DT or Cobb and Edelman

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ddog2303
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

DT or Cobb and Edelman

Postby ddog2303 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:40 am

So this is a combination of a salary cap question and a "which side do you like" question. Don't ignore the thread if you aren't in a salary cap league since the cap doesn't really matter it's just put it in perspective for those who play in salary cap leagues.

I have Cobb at $29 and. Edelman at $31. I was thinking of offering both at a total of $60 in salary to get D. Thomas who has a $70 salary. I know a lot of guys have DT as the WR10 or lower but I'm not sure that's an accurate value. He had 100+/1300+/6. The only thing that kept him out of the top WR tier this season was his TD numbers. But, Denver as a team only had 19 passing tad and DT had 1/3 of them. I think that's only going to get better. If his floor is WR10-15 but his ceiling is WR4-6, does it make sense to do a Cobb and Edelman for DT trade? This is for my Sig team. If you see anything else I should offer or an offer entirely different let me know.
8 team SUPERFLEX, PPR, .2 PPC, 1.5PPR for TEs, 5 point passing TDs, IDP
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 SF, 1 K
3DL, 4 LB, 4 DB

QB- Rodgers, Wentz,
RB- DJ, Barkley, Kamara, Cook, Mixon, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, Ekeler, Lindsay, Powell
WR- AB, OBJ, Nuk, Michael Thomas, Adams, Watkins, Josh Gordon, Dante Pettis, Doctson, Tyrell, Josh Reynolds
TE- Zach Ertz, Jordan Reed, Hunter Henry, Shaheen
DL- Watt, Donald, Campbell, Griffen, Graham, Irving
LB- Kuechly, Lee, Kwon, Martinez, Hicks, Eric Kendricks, Edmunds, Preston Brown, Hitchens
DB- Landon Collins, Keanu Neal, Poyer, Hyde, Quin, Cyprien

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Re: DT or Cobb and Edelman

Postby TomBobAnderson » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:49 pm

Depends on how many years each contract has

ddog2303
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ddog2303 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:33 pm

Cobb and Edelman would be getting extensions so those are a possible 7 years. DT is 4 more years
8 team SUPERFLEX, PPR, .2 PPC, 1.5PPR for TEs, 5 point passing TDs, IDP
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 SF, 1 K
3DL, 4 LB, 4 DB

QB- Rodgers, Wentz,
RB- DJ, Barkley, Kamara, Cook, Mixon, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, Ekeler, Lindsay, Powell
WR- AB, OBJ, Nuk, Michael Thomas, Adams, Watkins, Josh Gordon, Dante Pettis, Doctson, Tyrell, Josh Reynolds
TE- Zach Ertz, Jordan Reed, Hunter Henry, Shaheen
DL- Watt, Donald, Campbell, Griffen, Graham, Irving
LB- Kuechly, Lee, Kwon, Martinez, Hicks, Eric Kendricks, Edmunds, Preston Brown, Hitchens
DB- Landon Collins, Keanu Neal, Poyer, Hyde, Quin, Cyprien

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:25 am

I love DT, and I'm with you that he's undervalued.

But, no way I would offer this for him. As you noted, you get DT for half the time as Cobb and for double the price. He had better WAY out-perform Cobb to be more valuable that Cobb alone (unless you think that Cobb is a bust). As for Edelman, I'm not sure that he'll have 7 years of production left, so let's consider Edelman and DT as both having four years. In this case, yes, I'd prefer DT's production to Edelman's value, but I think that it's close.

In other words, given the salary disparities and the value of the contracts, I would only offer Edelman OR Cobb for DT. If you're desperate to get DT, of course, then pay what you have to and don't look back. But, I'd start with Edelman alone. Then Cobb alone. Then go from there.

Good luck!
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

dlf_tomk
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_tomk » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:28 pm

I wouldn't project for more then 4 years for any of the players on offer. And I like DT far more than the others - especially as Edelman will have Brady for maybe 3 of those years anyway.
IDP guy from England. Bashes out articles with dodgy graphs

@TomDegenerate