Rough estimate of Auction Values

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
cd6696
Role Player
Role Player

Rough estimate of Auction Values

Postby cd6696 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:22 pm

Starting an auction in a few weeks. We get $300 bucks, and players salaries increase $3 a year if we choose to keep them. 16 teams, must have 20 man rosters.

I am just curious, what range would anticipate the top guys going? I've put together my values and assigned dollar amounts to each player, but my top couple guys seem really off. What would you be willing to pay for your top guy in this format?

theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Rough estimate of Auction Values

Postby theone » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:59 am

This could vary greatly based on scoring rules/starting requirements. I would guess the top WRs go for somewhere around 15-20% of your budget ($45-$60).

UnsafeAtAnySpd
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UnsafeAtAnySpd » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:18 am

Good luck or trying to predict that. Here's the results of our start-up auction draft for team 1 in my sig, if you want to take a look. $300 cap but with 12 teams and up to 30 man rosters (so overall close to the same league size).

http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... ORT=AMOUNT

DynastyD
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby DynastyD » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:20 pm

Eddy Lacy went for more than AB?

UnsafeAtAnySpd
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UnsafeAtAnySpd » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:02 pm

DynastyD wrote:Eddy Lacy went for more than AB?
Yeah. Tons of stupid values in the league imo. I think what happened with AB iirc was that he was one of the first players nominated and people seemed hesitant when the bidding escalated. After he and a couple other guys were gone, people wanted to ensure they got top guys (Lacy was held in high regard last summer).

That said, you can get solid value very early on and late when people run out of money. I obviously love having Julio but he's not near as valuable now comparative to Cooper, ARob and Nuk with the contracts I have on them.

TheCageyBees
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby TheCageyBees » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:39 am

Finding a method for auction values is pretty simple:

1.) Add total currency available for the draft, we'll call it C.
2.) Find a dynasty draft pick trade chart that you like. Each Pick will have a specific value in these charts.
3.) Predict the Number of rookies that will be taken in your leagues draft.
4.) Starting with the top pick add all of the values up for each pick you predict your league will make (I expect 28 picks in my league so I would add the value of the first 28 picks) this will give you a value we'll call V.
5.) C/V gives you the ratio of $$ value per draft pick value. We'll call it R.
6.) Multiply R by each Draft Picks Value in your chart and this will assign a $$ amount to each slot.
7.) To refine go back to the rookie ADP list and break it down into tiers. In each tier adjust the $$ amount sightly to make the values within each tier more similar.
8.) This should give you a range on predicting costs. If there is a sleeper that three players are into though, then that value cold go anywhere, which is oe of the beauties of an auction draft.

All the Best
8 Team: Q, R, W, W, T, F, F, F, K, DEF, DL, LB, S, CB, IDP, IDP -- 1/2 PPR, Tackle Heavy, 4 pt Pass TD, 45 Total Roster -- No Waiver Wire During Season (Players may not be picked up)

Q: A. Rodgers, A. Smith, P. Mahomes, J. Goff;
R: D. Guice, N. Chubb, C. Hyde, A. Abdullah, K. Hunt, J. Howard, M. Breida, B. Powell, C. West;
W: K. Allen, A. Robinson, S. Watkins, C. Davis, D. Parker, J. Landry, T. Hill, C. Godwin, C. Kupp, D. Hamilton, T. Taylor, K. Coutee;
T: T. Kelce, G. Olsen, J. Smith; K: none for now; DEF: SEA, KC, ATL DL: C. Dunlap, E. Griffen;
LB: C. Mosley, B. Wagner, E. Kendricks, K. Alexander, R. Evans, J. Smith; CB: J. Jenkins, R. Darby, J. Alexander, D. Ward;
S: H. Clinton-Dix, E. Thomas, M. Fitzpatrick, J. Reid

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:04 pm

I have refined an exact method of determining auction values. Do not settle for a rough estimate. Can you work a spreadsheet with formulas?
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

HailState89
Role Player
Role Player

Postby HailState89 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:05 am

Here is what I did and it looks pretty correct.

PM your email and i'll send it to you.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:36 pm

No mention of how many starters? You can't begin to calculate value without knowing the baseline. The baseline is QB16 in a 16 team, start 1QB league. I use QB20 because I add 25% for injuries and BYE weeks to give just a little value to these players. Anyone below the baseline is a league minimum player.

If you are in a start 2TE league, the baseline is dramatically different, etc. So, without knowing the start reqs, none of us can give you good advice.

erflynn
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby erflynn » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:36 am

Bruiser wrote:I have refined an exact method of determining auction values. Do not settle for a rough estimate. Can you work a spreadsheet with formulas?
I'm in a 16 team IDP, 53 man roster start 22 11 offence, incl. PK and PN and 11 defence.
Have you any spreadsheet for such??

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:15 pm

erflynn wrote:
I'm in a 16 team IDP, 53 man roster start 22 11 offence, incl. PK and PN and 11 defence.
Have you any spreadsheet for such??
I have three such spreadsheets. I recalculate them each offseason... it gets a little easier each time. I find it very rewarding to find the angle and exploit the league's shortcomings. See the three links in my sig.

slamen13
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby slamen13 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:33 pm

does anyone know where I can find a dynasty auction AAV cheat sheet? I broke my phone and had the page bookmarked with values on it but I cant get it now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.