Countdown to the NFL Draft: 1.09 Bills

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Countdown to the NFL Draft: 1.09 Bills

Postby meineymoe » Tue May 06, 2014 5:37 pm

When I first did my mock, I had TE Ebron going here, but the pick has left a sour taste in my mouth since.

I think offensive lineman is the way they should go, and that will probably mean OT Taylor Lewan.

I've seen names like Mike Evans, Khalil Mack, and Jake Matthews mocked here, but I don't really expect any of those players to be available. Lewan is probably on the next tier of offensive linemen, but is not a stretch at all.

-oo-

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Countdown to the NFL Draft: 1.09 Bills

Postby DJB » Tue May 06, 2014 6:00 pm

It's going to be Zach Martin if we stay at 9. Trade up for Evans, or trade back for Odell Beckham.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

kingnesta
Role Player
Role Player

Postby kingnesta » Tue May 06, 2014 8:52 pm

If the Bills stay at this spot and do not trade up then they face the reality of the top two Wr's and the top three OT's being off of the board. I think they would then turn their attention to the defense. I could see them selecting Mosley here if he was still on board, but since he isn't they will look to work on their secondary. My pick for the Bills is Ha Ha Clinton Dix. He fills a hole for Jarius Byrd who they lost in Free Agency.
12 team-PPR-49 man roster IDP 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex(rb/wr/te), K, 1 DT, 1 DE, 2 LB, 1 DB, 1 Flex (DL,LB,DB)
QB - Ryan, Winston, McCarron
RB - Hunt, Hyde, CJ Anderson, Dixon, Stewart
WR - Julio Jones, Hopkins, Allen, Jeffrey, Cobb, Moncrief, Floyd, Nelson, Rogers, Godwin
TE - Olsen, Ertz, Doyle, Cook
K - Lutz
DT - McCoy, Linval Joseph
DE - Mario Edwards, Avril, Graham
LB - Kirksey, Alexander, Timmons, Trevathan, McKinney, Minter
DB - Jenkins, Byron Jones

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Tue May 06, 2014 10:57 pm

If you go off of how I have picked the 8 picks before this on this forum, there is a great OT still available in Taylor Lewan. EJ Manuel wasn't too bad last season except that he was beaten and battered. I know that the offense needs to get some weapons, but Watkins and Evans have been taken and Ebron is not worth the 9th pick in my opinion.
Lewan fits a need to protect Manuel and also gets a nasty offensive lineman on the team. Will also help the running game and could possibly have some positive impact on Spiller/FJax?
Taylor Lewan is my pick here for the Bills based on how i have picked the others.
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too