Dynasty auction values

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
LightsOutWF
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Dynasty auction values

Postby LightsOutWF » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:11 am

I don't know why but I can never find a decent dynasty cheat sheet with auction values this time of year, lil help here?
12 team PPR QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/FLEX/TE/DEF $200 Annual Auction/FA Budget

QB Matt Ryan, Alex Smith
RB Chris Ivory, Andre Ellington, Lamar Miller Devonta Freeman
WR Demaryius Thomas, Randall Cobb, James Jones, Roddy White, Marquis Lee
TE Eric Ebron, Larry Donnell
2016 1st 3rd 4th

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Dynasty auction values

Postby bruiser » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:31 am

Never use a cheat sheet, as they are never a perfect match for any league. Take a couple hours to make your own on spreadsheet. It's a dynasty league, and you will be stuck with a cheatsheet team if you dont
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

LightsOutWF
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby LightsOutWF » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:34 am

I'm just looking for a starting point and plan to adjust from there.

QB Matt Ryan, Alex Smith
2016 1st 3rd 4th

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:02 am

If you're looking for a guidepost, here is what I would do. Take the existing auction values for a redraft league that has similar league settings and scoring to yours. Then, take all the names and replace them with numbers. That way, you'll have, say, QB1 for $X, QB2 for $Y, etc. Finally, replace the numbers with a cheatsheet of dynasty rankings.

There's your guidepost. Then adjust for league tendencies, personal preferences of players, your vision of roster construction, etc.

Good luck!
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

LightsOutWF
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby LightsOutWF » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:19 am

Great advice and I feel like an idiot for not thinking of it myself, thanks!

QB Matt Ryan, Alex Smith
2016 1st 3rd 4th

hankscorpio
Role Player
Role Player

Postby hankscorpio » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:59 am

moishetreats wrote:If you're looking for a guidepost, here is what I would do. Take the existing auction values for a redraft league that has similar league settings and scoring to yours. Then, take all the names and replace them with numbers. That way, you'll have, say, QB1 for $X, QB2 for $Y, etc. Finally, replace the numbers with a cheatsheet of dynasty rankings.

There's your guidepost. Then adjust for league tendencies, personal preferences of players, your vision of roster construction, etc.

Good luck!
Exactly what I was going to say.
12 teams, 20 roster spots, hard salary cap $225, 40% drop penalty, max contract 3 yrs (4 yrs for rookies), unlimited total yrs
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, DEF, K; PPR, 6 pts/TD pass
QB: Cam ($29/2015); Wilson ($5/2016)
RB: Gurley ($12/2018), McFadden ($4/2015); C. West ($11/2015), Spiller ($26/2016), Abdullah ($6/2018), Mason ($6/2016)
WR: Demaryius ($64/2015), Decker ($9/2017), DeSean ($22/2015), DGB ($1/2018), M.Jones ($2/2016); Allen ($1/2016)
TE: Walker ($1/2015), Bennett ($11/2017)
2016: 2 1sts

12 teams, 20 roster spots, Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, DEF, K; PPR, 4 pts/TD pass
QB: Wilson, Brees
RB: Forte, Ellington, C. Johnson, J. Allen, Michael, Starks,
WR: Mega, Allen, J.Matthews, Boldin, Stills, Britt
TE: Gronk, Witten
2016: 2 1sts

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:45 am

I'm in a couple big auction leagues and frankly I never have a cheat sheet of specific values because after the first couple guys come off the board for less or more then you predict it's all out the window at that point anyway. I approach an auction like this:

I do have a cheat sheet but it's not a straight ranking but a tiered listing. So I'll have Tier 1 QB, Tier 2 QB, etc. for each position. I then put a value on that position based on league history for what those types of players usually go for. So if the top tier QBs normally go for $20 in a $100 cap then I'll put the Tier 1 QBs in an $18-$22 range, maybe Tier 2 QBs will be $14-$18 and so forth. I'll note a couple players that I'm willing to overpay for and those that I would only take if it's a steal. This is actually the easy part.

Then the main work goes into the budget. This is where I set out to see how much I'll spend per position and then how much within the position. So I decide this year I'm going to spend say $40 total on RBs, then I'll budget that out roughly between 4 RBs (lets assume I can only draft 4 for simplicity), perhaps $25 to 1, $10 to another and then $5 for the other two.

Once I've done the budget then I match that up with my cheat sheet...so what does a $25 RB get me? And so I mock it out by filling out my team with players in each range and see what a possible roster will look like. This then lets me know if I'm overspending on a position or under spending on another. It'll quickly tell me the best QB I can get in this budget is say Cutler and if I'm not comfortable with that then I need to adjust more budget toward QB until I can get to a Tier I'm comfortable with and then adjust budget down at another position.

By doing both of these I now have what I feel is my "ideal" team based on my budget matched up with my cheat sheet values. And my having the players in tiers that keeps me from wildly overspending because I won't feel I *have* to have a certain player if I'd be perfectly happy with 3 others in the same value range.

Works for me anyway. Hope it sparks some ideas for you.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:30 am

[quote="bonscott"]I'm in a couple big auction leagues and frankly I never have a cheat sheet of specific values because after the first couple guys come off the board for less or more then you predict it's all out the window at that point anyway. I approach an auction like this:

I do have a cheat sheet but it's not a straight ranking but a tiered listing. So I'll have Tier 1 QB, Tier 2 QB, etc. for each position. I then put a value on that position based on league history for what those types of players usually go for. So if the top tier QBs normally go for $20 in a $100 cap then I'll put the Tier 1 QBs in an $18-$22 range, maybe Tier 2 QBs will be $14-$18 and so forth. I'll note a couple players that I'm willing to overpay for and those that I would only take if it's a steal. This is actually the easy part.

Then the main work goes into the budget. This is where I set out to see how much I'll spend per position and then how much within the position. So I decide this year I'm going to spend say $40 total on RBs, then I'll budget that out roughly between 4 RBs (lets assume I can only draft 4 for simplicity), perhaps $25 to 1, $10 to another and then $5 for the other two.

I'm getting ready to have a rookie draft on August 9th and then the free agent auction on August 16th so I'm going to make a cheat sheet this weekend. I think I'm going to do one like you did, as far as tiers goes. I know there are other owners that are in my league that are new to auction/salary leagues, just like me, so you know that there will be some overspending, I'm going to try not to, but I know I will make mistakes too. My main goal is to save a
decent amount of cap space and be smart with my 4-year contracts. Good advice overall though.
12 TEAM PPR 1QB 1/3RB 1/3WR 1TE 2FLEX 1D 1K

Team 1: 8-5-2019 Champs 8-5-2020 Champs 11-3-2021 Champs
QBs: D.Carr, C.Wentz
RBs: J.Taylor, A.Jones, J.Mixon, B.Robinson
WRs: T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, K.Allen, J.Jones, K.Golladay
TEs: T.Kelce, P.Freiermuth

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 10-3-Championship 2021: 12-2-Runner Up
QBs: J.Allen, Winston, Trubisky
RBs: Ekeler, J.Williams, M.Gordon, J.Jacobs, I.Spiller
WRs: C.Kupp, T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, D.Mooney, N.Collins, M.Hardman
TEs: D.Waller, D.Schultz, Albert O