Assigning Contract Years

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dynastysports
MVP
MVP

Assigning Contract Years

Postby dynastysports » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:34 am

Sorry for not answering questions this is my first year in a salary cap league so I am still trying to figure out what I am doing. I just wanted to see what you guys thought on assigning years to the salaries below. 10 team ppr start qb 2rb 3wr 2flex te dst. $1000 cap 55 total contract years, the rookie draft is about to start and it has standard contracts. I have already assigned years but wanted feedback let me know.

Brees $81/3, Bradford $25/2
Lacy $171/4, Latavius $76/3, Martin $42/2, Williams $8/2, Blue, $21/2, D. Robinson $8/1, Gray $8/1
DT $158/4, ARob $55/3, Charles Johnson, $29/2, Andre Johnson $68/2, Quick $12/2, Cruz $25/2, Janis $8/1, Shorts $4/1
Kelce $68/3, Witten $25/1
Texans $12/1

All of my contract years are given out when you include the standard years assigned to draft picks.

Thanks for the help.

dynastysports
MVP
MVP

Re: Assigning Contract Years

Postby dynastysports » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:24 am

Other info:

50% of salary multiplied by years left and can only be divided by two years including current. I.e. $100 by 4 would be a $200 cap penalty.
You can extend 2 players each off season but only for one year and at the current salary. You also can only extend them twice.
Veteran auction works like a normal auction. Owners can bid on contract for FAs highest bidder wins. But all players are restricted FAs so the owner can choose to match the winning value as long as they have the cap room.
No auto increases.
I'm fairly close I think I have $60 left under the cap.
Also you ca only give a 4 year max contract and if you extend a rookie the contract doubles each year you extend them.

venomreapers
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Assigning Contract Years

Postby venomreapers » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:00 am

It may be late too help this year but maybe for future years. With the two 1 year extensions, I don't think I'd ever assign a RB over 3 years(depends on age they enter league). Most RB's have a 5 year shelf life. So if you sign a RB to a 3 year contract when he is 22, you get him for his prime years(22-25), with 2 extensions it'll be age 27 when he becomes a FA. The magic number 30 has always been thrown around but that represents the elite backs more often then the very good backs. For the very good backs, 27 begins the sharp decline.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... ter-age-27

TE's on the other hand rarely produce their rookie years and in general you get their best years right around 27, so maybe just looking for FA TE's is the best bet. Maybe get to them when they are 25 before their breakout starts.

http://fftoday.com/articles/bales/13_te_age.html

Anyway this should help you refocus your years for future selections.
Dynasty Football United: Reading Reapers
Non-PPR all 6 point TD's, 1 QB, 0-2 RB, 1-5 WR, 0-3 TE, 1 K, 2-3 DL, 3-4 LB, 2-3 DB
QB: Andrew Luck, Carson Palmer
RB: Frank Gore, Robert Turbin, Ryan Mathews, Kenjon Barner, Mike Gillislee, Dion Lewis
WR: Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins, TY Hilton, Willie Snead, Allen Hurns, Travis Benjamin, Robby Anderson, JJ Nelson, Dontrelle Inman
TE: Martellus Bennett, Cameron Brate
K: Stephen Gostowski
DL: Danielle Hunter, Frank Clark, Kerry Hyder, Trey Flowers
LB: Lavonte David, Preston Brown, Telvin Smith, Craig Robertson, Danell Ellerbee
DB: Logan Ryan, Jahleel Addae, Daryl Worley, Donte Whitner

Taxi: De'Vondre Campbell, Cody Kessler, Sheldon Rankins, Elandon Roberts, TJ Green
IR/S: Jaylon Smith, Karlos Williams, J.J. Watt, Tyrann Mathieu, Jamaal Charles