do the whole nine yards including RFA and compensation for players lost. I have JPP tendered at a 2nd round pick, meaning that I would receive a 2nd round pick (normally late) if I choose not to match his salary. Highest bid on him at the moment is roughly 7mil per year, give or take a few hundred thousand (depending on how many years his contract ends up being).

My question is whether he is worth roughly 10% of my salary cap or not. Salary cap is 80 Million and I have roughly 18 Million to play with (roughly 10 Million if I match JPP offer). That gives me plenty of money for signing rookies and maybe a few FAs to fill out my lineup.

Is this too much to pay for JPP? I feel I am competitive and my other DEs are Everson Griffen, Stephen Tuitt, and Chandler Jones (who is rumored to move to LB). I feel like retaining JPP would solidify my DEs (must start two) and leave me enough money to play with.

How long should I sign him for? 5 year max.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: JPP auction value

Postby bruiser » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:38 am

My initial reaction is -YES- that is too much to pay. However, I may not be fully aware of your league format. Are you required to start 2DEs? I'm assuming yes, and would still not match. Take the 2nd round pick and be happy to get that kind of compensation for him.

Are you a D96 owner, Walken Dead?
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.