prater record fg

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

prater record fg

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:46 pm

Its in Denver, who cares, the ball is wayyy easier to kick far up there. Do it in Miami in the humidity and I'll respect the record...
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

DynastyKing
Captain
Captain

Re: prater record fg

Postby DynastyKing » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:48 pm

bcoogan23 wrote:Its in Denver, who cares, the ball is wayyy easier to kick far up there. Do it in Miami in the humidity and I'll respect the record...
Here's the list of guys who've kicked field goals of 63 yards or more in the NFL:

Tom Dempsey
Jason Elam
Sebastian Janikowski

David Akers
Matt Prater

All names in bold made their kicks at Mile High. As someone who's golfed in Denver, I can definitely attest that the altitude makes a massive difference. I think it's interesting that nobody cared where the ball was kicked until the record fell as opposed to being tied X3.